+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa [Syrian nationals]

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada does promote family reunification for the "image" only - for marketing reasons nothing else. The reality is otherwise, and that's the core of the problem!

When they don't tell you what's the exact matter then they're obviously not working towards "family reunification".
When you specify that you need your family support for incidents such as birth-giving and they don't take that into consideration then they're obviously not working for "family reunification." they simply reside for a typical cliche sentence that they copy-paste without any further effort to care for an explanation.

Both my parents are well educated, with higher degrees. They're healthy. They have their lives set and their social lives/ roots are very deep back home. I had proof that I'll take care of the finances when they come... and all sort of supporting documents -- yet they simply say "I'm not satisfied"

All they care about is the image. They bring in refugees from all sorts of backgrounds to target the news headlines "Look at us Canada is pro-humanity...etc." But what about my newly born kids not seeing their grandparents or me not seeing my mom for example, isn't this considered humanitarian? My parents will never stay in Canada -- like impossible! sadly there is no proper/ official way to provide to IRCC.

I'm a PR holder (should be treated just like a Canadian citizen) this is my home this is the country that I chose to love and call home. it's silly when you can't have your parents come over to your home OWN, no?
Promoting family reunification doesn’t mean that Canada allows every family member to enter Canada. Canada has provided a few potential ways for your family to potentially visit Canada or even get PR. Having a program that allows parents or grandparents to get PR with access to healthcare is actually pretty rare and programs like the supervisa is also that allows parents to visit for 2 years is pretty uncommon. Canada, and many other countries around the world, have approved a very large number of refugees from Syria. Some of the permanent residents from Syrian or the Canadian citizens who were from Syria were able to have their family visit Canada and many did claim asylum so that is why are concerns that many applying to visit from Syria are not planning on returning to Syria. This concern is not limited to Canada. Family members from Syria are having problems visiting relatives living in many countries. Have you ordered GCMS notes to see specifically why your parents were denied? If you specified that you would be covering all of their expenses is that because they couldn’t cover all their own expenses? Their level of savings may have been an issue. Property ownership or ties to to Syria could also be an issue. Do they have other children? Are any of them living in Syria? Canada doesn’t bring in most refugees, they actually arrive in Canada and claim asylum on their own. There have been a few times where Canada has welcomed a large number of refugees in response to a major humanitarian incident. Off the top of my head I can think of Somalia, Syria and Vietnam but these are very rare occurrences. Canada actually doesn’t try to highlight our asylum program so that we don’t encourage more people to arrive and claim asylum. Canada prefers to control who enters and remains in Canada. Canada hasn’t prevented you or your children from ever seeing your parents. You do have the opportunity to see them either in Syria (if you aren’t a protected person) or in a 3rd country. Being a citizen doesn’t mean that your parents will be able to enter Canada so I’m not sure why Canada is not treating you as a citizen. Perhaps you are a protected person and you mean that you can’t return to Syruan until you receive your Canadian citizenship. Your parents may eventually get a supervisa. If Syria becomes more stable over time then their chances of getting a supervisa will increase as long as there are no other issues. Being denied once doesn’t mean they will be denied forever. If they do decide they want to move to Canada you can also try for PGP once you qualify. I understand that you are upset that your parents were denied but I assume you can also appreciate that Canada tried to welcome a large number of Syrians who needed asylum and that there are valid concerns that parents arriving from numerous countries have a high risk of not leaving Canada.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
There are opportunities to see your family. It may not be in Canada but There are ways to visit.
Thank u for advice . Btw I know so many called there parents from Syria recently but unfortunately some ppl pay for others mistakes
There are opportunities to see your family. It may not be in Canada but There are ways to visit.
thanx for advise .. but unfortunately some ppl pays other mistakes !!

Last edited:

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Hello folks,

Anyone here could provide any info on processing times and decision for their Syrian parent who came from Damascus or any other city in Syria?

My parents applied end on Jan 2021. The processing office is in Turkey. The IRCC website says "no processing-time estimation" for application in Turkey (stage but that's the case).

Any one applied recently or in the past couple of months? Kindly share timelines and info.

Thank you!
Any updates thank u

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Hello folks,

Anyone here could provide any info on processing times and decision for their Syrian parent who came from Damascus or any other city in Syria?

My parents applied end on Jan 2021. The processing office is in Turkey. The IRCC website says "no processing-time estimation" for application in Turkey (stage but that's the case).

Any one applied recently or in the past couple of months? Kindly share timelines and info.

Thank you!
Any update?