+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa [Syrian nationals]

mahmoud.jab

Feb 23, 2021
Hello folks,

Anyone here could provide any info on processing times and decision for their Syrian parent who came from Damascus or any other city in Syria?

My parents applied end on Jan 2021. The processing office is in Turkey. The IRCC website says "no processing-time estimation" for application in Turkey (stage but that's the case).

Any one applied recently or in the past couple of months? Kindly share timelines and info.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello folks,

Anyone here could provide any info on processing times and decision for their Syrian parent who came from Damascus or any other city in Syria?

My parents applied end on Jan 2021. The processing office is in Turkey. The IRCC website says "no processing-time estimation" for application in Turkey (stage but that's the case).

Any one applied recently or in the past couple of months? Kindly share timelines and info.

Thank you!
If they are applying from Syria then you should be looking at the processing times for super visas from Syria (not Turkey). Right now processing time for applicants from Syria is listed as 339 days.

mahmoud.jab

Feb 23, 2021
If they are applying from Syria then you should be looking at the processing times for super visas from Syria (not Turkey). Right now processing time for applicants from Syria is listed as 339 days.
Thanks Scylla! Sure I ended resorting to this one and only info that is available. Because 339 looks like A LOT of time to hear a decision I was hoping to read a smaller number under "Turkey's" office -- you know more of a psychological reassurance :D

Reactions: scylla

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Hi any update ? I applied for my mother who is resident in Syria on 20th April .. biometric done on 20th may..now I’m waiting

mahmoud.jab

Feb 23, 2021
Hi any update ? I applied for my mother who is resident in Syria on 20th April .. biometric done on 20th may..now I’m waiting
unfortunately, the super visa was rejected on March 2021 "the officer was not convinced that my parents will leave Canada at the end of their stay" I'm not sure why they'd think so but there is no explanation on what to improve or what to provide.

mahmoud.jab

Feb 23, 2021
I’m worried that the reason only because that they r Syrian
Sadly it seems like it! Although the Canadian gov markets itself as all about "family reunion" and all; but unfortunately it seems deep down they don't practice all that they preach. My parents missed the delivery of both of their grandchildren (you know how important these stuff are for us - actually to any nationality I blv) but yeah I very much agree with @canuck78 's point below.

Best of luck! don't lose hope it is sometimes case by case basis, do keep this thread informed so we can help others. Keep us posted.
All the best

M

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sadly it seems like it! Although the Canadian gov markets itself as all about "family reunion" and all; but unfortunately it seems deep down they don't practice all that they preach. My parents missed the delivery of both of their grandchildren (you know how important these stuff are for us - actually to any nationality I blv) but yeah I very much agree with @canuck78 's point below.

Best of luck! don't lose hope it is sometimes case by case basis, do keep this thread informed so we can help others. Keep us posted.
All the best

M
Canada does promote family reunification but they don’t promote family reunification above everything else. They don’t approve visas if they don’t believe people will return home.

mahmoud.jab

Feb 23, 2021
Canada does promote family reunification but they don’t promote family reunification above everything else. They don’t approve visas if they don’t believe people will return home.
Canada does promote family reunification for the "image" only - for marketing reasons nothing else. The reality is otherwise, and that's the core of the problem!

When they don't tell you what's the exact matter then they're obviously not working towards "family reunification".
When you specify that you need your family support for incidents such as birth-giving and they don't take that into consideration then they're obviously not working for "family reunification." they simply reside for a typical cliche sentence that they copy-paste without any further effort to care for an explanation.

Both my parents are well educated, with higher degrees. They're healthy. They have their lives set and their social lives/ roots are very deep back home. I had proof that I'll take care of the finances when they come... and all sort of supporting documents -- yet they simply say "I'm not satisfied"

All they care about is the image. They bring in refugees from all sorts of backgrounds to target the news headlines "Look at us Canada is pro-humanity...etc." But what about my newly born kids not seeing their grandparents or me not seeing my mom for example, isn't this considered humanitarian? My parents will never stay in Canada -- like impossible! sadly there is no proper/ official way to provide to IRCC.

I'm a PR holder (should be treated just like a Canadian citizen) this is my home this is the country that I chose to love and call home. it's silly when you can't have your parents come over to your home OWN, no?

Loli 123

May 24, 2021
Canada does promote family reunification for the "image" only - for marketing reasons nothing else. The reality is otherwise, and that's the core of the problem!

When they don't tell you what's the exact matter then they're obviously not working towards "family reunification".
When you specify that you need your family support for incidents such as birth-giving and they don't take that into consideration then they're obviously not working for "family reunification." they simply reside for a typical cliche sentence that they copy-paste without any further effort to care for an explanation.

Both my parents are well educated, with higher degrees. They're healthy. They have their lives set and their social lives/ roots are very deep back home. I had proof that I'll take care of the finances when they come... and all sort of supporting documents -- yet they simply say "I'm not satisfied"

All they care about is the image. They bring in refugees from all sorts of backgrounds to target the news headlines "Look at us Canada is pro-humanity...etc." But what about my newly born kids not seeing their grandparents or me not seeing my mom for example, isn't this considered humanitarian? My parents will never stay in Canada -- like impossible! sadly there is no proper/ official way to provide to IRCC.

I'm a PR holder (should be treated just like a Canadian citizen) this is my home this is the country that I chose to love and call home. it's silly when you can't have your parents come over to your home OWN, no?
that is really sad . Our family is matter who can live years without see them .. but