+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
alba1 said:
I got this letter last Friday and haven't received anything else, and not changes in the online status too, just Application Received in both lines. so who knows, maybe each case is different. And my letter was sent at my old address, but my sister lives there, so it didn't get lost, even though I changed my address online and it's shown in the online status.
Did you get a mailed letter or email?
Did you get any emails from them recently? Me and mohalite also got an email last week that referred to the date when the original application was received and provided the file number...

What about the November 25 letter (requesting additonal documents)? Did they mail it to the correct address or also to the old one?

(they clearly have a bit of a mess with regards to addresses and whether to mail or email people)

cslave

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2012 from LVO
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
2k4accord said:
My wife applied for her parents, sisters and brother in March of 2007.
It finally went to the Visa Office in Singapore around Fall of 2011.

How long till now when we will have a decision from Singapore?
Anyone has experience with timeline when the application is forwarded to Singapore?

This process is so long and very stressful.
Usually how many years before there is a decision? I don't know how the federal government can get away with such long waiting period and lack of communication with the visa office.
Have you got medical request from Singapore ? Please share your time line.
http://sponsorourparents.org/

mohalite

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 June, 2008
Doc's Request.
25 Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
29 March, 2012
File Transfer...
10 April, 2012 to Ottawa
Med's Request
11 June, 2012
Med's Done....
21 June, 2012
Passport Req..
07 Nov, 2012
Anik said:
Did you get a mailed letter or email?
Did you get any emails from them recently? Me and mohalite also got an email last week that referred to the date when the original application was received and provided the file number...

What about the November 25 letter (requesting additonal documents)? Did they mail it to the correct address or also to the old one?

(they clearly have a bit of a mess with regards to addresses and whether to mail or email people)
Hi Anik
I am not allowed to reply to personal messages(may be because I am new to forum) so I am replying here. I got this letter in mail (not email). Nothing has changed on ecas, still shows 2 lines and application received on both lines. If I use the Application Number (F0000*****), it shows one line(Application Received) with no further information. I was hoping that the status would change with next update, but alba1 got the same letter last week and status has not changed yet.
Regards

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
can someone tell me where to get mailing labels from????? i went to staples they had in bundles for $32.00 which is too much...canada post doesnt have any mailing labels what to do ???? plzzzz help :(

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
mohalite said:
Hi Anik
I am not allowed to reply to personal messages(may be because I am new to forum) so I am replying here. I got this letter in mail (not email). Nothing has changed on ecas, still shows 2 lines and application received on both lines. If I use the Application Number (F0000*****), it shows one line(Application Received) with no further information. I was hoping that the status would change with next update, but alba1 got the same letter last week and status has not changed yet.
Regards
Thanks! We will all continue to wait I guess...I have not received any letters yet (your email last week came on the 29th and my email came on 30th - so I am one day behind based on that)

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
mash_afg said:
hello mahbubeh

hello dear as your parents also dont live in country of origin so when ur parents translated their documents such marriage certificate and national ids where they did ? as u mentioned it has to be official translation did they go to any official translator or can they go to embassy or consulate of nationality in that country to translate documents and they certify ? and also did u send police certificate too
thanks
Well, my sisters took care of preparing documents so I am not sure of details but here is what I remember :

1- Birth certificate and national ID: Iranian embassy translated these documents and then Kuwaiti foreign affairs stamped them (to verify Iranian embassy stamp)

2- my parents did not have their marriage certificate with them so: they asked Iranian embassy to issue a certificate indicating that these two individuals are married. Then they took this to a translation office for translation (the embassy did not translate this one). the translation was then stamped by Iranian embassy, Kuwait ministry of justice and Kuwaiti foreign affairs ( don't know the order).

3- all translations are accompanied with copy of untraslated document in original language.

Please note that this procedure may vary between countries. You should colnsult your embassy and ask their help to guide you.

I hope this is helpful :)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
kandel said:
can someone tell me where to get mailing labels from????? i went to staples they had in bundles for $32.00 which is too much...canada post doesnt have any mailing labels what to do ???? plzzzz help :(
May be check a dollar store? I recall seeing different sized labels there which were cheap

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
ohhhh ok gud idea thanks i'll check there :)

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
ATTENTION SECOND BATCH APPLICANTS:please tell me if on your white color letter if your second paragraph is like this one or its just only for me...
This letter has been system generated and has been sent to the moist recent address availavble for your file. This means that if you have authorized a representative to act on your behalf or if you have changed your last known mailing address without notifying Citizenship and Immigration Canada, it is possible that this letter was not sent to the correct mailing address ..........please answer YES or NO thanks

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Hi All!

I'm glad to have found so many folks waiting to be reunited with their parents as I am. I applied on Sept. 2009 and have recently received a letter requesting to complete the process. Obtaining the police certificates is the challenging part for me. Has anyone obtained the police certificates successfully from Hong Kong while their parents was with them in Canada? I need to request the certificate but don't know if I can submit the fingerprints right away or would I need to hear back from the HK office... I don't want to waste so much time.

Also, do we have to submit all the police certificates at the same time when we submit the additional documents requested by CIC or should we wait till after they request it? Anyone has done either?

What about the medical exam requirement? When do we have to complete this? And will my parent be able to get that taken cared of in Canada or do I have to send them back home to get this done?

Thanks in advance!

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
orchids8 said:
Hi All!

I'm glad to have found so many folks waiting to be reunited with their parents as I am. I applied on Sept. 2009 and have recently received a letter requesting to complete the process. Obtaining the police certificates is the challenging part for me. Has anyone obtained the police certificates successfully from Hong Kong while their parents was with them in Canada? I need to request the certificate but don't know if I can submit the fingerprints right away or would I need to hear back from the HK office... I don't want to waste so much time.

Also, do we have to submit all the police certificates at the same time when we submit the additional documents requested by CIC or should we wait till after they request it? Anyone has done either?

What about the medical exam requirement? When do we have to complete this? And will my parent be able to get that taken cared of in Canada or do I have to send them back home to get this done?

Thanks in advance!
Hii as far as police clearence certificate you dont have to send it now....i m not sending soo many other people did not send just wait untill they ask for it

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
kandel said:
Hii as far as police clearence certificate you dont have to send it now....i m not sending soo many other people did not send just wait untill they ask for it
Thank you! Is there a requirement for the length of time that the police certificates are good til? I thought I read somewhere that CIC will only take the certificates if it's within a certain time.

To weary-damsil31 <-- thanks for providing additional information! I can't reply to you directly since I'm new to the forum :( I got the link you sent, but I don't know where to find the appendix A and B that you mentioned about to bring with me to get the fingerprints. :(

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
orchids8 said:
Hi All!

Thanks in advance!
Call Chinese Consulate

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
orchids8 said:
Thank you! Is there a requirement for the length of time that the police certificates are good til?
Each PCC has expiary date and it depends on the issuing country. I know my parents PCC is valid for 3 months. So when you are applying for it, you can ask how long is it valid for.