+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

tkurdieh

Nov 5, 2012
Hi Guys

I applied in September 2009

My file got transferred to Ottawa Pilot in October 4th 2012

I am sponsoring parents and 2 dependent

Do you know why I have not received a request for medical exams and when should I expect to hear an update

Thanks

Roozirooti

Star Member
Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012 - PCC requested by LVO and submitted in Sep.
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
June-July 2013
Interview........
waived-Status change to In process on July 8, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on Feb 05 2016
It depends on your LVO..... In my case is ISD and I haven't heard any news for medical

tkurdieh

Nov 5, 2012
Well I am a bit in a complex Situation

My parents are Refugees in Lebanon.The file was suppose to go to Damascus Syria but the LVO is closed there so I was thinking it will be transferred to Beirut Lebanon. The letter I received from Immigration says my application is transferred to Ottawa CPP

Based on the spreadsheet attached to this forum, parents get request to do Medical within a month.

Any advise when can I expect medical and Police certificate?

Roozirooti

Star Member
Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012 - PCC requested by LVO and submitted in Sep.
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
June-July 2013
Interview........
waived-Status change to In process on July 8, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on Feb 05 2016
@habibmanzoor75- Yes I received AOR from ISD and they asked us to submit documents if not submitted earlier. I submitted PCC, Supllementary information form and provided copies of all other documents submitted earlier. Some members on this forum are submitting once again the same forms. Have you received AOR yet?

Kerria

Sep 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sush17 said:
Hello everyone,

I want to know, if status changes to DM and it says "office will contact you regarding this". Do everytime officer calls or you get your passports directly without any talk with office? What if we miss their call(s)?
In my case, there was no phone call at all: only an email asking the PP to be sent at LVO (given that the PP hadn't been requested at an earlier stage)

Kerria

Sep 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GAME, SEt and MATCH!!!!

We got yesterday evening my mom's passport (at a FedEx sorting facility) and all of a sudden, we decided to go south, to US border, in order to proceed to flagpoling.
We arrived around 8:00 p.m., a unique lane to US was open.... but the line was counting 1 (one) car...

The whole procedure :
- STEP1: getting refusal entry in US
- STEP2: being returned to Canada
- STEP3: do the landing in CA
- STEP4: do the Customs too: as we said there are gonna be personal items to come from origin country

... took exactly 1 hour.

Short and smooth. We were the sole car in the parking and the sole clients in both buildings.
So I would suggest to someone interested into doing it, to go late evening (main crossborders are open 24/7 and even smaller ones are open till midnight)

I still cannot believe: after exacty 5 years and 3 months.

I would like someone to update (.. and to put it in green ;D) my timeline: Status in now COMPLETE, and the visa was issued on 08 November.

Thank you all for your support and the valuable informations you provided. Good luck & Fingers cross for your parents too.

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Congratulations Kerria and welcome to your mom!

We are in a similar situation ... (i.e., got the passport yesterday, and need to do landing …. we’ve been waiting since July 2008).
I am pleased to hear that you did landing without any issues. However, I have a question with respect to this flagpoling procedure. If someone is refused to go to the States (as you described in step 1), will that person encounter problems in the future if/when (s)he is applies for a visa for the States? I am just afraid that if mom is refused to go to the States, during this flagpoling procedure, she might be denied a visitor visa in the future.

Do you know? Does anyone know?
Congratulations and thank you!

Kerria

Sep 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Peter rabbit: we were expressely told by the US Immigration clerk that an entry refusal in these conditions (on flagpoling basis) will not count in the future, for any visitor visa requests.
P.S. Don't forget to take with you ALL papers in the envelope you received from embassy, not only the PP (I mean, the COPR)

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
OK, thank you for the information!
We might have to do the same thing, then. Another option is to go south, as we always do in December, and do landing upon entry.
Once again, all the best!

cesca

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
November 25, 2011
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
April 4th, 2012
Med's Done....
May 1st, 2012, e-cas "med received" July 2nd
Kerria said:
GAME, SEt and MATCH!!!!

We got yesterday evening my mom's passport (at a FedEx sorting facility) and all of a sudden, we decided to go south, to US border, in order to proceed to flagpoling.
We arrived around 8:00 p.m., a unique lane to US was open.... but the line was counting 1 (one) car...

The whole procedure :
- STEP1: getting refusal entry in US
- STEP2: being returned to Canada
- STEP3: do the landing in CA
- STEP4: do the Customs too: as we said there are gonna be personal items to come from origin country

... took exactly 1 hour.

Short and smooth. We were the sole car in the parking and the sole clients in both buildings.
So I would suggest to someone interested into doing it, to go late evening (main crossborders are open 24/7 and even smaller ones are open till midnight)

I still cannot believe: after exacty 5 years and 3 months.

I would like someone to update (.. and to put it in green ;D) my timeline: Status in now COMPLETE, and the visa was issued on 08 November.

Thank you all for your support and the valuable informations you provided. Good luck & Fingers cross for your parents too.
Congratulations and welcome to your mom.

Still waiting for my father......

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kerria said:
Hi Peter rabbit: we were expressely told by the US Immigration clerk that an entry refusal in these conditions (on flagpoling basis) will not count in the future, for any visitor visa requests.
P.S. Don't forget to take with you ALL papers in the envelope you received from embassy, not only the PP (I mean, the COPR)
True. However, you may want to declare the entry refusal in future visitor visa application and explain that entry refusal was administrative i.e. it was for flagpoling or becomimg a landed immigrant in Canada.

Failure to declare about entry refusal may become a cause of visitor visa rejection. You would not want a visitor visa to be rejected just because in the application you did not declare previous entry refusal.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
rajmalhotra7 said:
True. However, you may want to declare the entry refusal in future visitor visa application and explain that entry refusal was administrative i.e. it was for flagpoling or becomimg a landed immigrant in Canada.

Failure to declare about entry refusal may become a cause of visitor visa rejection. You would not want a visitor visa to be rejected just because in the application you did not declare previous entry refusal.
As far as I remember, at Vancouver border (e.g. Peace arch crossing), one does not need to go to the US officials. There is a road where you can turn (from the line to the US border contol) before actually reaching US posts and you would end up in the line towards canadian border control. So no talking to US officials was part of the process at all (no refusal or anything).
At least that is how it was about 6 years ago when we landed (while in canada already) and many of our friends landed (who were like us, on work visa here while waiting for PR). We do not have anyone who did it recently so I do not know if it is still there (but I hope it is).

vik_indian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2008
Doc's Request.
25-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2012
Med's Request
26-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
12-Apr-2012
Passport Req..
11-Dec-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
soon
rajmalhotra7 said:

Hi Raj,
I think this is not considered as refusal. I live in a border town and have forgot my passport several times and have been turned back. I have verified it with border guards and it's not counted as a refusal. But as you said it won't hurt to mention it on the papers.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kerria said:
GAME, SEt and MATCH!!!!

Congrats!! you couldn't wait Eh!!!

You can get tax break for this year as well (for the remaining portion of the year since your parents landing)

If your parents are living with you then you get tax breaks (caregiver amount) - I hope you know that.

For federal form - http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/td1/td1-12e.pdf

For provincial - check for your province form - http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/formspubs/frms/td1-eng.html