App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
has anyone mailed the requested docs yet?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
On the CIC site they say: Step 1 - Assessment of Sponsor - 45 months

Does it really take so long to make a decision on the sponsor's eligibility?

It's really hard to believe in this.

hunny007

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 2007
Doc's Request.
NOV 2011
AOR Received.
JAN 2013
File Transfer...
OCT 2012
Med's Request
APR 2013 AND ADDITION TEST JULY 2013
Med's Done....
22 APR 2013 AND ADDITIONAL TEST JULY 2013 Re med,s aug 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
oct 3 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 17 2014 and send passport back nov25 2014
Suin said:
On the CIC site they say: Step 1 - Assessment of Sponsor - 45 months

Does it really take so long to make a decision on the sponsor's eligibility?

It's really hard to believe in this.

Hi Suin i have question about sponsership fee.how much did you pay Principal applicant 550$ or 475$? and dependent is 150$ or 75$?

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
Hi user, I ordered my gcms notes on July,7 but haven't got it. Do u have any suggestion what should I do? I got the confirmation same day that request was processed.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
hunny007 said:
Hi Suin i have question about sponsership fee.how much did you pay Principal applicant 550$ or 475$? and dependent is 150$ or 75$?
We don't have dependents in our case. Yes, we paid $475 for the principal applicant + $75.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sonu86 said:
Hi user, I ordered my gcms notes on July,7 but haven't got it. Do u have any suggestion what should I do? I got the confirmation same day that request was processed.
..got mine today, exactly 30 days - email them and see but I am told they are delayed due to strike too

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
is this correct timeline?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp

they say that even Ottawa (Case Processing Pilot) takes 57 months to process parents application let alone the local visa office!

username1

Aug 17, 2013
This will be an easy question to answer.

In regards to Permanent Residence- Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents.

We've already received notification that the Sponsorship application is approved (eligible to sponsor a family member- parent). Now, Immigration is ready to begin processing the application and requires additional information.

The letter states to send all completed application to CPC-Mississauga. However I remember that there are 2 steps to take: one is to send the Application to Sponsor to CPC-M (which we've already done and was approved), then for the Principal Applicant to apply in the VISA OFFICE in the home country. My question is- why does the letter ask us to send the complete application to CPC-M and not in the Visa Office overseas?

Has the process changed in the Parent/Grandparent Immigration steps?

Thanks a lot!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
username1 said:
This will be an easy question to answer.

In regards to Permanent Residence- Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents.

We've already received notification that the Sponsorship application is approved (eligible to sponsor a family member- parent). Now, Immigration is ready to begin processing the application and requires additional information.

The letter states to send all completed application to CPC-Mississauga. However I remember that there are 2 steps to take: one is to send the Application to Sponsor to CPC-M (which we've already done and was approved), then for the Principal Applicant to apply in the VISA OFFICE in the home country. My question is- why does the letter ask us to send the complete application to CPC-M and not in the Visa Office overseas?

Has the process changed in the Parent/Grandparent Immigration steps?

Thanks a lot!
Yes it has changed a bit, CPC-M sends a checklist, which you must follow and send everything together to CPC-M, so then they will make sure it is complete and you will receive an acknowledgement letter saying they received your application and it is in queue for assessment.

That's what happened for us, then when they make decision they send it to visa office and visa office begins processing.

Make sure you check very carefully the forms, signatures, dates, etc because even if you miss a signature somewhere they will send the entire package of documents back to you......and you will have to send and wait again....so be carefull the first time and double check everything to make sure everything is included as per the checklist.....only thing you can submit later are the police clearances.......everything else should be as per the checklist as much as possible. If something is not available or is waited upon, indicate such in a short note separately.

Provide all personal histories and activites since age of 18 yrs.....don't rely on the "last 10 yrs" part...they want everything since age 18...for the parents specially. Do not leave any gaps.

Provide email address to CPC-M, now everything comes by email which is faster and convenient.

username1

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for the response and advise, Canvis.

We were a bit confused because yes, there is a different checklist that outlines all the forms and it also advises us NOT to follow the Visa-Office specific instructions. I guess process with CIC always changes.

So, to reiterate: Send all to CPC-M as indicated. Go back from age 18 specially for Parent Sponsorship.

Any idea how long this will take to complete- the application- before a "decision made" is attained?

kona

Aug 17, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I applied to sponsor my parents in January 2011. I knew it would take long to process the application so I didn't really bother to check it. I had my son in November 2012. Life was busy with a newborn. And I just thought about that I probably should inform cic. But how? And I also read about some 2010 applicants are getting their doc requests. So my question is what do you suggest me to do? Wait for the doc requests or inform cic now? Thanks for any advice.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Suin said:
is this correct timeline?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp

they say that even Ottawa (Case Processing Pilot) takes 57 months to process parents application let alone the local visa office!
They took over lotta stuff, so yes its possible but I dont think it should take that long - but this country's IMM system has become worse to disgusting

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
canvis2006 said:
Yes it has changed a bit, CPC-M sends a checklist, which you must follow and send everything together to CPC-M, so then they will make sure it is complete and you will receive an acknowledgement letter saying they received your application and it is in queue for assessment.

That's what happened for us, then when they make decision they send it to visa office and visa office begins processing.

Make sure you check very carefully the forms, signatures, dates, etc because even if you miss a signature somewhere they will send the entire package of documents back to you......and you will have to send and wait again....so be carefull the first time and double check everything to make sure everything is included as per the checklist.....only thing you can submit later are the police clearances.......everything else should be as per the checklist as much as possible. If something is not available or is waited upon, indicate such in a short note separately.

Provide all personal histories and activites since age of 18 yrs.....don't rely on the "last 10 yrs" part...they want everything since age 18...for the parents specially. Do not leave any gaps.

Provide email address to CPC-M, now everything comes by email which is faster and convenient.
Good Question

At this time, follow CPC-M, now the irony is that if the file is sent to CPP-O they won't ask any more docs which you already sent ( unless they need something extra ) but if it's sent to New Delhi, they will ignore what was sent to CPC-M to begin with and ask visa specific forms
Now the difference is, that CPC-M has last 10 years or age 18 so for folks its obvious it will be last 10 years BUT New Delhi visa specific has since age 18
Me, and another applicant here were asked to explain back since age 18, for rest they accepted whatever was given
So its luck of the draw so if you want my advice and be on the safe side, include since age 18

Sponsor approval should take 1.5-2 months

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
kona said:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I applied to sponsor my parents in January 2011. I knew it would take long to process the application so I didn't really bother to check it. I had my son in November 2012. Life was busy with a newborn. And I just thought about that I probably should inform cic. But how? And I also read about some 2010 applicants are getting their doc requests. So my question is what do you suggest me to do? Wait for the doc requests or inform cic now? Thanks for any advice.
Do it when they ask for additional forms, not now

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
user828 said:
Do it when they ask for additional forms, not now
Almost positive the CIC will ask for the updated Financial Evaluation form and the Option C for all the years including the latest.