Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Hi! I have a few questions and I'm hoping you can help me!

Planning to sponsor my mom to Canada. She is still married to my dad, but don't get along. I want to sponsor only her (he already lives with another woman). Can I sponsor only my mom and not my dad? They are not planning to get a divorce, they just can't live under the same roof anymore.

Also, since I've been a PR for only 2 years, can I bring her here on a super visa first, until I have all the documents for sponsorship ready? (3 years of income, etc.) And if she will be here on a super visa, can I start the sponsorship process with her in Canada? Will she have to travel back home?

Thanks in advance for anything you can advise!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will need to prove your parents are legally separated or have started the divorce process in order to sponsor only your mother and exclude your father. If you cannot provide legal documents to prove this, he will have to be included in the application and pass the medical and background/security checks along with your mother.

You can certainly apply to bring your mother to Canada on a super visa first. Keep in mind that the super visa only allows her to visit Canada, not move here permanently. So it's quite possible she may have to return home before the PR process is completed.

There is no inland process for parent sponsorship. Her application will be processed by the visa office responsible for her home country.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
scylla said:
You will need to prove your parents are legally separated or have started the divorce process in order to sponsor only your mother and exclude your father. If you cannot provide legal documents to prove this, he will have to be included in the application and pass the medical and background/security checks along with your mother.

You can certainly apply to bring your mother to Canada on a super visa first. Keep in mind that the super visa only allows her to visit Canada, not move here permanently. So it's quite possible she may have to return home before the PR process is completed.

There is no inland process for parent sponsorship. Her application will be processed by the visa office responsible for her home country.
Thank you!