+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Travel / Id renewal / Route

tkhatuda

Mar 19, 2021
I would like to know that can my parents visit Canada as an immediate family member of permanent resident of Canada ?

Secondly ,
I reside in Vancouver , what is the best route for now to land YVR ? via Frankfut or YYZ or YUL ? as per 3 days hotel and covid test requirement

lastly,
Do I need to renew my pr card to show relationship with my parents as my citizenship grant is in process ?

Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would like to know that can my parents visit Canada as an immediate family member of permanent resident of Canada ?

Secondly ,
I reside in Vancouver , what is the best route for now to land YVR ? via Frankfut or YYZ or YUL ? as per 3 days hotel and covid test requirement

lastly,
Do I need to renew my pr card to show relationship with my parents as my citizenship grant is in process ?

Thanks in advance
Yes they can visit. What is the best route is personal preference and availability. They will have to do a 3 day hotel quarantine and then a 11 day quarantine in a separate area in your home like a basement or AirBnB.

tkhatuda

Mar 19, 2021
How about if there final destination is in BC and they come through Montreal how the covid test and 3 day hotel Qurantine works ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

How about if there final destination is in BC and they come through Montreal how the covid test and 3 day hotel Qurantine works ?
1. They will have to quarantine at a designated hotel in Montreal for up to 3 days on arrival in Montreal.
2. Once that quarantine is finished, they have to quarantine at their final destination for the remainder of the 14 days. They can't share a house, they need separate accommodation.

tkhatuda

Mar 19, 2021
Hi

1. They will have to quarantine at a designated hotel in Montreal for up to 3 days on arrival in Montreal.
2. Once that quarantine is finished, they have to quarantine at their final destination for the remainder of the 14 days. They can't share a house, they need separate accommodation.
Thankyou .

one more thing any recommendation as Final destination will be Vancouver so they travel via YUL and stay there for 3 days then fly to YVR or travel through Frankfut directly to YVR ? Its confusing due to 3 days hotel booking

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou .

one more thing any recommendation as Final destination will be Vancouver so they travel via YUL and stay there for 3 days then fly to YVR or travel through Frankfut directly to YVR ? Its confusing due to 3 days hotel booking
You book at their point of entry so Montreal.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello
I have a question. My parents are travelling to Toronto from Delhi in April. They will do hotel quarantine for 3 days. Are we allowed to go to the airport and see them at the airport? The hotel does airport pick up.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I have a question. My parents are travelling to Toronto from Delhi in April. They will do hotel quarantine for 3 days. Are we allowed to go to the airport and see them at the airport? The hotel does airport pick up.
Technically yes although I'm sure it isn't encouraged. You can't actually have contact with them but you can greet them from a certain distance or where the airport will allow you to stand. You can't drive them to their quarantine location or help them with their bags since it would defeat the purpose of quarantine.

Reactions: neeti2090