+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa after 5 year ban

Nov 30, 2018
Hi, my parents got a 5 year ban in 2015 after they failed to disclose that they had applied for US visa (which was refused) when they came to Canada in 2013 on visitor visa. We didn’t know about the ban and only came to know after one agent told us in 2019. They kept applied multiple times in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and it got rejected.

After that I and my sister came to Canada to study and both got PR last year. When I applied a visa for my mom in 2021 after the ban ended it still got rejected.
Does anyone know if there is a possibility they will get visa or should we hire a lawyer for a court process?

thank you

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi, my parents got a 5 year ban in 2015 after they failed to disclose that they had applied for US visa (which was refused) when they came to Canada in 2013 on visitor visa. We didn’t know about the ban and only came to know after one agent told us in 2019. They kept applied multiple times in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and it got rejected.

After that I and my sister came to Canada to study and both got PR last year. When I applied a visa for my mom in 2021 after the ban ended it still got rejected.
Does anyone know if there is a possibility they will get visa or should we hire a lawyer for a court process?

thank you
They can't do anything regarding to immigration in Canada UNTIL the ban is OVER. It took effect the day the immigration officer made his final decision.
Don't keep trying since it will be a waist of time and money. Instead of trying, just ORDER the notes and go see a lawyer after receiving the GMCS notes.

Nov 30, 2018
Hi, thank you for the response. But their ban was over in 2020. We’ve applied twice after that in 2021 and 2022 but it still got rejected even though me and my brother are PR now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How many children live in Canada and what are their ties to their home country? The fact that they applied so many times shows urgency to come to Canada isn’t good so only reapply once they read GCMS notes and address the issues indicated.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And did they disclose all the refused TRV applications in each of the later application?
As replied, it's not good to re apply again and again without addressing the exact issue on why their previsou visa was refused.
Apply for the GCMS notes. Address all the issue before applying for TRV again.

Alternatively, if you OR your sister meet the LICO of the previous 3 years, you can try to apply for super visa or PGP in the future.
(note that you and your sister cannot co-sign a sponsorship)

Reactions: positivemindset15
Nov 30, 2018
They have addressed everything in the subsequent applications. Now it’s me and my sister who are both PR and are trying to sponser one parent each on Super Visa. But it got rejected saying the purpose of their trip is not clear

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They have addressed everything in the subsequent applications. Now it’s me and my sister who are both PR and are trying to sponser one parent each on Super Visa. But it got rejected saying the purpose of their trip is not clear
I have never heard of sponsoring 1 parent each between siblings. So you mean there were 2 supervisa applications and both of them were refused. And you have already got GCMS notes for both of them.

Do any of you have enough income to sponsor both of them? Others have more experience with super visa sponsorship maybe able to help.

Nov 30, 2018
We have the gcms notes that say that they were inadmissible for 5 years due to non disclosure. But now 6 years have passed.
Me and my sister are PR and have enough funds and annual income to support their super visa application. But they still got refusal.
Do you think we should try again for visa or go with a lawyer? Also, what does the lawyer process look like- is it a normal application or a court case? Thank You