+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015

as333

Dec 4, 2015
I received this letter from CPC-Ottawa " Please be advised the visa is valid until 2016/07/19. You need to land in Canada before or on that date. Please submit the passports and photos as soon as possible."

This letter was date June 8, 2016 and my parents submitted there passports through VFS on June 15,2016 as that was the only option to submit the passports as per the letter. VFS was supposed to send the passports to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

I have not received the passports as of today. I am little concerned as i have already booked the tickets for July 12, 2016.

When my parents received the automatic text message from VFS, it showed " Visa application with tracking id xxxx has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office,Chandigarh on 16/06/2016." When i track the application, it shows " Your application is being processed at New Delhi".

I am little confused about this.

Also, How long does it take to get the passports back??

RajiD

Aug 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Request
Still Waiting
Hi Guys,

Please kindly help me out here.. Here's the time line :
The application was received in January 2011 and started processing Aug 2015. It's been almost a year and we haven't heard anything regarding medical request. Is that normal or should I get inquiry letter written by MP?

Thank you :)

aresham

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Hello my friends, here is my status. I applied for parents sponsorship when I was single on 2011. I meet LICO2011. I got married and has 2 children since then. Last year CIC asked for the update of the documents and they asked for tax return of 2011, 2012, 2013 and I submnitted them all on time. I have talked to one of CIC call centre agents today and she informed me that I need to satisfy the new LICO rule with 30% top up, which I cannot comply on my own. Can CIC change the LICO requirement like this? I should say that I did not add my wife as a co-signer, but if I need to satisfy new LICO then I need her to be my Co-signer. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
aresham said:
Hello my friends, here is my status. I applied for parents sponsorship when I was single on 2011. I meet LICO2011. I got married and has 2 children since then. Last year CIC asked for the update of the documents and they asked for tax return of 2011, 2012, 2013 and I submnitted them all on time. I have talked to one of CIC call centre agents today and she informed me that I need to satisfy the new LICO rule with 30% top up, which I cannot comply on my own. Can CIC change the LICO requirement like this? I should say that I did not add my wife as a co-signer, but if I need to satisfy new LICO then I need her to be my Co-signer. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks!
if you applied in 2011 the old rules apply to all applications that were accepted upto 5th November 2011. The call centre agent has given you the wrong information. you have nothing to worry about as long as your income is met as per the OLD rules of LICO.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Guys inshaAllah we will be flying to Canada in 10 days Please can someone tell whats the landing procedure is like? And what things we neeed?

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
Hello everyone I m new Here ....my Sister sponsr our family in 2011. Documents Request is in july 2014 Nd file forward To New Delhi in may 2015 ,, and got Medical request in july 2015 nd after long Wait Got a Ghost Medical furtherance letter For me nd Was diagnosed Wid Tuberculosis I Was So Depressed At that tym but after full 8 months I Got a Clearance From docter that Was On 3 june 2016 nd the Medical Results Have been received Line was added To Our status on 9 june 2016 but Till Now no update . I m a dependent In a File .we also put Inquiry From MP But affter 10 days they Rply That Thete May B a Chances Of interview Nd may B They extend Our Medical .our Medical Will Be Expire On 17 july .. My question Is That is There Any Chances of interview After medical Bcoz as per My Knowledge the Medical Is The Last Step nd After That Ppr Nd visa only.plz help Nd Rply bcoz Its now Too stressful situation For Our Family.

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
sundusk said:
Guys inshaAllah we will be flying to Canada in 10 days Please can someone tell whats the landing procedure is like? And what things we neeed?
Hi ... congratz nd Gud Luck for ur Future........i Just Want To Knw That did They ask U For Interview ??

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
cool ammy said:
Hello everyone I m new Here ....my Sister sponsr our family in 2011. Documents Request is in july 2014 Nd file forward To New Delhi in may 2015 ,, and got Medical request in july 2015 nd after long Wait Got a Ghost Medical furtherance letter For me nd Was diagnosed Wid Tuberculosis I Was So Depressed At that tym but after full 8 months I Got a Clearance From docter that Was On 3 june 2016 nd the Medical Results Have been received Line was added To Our status on 9 june 2016 but Till Now no update . I m a dependent In a File .we also put Inquiry From MP But affter 10 days they Rply That Thete May B a Chances Of interview Nd may B They extend Our Medical .our Medical Will Be Expire On 17 july .. My question Is That is There Any Chances of interview After medical Bcoz as per My Knowledge the Medical Is The Last Step nd After That Ppr Nd visa only.plz help Nd Rply bcoz Its now Too stressful situation For Our Family.
Interviews are very rare in parent sponsorship cases. Once medicals are cleared and security checks are completed you will get passport request.
Hopefully it will come soon.

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
Hiii everyone ... I read in This Thread that visa Office is Updating on the Same days Of Ur medical Clearrnce Or So on..... is that Ur True ??? ;D

Sagar5187

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Oct 2012 (rejected) went for Appeal (ADR)
Passport Req..
July 2012
Hi All, I am new to this form, I have been to CIC site for getting details on sponsoring parents, and it says application needs to be submitted next year, so is it just complete the below list of forms and keep it ready and on 3rd Jan 2017 send it to required address ??

Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771 ]
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]
Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409]
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
Fee Payment Form [IMM 5770]
Instruction Guide [IMM 5772]

Please let me know how can i proceed with the application

ravskabra

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Hello everyone,
I am here little bit frustrated ???
I had applied for my parents in Jan 2016. My application status says "Application Received".

But I haven't heard anything from CIC yet. No acknowledgement letter nothing..... :mad:

If anyone knows what to do in this situation.....?

Or if anyone can help me to understand the procedure... please...

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
Hi Sagar,

As CIC have stopped accepting new applications so you have to wait till Jan 2017, there will be an update on CIC site by end of November intimidating when they start accepting new applications and if there is any change in process or number of applications that will be accepted.

Keep an eye on forms as they are changed sometimes, so check for them in December and make sure you have all the required docs in your hand by 2nd week of December.

Hope this help you.

Sagar5187 said:
Hi All, I am new to this form, I have been to CIC site for getting details on sponsoring parents, and it says application needs to be submitted next year, so is it just complete the below list of forms and keep it ready and on 3rd Jan 2017 send it to required address ??

Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771 ]
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]
Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409]
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
Fee Payment Form [IMM 5770]
Instruction Guide [IMM 5772]

Please let me know how can i proceed with the application

Sagar5187

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Oct 2012 (rejected) went for Appeal (ADR)
Passport Req..
July 2012
Bobby82 said:
Hi Sagar,

As CIC have stopped accepting new applications so you have to wait till Jan 2017, there will be an update on CIC site by end of November intimidating when they start accepting new applications and if there is any change in process or number of applications that will be accepted.

Keep an eye on forms as they are changed sometimes, so check for them in December and make sure you have all the required docs in your hand by 2nd week of December.

Hope this help you.
Thanks for the response. So shall I take the listed documents into consideration now and keep the file ready accordingly so that most of things are done. Later if any changes are needed for 2017 guidelines it can be addressed.

Regards,
Sagar

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
Hi everyone, I need some help, I'm already living here in manitoba for 2 years and i want to sponsor my mother but the problem is i filed her name incorrectly during the processing of my application because we found out recently that the name she is using is different on her birth certificate. currently using name "normita" on birth certificate is "norma" what is the best way to do to correct it. because we thought that is her real name.this probably happened because during mom my was birth the technology was still not advance at all:-X

my mother has already a passport under the name of norma but on my previous application it was normita. she has the affidavit from the lawyer about her issue in birth certificate. anyone who can give me an advise thanks.