+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
canvis2006 said:
Best to visit ServiceOntario office AS soon as your mother lands.
They will advise you whether or not she is required to wait or she can be eligible for OHIP right away (if she is already in ON for more than 90 days).
Only they can tell you for sure.

Also check if she needs other documents to enroll for OHIP (such as proof of address, etc). Perhaps apply a Ontario Photo Card for her if possible (either before or after her landing). It has address and comes in a week or 2. It can serve as a "proof of address" which ohip always asks for. they're really anal about it too
@canivs, i wouldnt advise to cancel the supervisa insurance well it also depends where is she landing e.g. Ontario. i think there are some province where you dont have to wait for 90 days.

Pablo1

Dec 17, 2014
Members, I need your feedback. My parents did their re-meds on May 27, 2015 in Karachi and we have not heard back since then. I approached my area MP regarding the status of their application and have received the following reply.

"I have spoken with CIC this morning, they are currently waiting on the results for the medicals. They are aware that they have been completed at the end of May however the results haven’t been received yet. The agent advised to call back the beginning of September for an update."

What does it mean by saying that CIC is waiting for the medical results. Its been over 2 months now. Can anyone provide any comments. Thanks.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
hello Everyone
I just got an email from Singapore for PPR for my mother, but she is in here last two years.

Instructions says to send PP to CPC-Ottawa, but my question is why are they asking two X-press post envelopes to send?
if anyone has similar experience, please share as I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks .

Toronto30

darlingbrenda

Mar 18, 2015
toronto30 said:
hello Everyone
I just got an email from Singapore for PPR for my mother, but she is in here last two years.

Instructions says to send PP to CPC-Ottawa, but my question is why are they asking two X-press post envelopes to send?
if anyone has similar experience, please share as I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks .

Toronto30
Buy one Letter sizer and one Standard size x-press post envelopes. They are asking for two x-press post envelopes because one is for you to mail the documents, pictures and passport as requested and the other one is for them to mail your passport back. (make sure you include the standard size x-press post envelope inside with the documents). Before including the standard size envelope please complete your mom's name and mailing address and keep the tracking number so you can track it when they send it out.
Usually they send out the passport with Immigrant Visa within a week. Good Luck!!

msaadsaqib

Apr 13, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th June 2014
AOR Received.
8th August 2014
Med's Request
5th March 2015
Med's Done....
12th March 2015
Interview........
Skip
Passport Req..
21st July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
1st March 2016
Dear members,

I was sponsored by my spouse and got my Immigration Visa just few days ago. Now i want to sponsor my parents. Can anyone please guide after how long of landing at Canada i can sponsor my parents ?

Secondly please guide when i can apply for my parents super visa and after how much time it will get issue to my parents ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
msaadsaqib said:
I was sponsored by my spouse and got my Immigration Visa just few days ago. Now i want to sponsor my parents. Can anyone please guide after how long of landing at Canada i can sponsor my parents ?

Secondly please guide when i can apply for my parents super visa and after how much time it will get issue to my parents ?
Only 5,000 parent applications are accepted each year and the cap for this year has already been reached. The earliest you will be able to submit an application is the first business day of January of next year. Note that if you want to apply next year, your application will need to reach CIC on the first business day of the year. This year the cap was reached in a day and a half. The cap will most likely be reached even faster this year. You can apply next year provided your income and your spouse's income combined meet the low income cut off for the last three years and you can prove this through Canadian tax returns. More information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

***Edit: It looks like your spouse has been living with you outside of Canada. If that's the case, it's going to be at least four year before you can apply to sponsor your parents for PR since you need three full years of income in a row from Canadian sources that meet the low income cut off in order to qualify to sponsor them. ***

You can apply to bring your parents to Canada on a super visa provided you and your spouse meet the minimum income requirements. More information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
darlingbrenda said:
Buy one Letter sizer and one Standard size x-press post envelopes. They are asking for two x-press post envelopes because one is for you to mail the documents, pictures and passport as requested and the other one is for them to mail your passport back. (make sure you include the standard size x-press post envelope inside with the documents). Before including the standard size envelope please complete your mom's name and mailing address and keep the tracking number so you can track it when they send it out.
Usually they send out the passport with Immigrant Visa within a week. Good Luck!!
hi darlingbrenda
Thank you very much for the valuable info. I am hoping to send them today.
TO30

mansari12

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 july
Doc's Request.
oct 2013
AOR Received.
july 2013
Med's Request
11 march 2015
Med's Done....
30th march 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Do we have to pay the landing fees also?
How much is the amount?

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
mansari12 said:
Do we have to pay the landing fees also?
How much is the amount?
didnt you pay the landing fee? visa wont be issued until you pay the landing fee.
the fee schedule is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

mansari12

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 july
Doc's Request.
oct 2013
AOR Received.
july 2013
Med's Request
11 march 2015
Med's Done....
30th march 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Sorry we did .

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
Could anyone help me with this, i got a PPR today and it says submit 3 passport-sized photographs with 30 days along with the passports.

Anyone know what's the photo requirement? I am not sure is this for Canadian passport or PR card?

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
SIP said:
Could anyone help me with this, i got a PPR today and it says submit 3 passport-sized photographs with 30 days along with the passports.

Anyone know what's the photo requirement? I am not sure is this for Canadian passport or PR card?
I think it for PR card because to apply for a Canadian passport, you need to get Canadian citizen first. then you can apply for Canadian passport. if they are asking for passport size photos, then it must be passport size photos. nothing else

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
lakha said:
I think it for PR card because to apply for a Canadian passport, you need to get Canadian citizen first. then you can apply for Canadian passport. if they are asking for passport size photos, then it must be passport size photos. nothing else
I know, but i saw on another post people are saying it's for PR Card so it should be PR card size.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ppr-request-passport-photo-size-35mm-x-45-mm-or-50mm-x-70mm-t224520.0.html

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
SIP said:

when they send the passport request letter they send the photo requirement with it, with specification and in our case it clearly mentioned that its NOT a passport size photo.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Guys we have our medical in 1 day and in the applucation they have said "mention mobility needs for all ages" please somene explain what this means?