+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Tina Gill

Jan 6, 2013
For sure you can make the affidavit here too. The best part is that these agencies are working for people to help with these matters for free. I don't know where you live but there is one in Mississauga. Name is Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre and is located at Dixie and Burnhamthorpe. They have settlement counsellors who can speak our language too. They can make those affidavits and get them testified too. Number to call to make an appointment is 905-629-1873 and press 0 to speak to the reception.

Make separate affidavits though. One from you and one from your parents. Those counsellors can give you more information because they are the professionals and deal with these type of cases all the time. The best part is that it won't cost you anything without your time for appointment. Give it a try and see what is possible. Good luck!

mark88

Jan 1, 2014
inder76 said:
are you going to write the number for year 1 only or total for all 3 years?
I think they want the sum of all 3 years. Similarly in #8 of that doc, I think they want the sum of the 3 years for min. necessary income. Then compare the 2 sums.

If someone thinks/knows differently, please let us know!

mark88

Jan 1, 2014
Tina Gill said:
You and your parents will have to make sworn affidavits notarised separately to make a sworn declaration that you are their child and they are your biological parents. Some of my friends attached their Indian passport photocopy of the last page where it talks about their parent's names. You can give some sort of property papers if you have any where it shows that they are your parents. Some people attached OCI booklet copies too if they have it. There are lots of different ways to prove it but again it all depends on the office in charge. Good luck!

There are a lot of settlement agencies in Mississauga and Brampton area. You can see a Settlement counsellor for free depending upon your status in the country if you are a citizen or an immigrant. They can guide you free of cost for the process.
Thanks Tina. My parents-in-law are Chinese and are not presently in Canada. There is a family registry booklet called a 'hukou' which we are going to have translated by a certified translator. It contains my wife's information and her parents (as well as other family members). I'm hoping that will be sufficient.

I'm afraid there's no time to attempt coordinating sworn statements at this point.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
mark88 said:
Thanks Tina. My parents-in-law are Chinese and are not presently in Canada. There is a family registry booklet called a 'hukou' which we are going to have translated by a certified translator. It contains my wife's information and her parents (as well as other family members). I'm hoping that will be sufficient.

I'm afraid there's no time to attempt coordinating sworn statements at this point.
The race for 5K will be won by whoever has docs ready in hand - 1st advantage goes to folks already in canada + toronto + docs handy

mark88

Jan 1, 2014
petersiddle28 said:
The race for 5K will be won by whoever has docs ready in hand - 1st advantage goes to folks already in canada + toronto + docs handy
Anyone think the quote will be gone in the first day? :) Or is that already generally assumed?

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
mark88 said:
Anyone think the quote will be gone in the first day? :) Or is that already generally assumed?
Figure it out, there is a 2 year ban on sponsorship so imagine the amount of people waiting to sposor but then again, the new rules would have pegged lot of people back. Lot of parents here on supervisa too
Now these are 5000 people so even if people sponsor just 2 parents, that breaks it to 2500 applications only+those who are dependent so lets say for calculation sake, 1000 of them, that cuts it down to even less
Now, as they say - completed application, so even if a single mistake or paperwork they don't accept/like, application is sent back and by the time they send it back, 5K people will be over
In other words, the application has be to perfect to the tee

inder76

Aug 15, 2012
petersiddle28 said:
@ Peter - What do you suggest regarding step 8 and 9 for financial requirement on form 5768E? are they asking for sum of 3 years or just year 1?

Dec 30, 2013
sidhu10 said:
hi..i hav an issue here..
Atthe time of lock in(may 2009)..dependent was 19.6 yrs old..
but in the GCMS notes it says type B(i) dependent..
shoudn't it be Type a ?????
Hi
Does your GCMS notes has a UCI for the dependant?
My GCMS notes don't have a UCI for our TYPE C dependant.
Please advise.
Thanks

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I believe we discussed the processing priority of parent sponsorship applications on this forum before, and here is the answer:

"CIC will continue to process applications to sponsor parents and grandparents based on the first in first out principle. This means that new applications submitted in this category when the program reopens on January 2, 2014, will be placed in queue behind the applications in the existing inventory of sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob561.asp

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
scorpion_ca said:
I confirmed with CIC representative and he suggested to write one year that is 2012.
The way I read it, says boxes 16H and 19H ( ok so the boxes is plural to these 2 ) however, 16H has boxes for 3 years and doesnt belong to 2012 exclusively, but then are they looking for all 3 years or just last year? if CIC rep says 2012, then thats what it is but frankly I dont trust all their asnwers

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I need to submit original / notarized or photocopy of parent's marriage certificate? Is there anyone spoke with CIC rep regarding this matter? Thanks!

azeemguy

Jul 29, 2012
I have a question. I am a PR in canada, waiting to be a citizen. Married, but wife and step daughter are in the USA. I have not sponsored them yet and they are not financially dependent on me.

Now, I want to sponsor my parents but I am confused that whether or not to count my wife and daughter as family members or not. They are not living with me and not financially dependent on me. Also my wife cannot be a co-signer as the eligibility requirements are the same as sponsor. If I don't include my wife and step daughter then family members count is 3 for me and I meet the LICO but If I add them then it will make the total of 5 members and I don't meet the LICO then.

Can anybody assist ? I am thinking of writing a cover letter with my application and explaining the scenario. Any help will be appreciated.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
azeemguy said:
I have a question. I am a PR in canada, waiting to be a citizen. Married, but wife and step daughter are in the USA. I have not sponsored them yet and they are not financially dependent on me.

Now, I want to sponsor my parents but I am confused that whether or not to count my wife and daughter as family members or not. They are not living with me and not financially dependent on me. Also my wife cannot be a co-signer as the eligibility requirements are the same as sponsor. If I don't include my wife and step daughter then family members count is 3 for me and I meet the LICO but If I add them then it will make the total of 5 members and I don't meet the LICO then.

Can anybody assist ? I am thinking of writing a cover letter with my application and explaining the scenario. Any help will be appreciated.
Interesting, ask as a separate question in main thread and letter etc would be too late - app needs to go pronto