+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
farah242 said:
Hi, can you plz share your timeline with us, when did you apply... When the sponsorship was approved and sent to LVO?
Tnx

A question from all members,
Does anyone know how long does CIC takes to approve the sponsorship and send it to LVO after the initial doc request which for most of us of July 30, 2014.
Applied: July 2009
Doc. requested: March. 2012
Sponsor Approval and file transfer to ISB: Sep. 2012
Came to know in July 2014 that file is moved to London.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
starzibal said:
ok, i guess it will take another year.
Hi,
Im freaking myself out with questions that are coming into my mind, but I will still ask you and other members in the forum just to make sure!!
So I became a PR in canada in Dec 2009 and my husband is a citizen from the past 20 years, however he was working in the US till 2008 and moved to canada in July 2009 to sponsor me as we got married back homein 2008. We filed for my parents and dep children sponsorship in 2010 . Now my question is that in recent doc request CIC requested option c for the year prior to the filing of sponsorship , obviously I could not provide becoz I came here in dec, 2009 and my husband's option c showed only half year income here in canada. However we did provide option c for 2010,2011,2012 and 2013 . Will that be fine?
Also my husband is a co- signer with me....actually my husband is the sole earner in the family I did work part time for a year but that i had two kids back to back and could not continue working. I have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old....my question is will cic object that since its my parents that r being sponsored and I dont ear a single penny and showing my husband's income only?? My husband earns really well...and that is more than enough to fufill the spinsorship requirements. Im really worried about sponsorship being rejected due to this.... Plz share your thoughts ...

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
1. You must have provided 2009 and 2010 of your husband's Option C Printout because that is a requirement. If you didn't send 2009, then they will return your entire package and ask you to resubmit a complete package within 30 days from the date of the new letter with returned package.

2. Even if you have $0 income , it is ok as long as your husband is a co-signer and his income meets the LICO threshold for 2010.

farah242 said:
Hi,
Im freaking myself out with questions that are coming into my mind, but I will still ask you and other members in the forum just to make sure!!
So I became a PR in canada in Dec 2009 and my husband is a citizen from the past 20 years, however he was working in the US till 2008 and moved to canada in July 2009 to sponsor me as we got married back homein 2008. We filed for my parents and dep children sponsorship in 2010 . Now my question is that in recent doc request CIC requested option c for the year prior to the filing of sponsorship , obviously I could not provide becoz I came here in dec, 2009 and my husband's option c showed only half year income here in canada. However we did provide option c for 2010,2011,2012 and 2013 . Will that be fine?
Also my husband is a co- signer with me....actually my husband is the sole earner in the family I did work part time for a year but that i had two kids back to back and could not continue working. I have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old....my question is will cic object that since its my parents that r being sponsored and I dont ear a single penny and showing my husband's income only?? My husband earns really well...and that is more than enough to fufill the spinsorship requirements. Im really worried about sponsorship being rejected due to this.... Plz share your thoughts ...

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
farah242 said:
Hi,
I think you should provide some evidence of income for the time you husband was working out of Canada in 2009. This may not be necessary if he has sufficient income showing on his option C for 2009. Despite what some people will tell you here, having all the requested option c's is not a strict requirement. In my case, I sent in an option C for 2009, but I didn't have one for 2010. For 2010, I provided other evidence of income. The newer rules sound more strict about requiring NOA's and option C's. Your application should be processed under the old rules, as mine was.

There is no problem at all with your husband being the sole earner and being co-sponsor. This is similar to the situation with me and my wife. She came to Canada in spring of 2009 and didn't work for the first two years. We applied to bring her mother here in January, 2010. Her mother arrived in Canada as a PR in late November, 2014.

prassib

Dec 13, 2014
prassib said:
I posted this in the 2010 Parents sponsorship thread, and I am posting it here also...

Hi everyone - new member here.

My sister who is a Canadian citizen sponsored my Father's application - that was initiated in 2009.
Earlier this year, around first week of February, 2014, we did the medical exam for my Father in Mumbai, India, and submitted the final leg of the application.
We are still awaiting the PR approval.
I have few questions -
  • Do the Medical exam results expire exactly 1 year from the date the medical exam was done?
  • Does the applicant (senior citizen in this case) have to repeat the entire medical exam if the PR approval happens just after 1 year from the first medical exam? Are there any exceptions?
  • Does the applicant have to actually land in Canada before the expiration of the Medical exam?
Please advise... Thank you.
I am still looking for some information on this. As many people as we know that sponsored their parents' application they all got their visa before the Medicals expired. We are very close to the Medicals expiration date and still awaiting the visa. Anyone else here going through this situation, or know anyone that did?

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
Hi Folks!

Who didn't receive AOR from CIC?
I still not recieve AOR yet. I sent doc in mid Oct. ??? :(

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Parents Sponsorship)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
prassib said:
I am still looking for some information on this. As many people as we know that sponsored their parents' application they all got their visa before the Medicals expired. We are very close to the Medicals expiration date and still awaiting the visa. Anyone else here going through this situation, or know anyone that did?
Answers:
- Yes Medical expires in 1 year.
- remedical is full medical same stuff repeated same fees taken
- You have to land with 1 year before medical expires. They will not give you a visa where the validity is beyond the expiry of the medical.

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
Applied 2010 said:
Hi Folks!

Who didn't receive AOR from CIC?
I still not recieve AOR yet. I sent doc in mid Oct. ??? :(
what does your ECAS say?

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
Muhriz said:
Hi Everybody,

I'm wondering how long sponsored person needs to maintain income level. I have sponsored my parents and case is approved by CPC-M couple years back and file is now in LVO. Do I need to maintain income until my parents have visa stamped or it is only required until file is approved by CPC-M?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Any time before Visa is stamped or you show any status change, like divorce etc. Normally they do not ask after medical request, but don't keep your hopes high as guys working in CIC are not very smart and can miss asking documents. In my case they asked some more documents after medical was done and i had to send it quickly. It was not income proof but some thing else.

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
AShweta said:
Hi All,

I have one question, we are soon shifting to Canada as receiving PR soon. My MIL is alone in India and we want her to live there with us as long as possible maximum. As I could see that sponsorship takes almost 4 years time to be granted.

Can some one please tell me if there parents are living with them on parent/grandparent supervise. If yes, how often they have to go out from Canada? Is there any other limitation apart from going out for sometime after every two years? Please help as we have to plan for her.

Thanks,
Shweta
Be careful with supervisa, if your MIL is above 70 and depending upon her medical results, they may not give supervisa for more than 1 year. it is happenning a lot and happened to my parents 2 years ago. It is a chance you have to take and you may be lucky if you get 10 years supervisa, check other threads on supervisa and you will find out more.

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
Luckwithme said:
Hi All,

I need help regarding passport expiring issue. My parents completed their medical examination in August 2014. We had submitted their passport at ND office. Now their passport is going expired in Feb -2015. Will Canadian Embassy issue them PR Visa..or we have to renew their passports..? They are ready to travel if they issue visa before passport expire..

Thanks

Luckwithme
There is a stipulated travel requirement that the passport should be valid for atleast 90 days at the day of travel. You shoould have thought about that before submitting. I think they will ask for passport to be renewed. keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

below is the note from Canadian embassy when they requested passport for my parents:
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. You passport must be valid for at least six months.

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010applicant said:
what does your ECAS say?
My ecas still application received on June 2010. :(

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
eric leon said:
wht is the date.when ur package delivered to cic?
on Oct 15 2014 that CIC received. Have any changed ur status?