+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

irash

Aug 14, 2013
Thank you. Can somebody advise on Police certificate, please?

In the letter from CIC, we are asked to obtain an original police certificate from each country my mom lived since age 18. My mom left Ukraine 23 years ago, she is 81 years old and not a Ukrainian citizen.
At the same time, "Request for Police Certificates/Clearances and Authorization for Release of Information" mentions only last 10 years:

"To Police or Relevant Authorities:
Canada Immigration requires the person named below to obtain an original police certificate for any countries where he or she has lived for six months or longer in the past 10 years."

Do you think we still need Police Clearance from Ukraine?

Thank you.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Isnt it age 18 or only last 10 years?

Either way - this is how you get it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/ukraine.asp

Deekay09

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Suin said:
thank you for your reply. what is your timeline? have your parents received visas already?
Yes, we have received visas for both files. One set of parents already landed in March 2013. Another will land in Canada very shortly. Please refer timelines sheet for both files Deekay09-01 and Deekay09-02.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Deekay09 said:
Yes, we have received visas for both files. One set of parents already landed in March 2013. Another will land in Canada very shortly. Please refer timelines sheet for both files Deekay09-01 and Deekay09-02.
Thank you for your reply. So happy for your parents! :)

Toronto_pta

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Finally, I have some good news to share.

This is what happened in last 3 days.

- My parents' medicals expire on Aug 21 (Wednesday)
- They received a call on Friday afternoon that ur visa is ready, pick it up on Monday if you can make it to Canada by Wednesday or go through medical checks process again.
- Of course they decided to take the offer to pick up visa on Monday.
- Picked up the visa in-person from Delhi Consulate this morning.
- Booked the only available tickets for today, obviously very very expensive and they are on their way. Despite the expense,I guess the pain is over.

Wish good luck to all the people waiting. Just few details of my case again for your reference.

Applied: Oct 2007
Transferred to Ottawa pilot project Jan 2012
All documents asked for and submitted in March 2012
Medicals done Aug 21 2012
Passports submitted directly to ND consulate in Oct 2012
DECISION MADE status since Jan 2013. (yes that's right)
Received visa on Aug 19.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Thank you for the good news! We all definitely need it! Congratulations! Welcome to Canada for your parents!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Congratulations Toronto_pta. It is a shame, however, the way NDVO works. I hope your parents have a better experience in Canada than what they had to endure with NDVO.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Toronto_pta said:
Finally, I have some good news to share.

This is what happened in last 3 days.

- My parents' medicals expire on Aug 21 (Wednesday)
- They received a call on Friday afternoon that ur visa is ready, pick it up on Monday if you can make it to Canada by Wednesday or go through medical checks process again.
- Of course they decided to take the offer to pick up visa on Monday.
- Picked up the visa in-person from Delhi Consulate this morning.
- Booked the only available tickets for today, obviously very very expensive and they are on their way. Despite the expense,I guess the pain is over.

Wish good luck to all the people waiting. Just few details of my case again for your reference.

Applied: Oct 2007
Transferred to Ottawa pilot project Jan 2012
All documents asked for and submitted in March 2012
Medicals done Aug 21 2012
Passports submitted directly to ND consulate in Oct 2012
DECISION MADE status since Jan 2013. (yes that's right)
Received visa on Aug 19.
FINALLY

Wish you could give them a piece of your mind and ask the reason for this disgusting delay, are these guys that cheap that they want to let ppl in only when meds expire

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
irash said:
Thank you. Can somebody advise on Police certificate, please?

In the letter from CIC, we are asked to obtain an original police certificate from each country my mom lived since age 18. My mom left Ukraine 23 years ago, she is 81 years old and not a Ukrainian citizen.
At the same time, "Request for Police Certificates/Clearances and Authorization for Release of Information" mentions only last 10 years:

"To Police or Relevant Authorities:
Canada Immigration requires the person named below to obtain an original police certificate for any countries where he or she has lived for six months or longer in the past 10 years."

Do you think we still need Police Clearance from Ukraine?

Thank you.
If your mother lived in Ukraine for six months or more - then yes, a police certificate from Ukraine is required and mandatory for her to be approved.

dwynf

Aug 13, 2013
HI Everyone,

Under Travel documents and Passport, for permanent residence application. I have to submit a photocopy of my Passport, but my Passport will expire in 3 months.

Do I need to Renew my passport?

Please reply ASAP!

THANK YOU!

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stephen Harper to seek prorogation of Parliament

Conservative government plans to kick off fall session with October throne speechMonday, August 19, 2013

MenuHomeNewsTop StoriesStory

Stephen Harper to seek prorogation of Parliament

Conservative government plans to kick off fall session with October throne speech

CBC News

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 1:47 PM ET
Last Updated: Aug 19, 2013 6:53 PM ET

Video
RAW: Harper on proroguing Parliament
Prime minister says he will seek to delay return until October
Watch: 1:58
MPs on prorogation
What does it mean for Parliament?
Watch: 14:16
Mid-term prorogation not unusual
Every PM has prorogued partway through mandate since 1979
Watch: 3:39
Prime Minister Stephen Harper has confirmed he will ask the Governor General to prorogue Parliament until October, when his Conservative government will introduce the next speech from the throne.

