+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

rmj133

Dec 10, 2012
Hi Everybody,

Since a while I am following this forum and found it really helpful for immigration purpose! I have a question about my parents’ immigration and saving their Permanent Residency: In Feb 2009 my parents received their PR approval and since then they have lived in Canada for 6 months.

Recently, we calculated their immigration scenario and got an overview that they can tentatively complete 16 months of the required 24 months to complete their PR stay requirements.

Moreover, last year my father had severe medical condition and had to go through a triple by-pass surgery in India, due to this, he wasn’t able to come and stay with us. However, he has recovered and planning to fly to Canada and live with us.

Now my question is- are there any chances to file for his PR extension or is there anything we could do to save their PR before it expires in Feb 2014?

Any update or information will be helpful!

Thank you,

cival

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys and Gals,
My Parents recently got their PR visa's :)

If I can get some advice would be great:
- Can they transfer money from India to Canada before they come to Canada?
- As far as I understand there is no limit to how much they can bring into Canada, apart from declaring if its over $10,000. Is there anything that they should be aware when bringing in higher amounts of money?
- Can they bring money into Canada, 3 years after landing?
- Any other helpful hints would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

vik_indian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2008
Doc's Request.
25-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2012
Med's Request
26-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
12-Apr-2012
Passport Req..
11-Dec-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
soon
Hello Guys,
Finally Good News to share. My parents picked up the passport from vfs office with immigration visa stamped in it. It's been a long wait and all of have been a great support.

Wish all the people still waiting get the good news soon.

Thanks
Vik

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
rmj133 said:
Now my question is- are there any chances to file for his PR extension or is there anything we could do to save their PR before it expires in Feb 2014?
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp

Read the Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds section. Your parents may be able to use that.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rmj133 said:
Hi Everybody,

Since a while I am following this forum and found it really helpful for immigration purpose! I have a question about my parents' immigration and saving their Permanent Residency: In Feb 2009 my parents received their PR approval and since then they have lived in Canada for 6 months.

Recently, we calculated their immigration scenario and got an overview that they can tentatively complete 16 months of the required 24 months to complete their PR stay requirements.

Moreover, last year my father had severe medical condition and had to go through a triple by-pass surgery in India, due to this, he wasn't able to come and stay with us. However, he has recovered and planning to fly to Canada and live with us.

Thank you,
Please post your question on "Permanent Residency Obligations" topic under Settlement Topics of Canadavisa.com. You will get better advise there, because people are dealing with issue like Residency Obligation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/permanent-residency-obligations-b11.0/

My 2 cents - Under H&C grounds - Due to your father's medical condition, they can get some relief.

If your parents can come to Canada ASAP and continue to live in Canada until they meet 730 days requirement. They will then be able to renew their PR after meeting 730 days in the past 5 years. They'll need to live in Canada until they get their renewed PR card. There are people who continue to live in Canada even after PR card is expired and when they complete 730 days, they apply for renewal. Once they get renewed PR card, they leave Canada for some short trip etc.. With PR card Renewal application, your parents can choose to provide evidence of medical conditions. CIC is allowed to check back 5 years from the date of PR card renewal application.

Verify my written stuff by posting on the "Permanent Residency Obligations" topic.

vik_indian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2008
Doc's Request.
25-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2012
Med's Request
26-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
12-Apr-2012
Passport Req..
11-Dec-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
soon

LATTIM

Jul 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2008
File Transfer...
02-05-2012
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
15-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
LANDED..........
25-01-2013
rmj133 said:
Hi Everybody,

Since a while I am following this forum and found it really helpful for immigration purpose! I have a question about my parents' immigration and saving their Permanent Residency: In Feb 2009 my parents received their PR approval and since then they have lived in Canada for 6 months.

Moreover, last year my father had severe medical condition and had to go through a triple by-pass surgery in India, due to this, he wasn't able to come and stay with us. However, he has recovered and planning to fly to Canada and live with us.

