+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents sponsorship and passport renewal

kskalam

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,

My mother's passport is expiring in Dec 2021.
Can I send the application for parents sponsorship with current passport (or) Do I need to apply for passport renewal and send with latest passport.

Reason for this question is that - our file may be opened next year and I don't know the impacts of expired passport when the open the application.

Please help....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My mother's passport is expiring in Dec 2021.
Can I send the application for parents sponsorship with current passport (or) Do I need to apply for passport renewal and send with latest passport.

Reason for this question is that - our file may be opened next year and I don't know the impacts of expired passport when the open the application.

Please help....
Have you been selected for PGP2020?

kskalam

Feb 10, 2021
I would suggest renewing her passport sometime this summer so she'll have she'll have a fresh passport when it is eventually requested for PPR. Processing is still 12-24 months so PPR can be a long way off.
ok. thanks for the reply.
Is it okay if the passport is expired when they open the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
ok. thanks for the reply.
Is it okay if the passport is expired when they open the application.
You are required to submit the application soon so she's have a valid passport. I would personally suggest applying for a new passport so she'll have get new passport before the other one expires.

kskalam

Feb 10, 2021
You are required to submit the application soon so she's have a valid passport. I would personally suggest applying for a new passport so she'll have get new passport before the other one expires.
I will apply for new passport in a month.

my main concern is

Is it okay if the passport is expired when they open the application. I can send the new passport once I have the file number