"There will be a new throne speech in the fall, obviously the House will be prorogued in anticipation of that. We will come back — in October is our tentative timing," Harper told reporters in Whitehorse Monday. Harper is in the Yukon on the second day of his annual summer tour of the North.

The Prime Minister's Office later clarified that Harper will ask for Parliament to be prorogued before the scheduled return of the House on Sept. 16, meaning Parliament will not sit again until after the throne speech in October.

The prime minister did not give a date for the throne speech. His spokesman, Andrew MacDougall, said he wouldn't speculate but did note the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) summit is in the first week of October and is followed by Thanksgiving. That would suggest Parliament could return as early as Oct. 15. The Conservatives hold their postponed party convention in Calgary at the end of that month.

'I'm actually disappointed you feel the need to ask that question'—Prime Minister Stephen Harper, on whether he'll seek re-election in 2015
The move was not unexpected. The government managed to pass much of its outstanding legislation before rising for the summer break, and Harper undertook a major shuffle of his cabinet in July as he passed the halfway mark of his mandate.

It will be the third time since Harper took office in 2006 that he has sought prorogation. He first used the tactic in 2008 to successfully out-maneouvre the opposition's attempt to unseat him and form a coalition government. He prorogued again in 2010 in the midst of a controversy over Canada's treatment of prisoners in Afghanistan and ahead of Vancouver's hosting of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Before the summer break, Harper had been under fire daily in the House of Commons over the continuing scandal involving the expenses of senators, including three Conservatives he appointed.

Opposition Leader Tom Mulcair accused Harper of shutting down Parliament to evade accountability and avoid questions on the Senate.

"People aren't going to be fooled. This is clearly a desperate government worn out by ethical scandals and mismanagement. Stephen Harper refuses to answer legitimate questions from the public," the NDP leader said in a statement released Tuesday.

Liberals denounce move

The Liberals also accused Harper of delaying tactics.

"While starting a new session is an appropriate way to provide direction, Parliament has been on a summer recess since June and the prime minister has had plenty of time to write a throne speech," deputy Liberal leader Ralph Goodale said in a statement. "This delay clearly shows that Stephen Harper and his government are without a plan."

Harper gave few specifics about his agenda for the fall.

"We will obviously have still some things, still some unfulfilled commitments, that we will continue to work on. The number one priority for this government, I do not have to tell you, will continue to be jobs and the economy," Harper told reporters.

"While we are overall pleased with the progress the Canadian economy has made since the recession, we remain in a very difficult, fragile competitive world marketplace."

When asked about his own political future and whether he would lead his party into the next election, the prime minister said "yes," and quipped: "I'm actually disappointed you feel the need to ask that question."

Legislation affected

Senate reform legislation is just one of several bills that will die on the order paper with prorogation. The government is awaiting a Supreme Court opinion on Senate reform that could come as early as this fall.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his wife, Laureen, tour Miles Canyon near Whitehorse Monday, on the second day of Harper's annual tour of Northern Canada.Chris Wattie/Reuters
The Senate media relations office said prorogation would not affect the auditor general's review of Senate expenses, which was confirmed to be underway last week. However, the recommendations of a Senate report issued last week into Senator Pamela Wallin's expense claims would be on hold until they are adopted by the full Senate. That can't happen while Parliament is prorogued.

Other affected legislation includes changes to the Canada Elections Act to establish new rules for political loans, which has been stalled for some time at a Commons committee, and a bill to change parole rules for offenders found not criminally responsible for their actions.

However, these bills can be reintroduced at their most recent stage in the House of Commons.

A private member's bill that would require labour unions to publish detailed financial information, known as Bill C-377, would be restored to third reading, the last stage completed by the House of Commons.

The bill had been the subject of heated debate in the Senate, where it was amended and sent back to the House of Commons. But prorogation would wipe the slate clean as far as the Senate deliberations are concerned, according to the Library of Parliament.

"Thus, the bill would be sent back to the Senate in the same state it had been when it was passed at third reading by the House in December 2012, prior to the Senate amendment," the library said in an email to The Canadian Press.

"The Senate would then begin the process of considering the bill anew; the Senate may vote to pass the bill unamended, amend the bill in precisely the same way it had been amended before, or introduce entirely new amendments."

with files from The Canadian Press

HomeNewsTop StoriesStory

Privacy Terms of Use Contact Mobile Services
Copyright © CBC 2013

Thepas

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-March-2010
Doc's Request.
06-August-2013 Sent 19 Aug 13 Delivered 22Aug13
AOR Received.
30-March-2010
File Transfer...
23-oct-2013 to LVO
Med's Request
31-Dec-2013( Sent to different email address)
Med's Done....
05-March-2014 Recvd by CHCND 10-03-2014
New birth in our family in 2011.

Report change in family circumstances? or not? Along with requested docs.....

navdeep mmu

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012