Thank you,
no need to worry, based on my understanding they have PR Card expiring on February 2014. if it is true they can come to canada before that.when ever they come before Feb.2014 only thing you have to make sure that they will have to stay in Canada for continously for at least 2 years to save their PR.
Actually one is required to be in Canada for 2 years in last 5 years . not 2 years in every 5 years by saying that for example they reach canada in January 2014 and stay here. in January 2016 they will complete 2 years in Canada from last 5 years(from January 2011-January 2016) so you can renew their PR Card

LATTIM

Jul 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2008
File Transfer...
02-05-2012
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
15-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
LANDED..........
25-01-2013
rajmalhotra7 said:
Please post your question on "Permanent Residency Obligations" topic under Settlement Topics of Canadavisa.com. You will get better advise there, because people are dealing with issue like Residency Obligation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/permanent-residency-obligations-b11.0/

My 2 cents - Under H&C grounds - Due to your father's medical condition, they can get some relief.

If your parents can come to Canada ASAP and continue to live in Canada until they meet 730 days requirement. They will then be able to renew their PR after meeting 730 days in the past 5 years. They'll need to live in Canada until they get their renewed PR card. There are people who continue to live in Canada even after PR card is expired and when they complete 730 days, they apply for renewal. Once they get renewed PR card, they leave Canada for some short trip etc.. With PR card Renewal application, your parents can choose to provide evidence of medical conditions. CIC is allowed to check back 5 years from the date of PR card renewal application.

Verify my written stuff by posting on the "Permanent Residency Obligations" topic.
very true, it is normal no need to worry

LATTIM

Jul 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2008
File Transfer...
02-05-2012
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
15-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
LANDED..........
25-01-2013
cival said:
Hi Guys and Gals,
My Parents recently got their PR visa's :)

If I can get some advice would be great:
- Can they transfer money from India to Canada before they come to Canada?
- As far as I understand there is no limit to how much they can bring into Canada, apart from declaring if its over $10,000. Is there anything that they should be aware when bringing in higher amounts of money?
- Can they bring money into Canada, 3 years after landing?
- Any other helpful hints would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
ask ICICI Bank in India, I openend an Account in ICICI Canada and transferred Money before I Landed in 2005 , it was through ICICI Bank in India.ICICI Canada has even provided me Balance certificate to show as a proof for funds.

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
rmj133 said:
Hi Everybody,

Thank you,
Do not worry. As long as your father comes back to Canada before PR expires, their is no problem. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RENEW PR TO STAY IN CANADA.
You renew PR so you can travel outside Canada, you can live in Canada for 20 years & never renew PR, it is still valid.

Once he is back, start calculating how many days he has been in Canada, once he reaches well above 2 years, then apply. If I was you, I would not apply for renew until it reaches 2 years.

I hope this helps.

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
gaggidhillon said:
Hello to all, we sen passport,medical on 8 dec 2012 . E-cas acknowledge medical result received on 30 dec 2012 after that no news waiting game again start. Hoping for some news soon
Hi Gaggi how r you? you will get visa soon...and great quote in ur signature =)

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just checked e-cas for my parents application.

My parents home address has been changed to "Toronto, Ontario Canada"

Earlier it was my complete canadian address with postal code. I am awaiting passport back from Seattle.

Did anyone encounter such a thing before visa got stamped from Seattle.

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
vik_indian said:
Hello Guys,
Finally Good News to share. My parents picked up the passport from vfs office with immigration visa stamped in it. It's been a long wait and all of have been a great support.

Wish all the people still waiting get the good news soon.

Thanks
Vik
Congratulations Vikindian :)

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
apple_talk said:
Do not worry. As long as your father comes back to Canada before PR expires, their is no problem...
Even though this is off-topic, I thought it better to clear the misconception. A valid PR card does not mean a person has maintained his/her PR status. At the point of entry, the person has to prove that they can complete the mandatory 2 year in-Canada stay in the balance time left on the PR card. For example, if a person became PR on Jan 1st and left the country on March (say 3 months), the PR card will be valid for 5 years. But if that person stays out for 4 years, then that person simply would not be able to complete the mandatory 2 year requirement. It is at this point the person can be refused entry into Canada as (s)he would have deemed to have lost PR status.