+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
CIC is processing applications received up to April 30, 2011. They just updated the processing times

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

KINGSXI

Mar 14, 2013
Hi, I m new to this forum. I have sponsered by mom under family class sponsorship. case timeline as follow

Applied - April 2008
Moved to Delhi July 2012
Meds requested - Nov 2012
Medical and passport submitted Dec 2012.

After that no updated from Delhi, been checking online website everyday but no update. ( all its says application received April 2008)
no info about medicals or any other update.

Please advice wht should I do next. As I live in Edmonton.
Thank you

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
my dad dont have birth certificate and not found will take months to come.what should I do.it is neccarsary to send parents birth certificate.?

a31

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
KINGSXI said:
Hi, I m new to this forum. I have sponsered by mom under family class sponsorship. case timeline as follow

Applied - April 2008
Moved to Delhi July 2012
Meds requested - Nov 2012
Medical and passport submitted Dec 2012.

After that no updated from Delhi, been checking online website everyday but no update. ( all its says application received April 2008)
no info about medicals or any other update.

Please advice wht should I do next. As I live in Edmonton.
Thank you
U should contact MP of ur area first explain ur situation n also apply gcms note

a31

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
eric leon said:
my dad dont have birth certificate and not found will take months to come.what should I do.it is neccarsary to send parents birth certificate.?
yeah to proof relationship u hv to ,i dnt think it takes one month ,as we also hd applied fr my mom n dad birth certificate n we got it wd in two weeks,request dem dat u hv to send dese to embassy

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
a31 said:
yeah to proof relationship u hv to ,i dnt think it takes one month ,as we also hd applied fr my mom n dad birth certificate n we got it wd in two weeks,request dem dat u hv to send dese to embassy
if I not send now then visa office ask for birth certificate or not found when case comes in india??? or what documents u attached with application to getting a birth certificate ..and what chances tht visa office ask for birth certificate...plz advice

a31

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
eric leon said:
if I not send now then visa office ask for birth certificate or not found when case comes in india??? or what documents u attached with application to getting a birth certificate ..and what chances tht visa office ask for birth certificate...plz advice
how much tym thy hd given u to submit documents? Vl ask my dad n let u knw ,thy vl ask buddy as its fr proof relationship

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
a31 said:
how much tym thy hd given u to submit documents? Vl ask my dad n let u knw ,thy vl ask buddy as its fr proof relationship
they give 90 days times.its better to wait 20 days and send now.or send when visa office ask. wht is the best option for me.plz advice

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
eric leon said:
they give 90 days times.its better to wait 20 days and send now.or send when visa office ask. wht is the best option for me.plz advice
sending earlier with less docs will not make your process fast
i would suggest you to issue your father certificate first then send all docs to VO definitely it will take 20 to 25 days but in 20 to 25 you will complete their requirement that is why they gave you 90 days so its better to send complete requirement instead of sending incomplete docs and they will ask you again for 90 days after few months this will make your process even more delay

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
I read document checklist.they clear wrote the children birth certificate than why our agent saying for parents birth certificate? ???????

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
eric leon said:
I read document checklist.they clear wrote the children birth certificate than why our agent saying for parents birth certificate? ???????
Just do whatever they asks dont waste the time.. you have 90 days though it will take 25 to 20 days but even if it takes 80 days to complete their requirement / your docs so it is better and it will not delay your case it will make easy to complete your case so go for it do not think too much as you have 90 days 3 months is enough for these requirement they will not mind or delay your process if you send your docs even after 80 to 85 days

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
bishoo1 said:
Just do whatever they asks dont waste the time.. you have 90 days though it will take 25 to 20 days but even if it takes 80 days to complete their requirement / your docs so it is better and it will not delay your case it will make easy to complete your case so go for it do not think too much as you have 90 days 3 months is enough for these requirement they will not mind or delay your process if you send your docs even after 80 to 85 days
thanks bro will do something

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
eric leon said:
It has been discussed in this thread many times before that its not parents birth certificate, its childs which shows name of parents and their marriage certificates. Nothing else

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
petersiddle28 said:
It has been discussed in this thread many times before that its not parents birth certificate, its childs which shows name of parents and their marriage certificates. Nothing else
than what u done? u also send parents birth certificate or just for childrens?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
eric leon said:
The document list DOES NOT ask for parents birth certificate. It only mentions birth certificate under point 7 and no where else. Even then if you read carefully it is really your birth certificate (the sponsor's) that they want.

Point 7 says:
Proof of Relationship to Sponsor in Canada

Submit proof of relationship showing you are the parent or grandparent of your sponsor in Canada. The document you submit must prove the relationship between the principal applicant and the sponsor.

You must provide the following documents:

Birth certificates;

• Legal documents showing name or date of birth changes (if applicable);

• National IDs, family/household registry/book (if applicable).

Therefore I see no need for anyone to send and get their parent's birth certificate as it in no way will provide the relationship of you their child with them. The sponsor's birth certificate on the other hand should satisfy your relationship with your parents if the parent names are mentioned on the certificate.

The next section 8 asks for Identity and Civil Status Documents and no where is the birth certificate requested in this section 8.

I hope this clarifies the situation and if my understanding is incorrect I would welcome input from any other poster who may have a different understanding of this question.

However I think you are completely safe to not send any parent birth certificate as it is not requested.
Just send the sponsor's birth certificate i.e your certificate.

Hope this helps