+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

h-india

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Granma Nessie said:
Hi everyone, I must share my excitement with you all..... I received my COPR yesterday :) It only took 2 weeks after sending my passport photocopy and photos to London LVO for this to come.. Yipee I can now start planning my life in Canada with my family as my life has been on hold now for almost 5 years. It will take a lot of hard work for me as I am doing everything by myself at this end in Scotland. I plan to land in March and have my flight booked. I will stay a month and then come back and try and sell my house and that could take a while, I know, but I will keep faith that everything will work out ok.

Kandel, you are only 1 day later than me in application time so I am sure you will hear about your medical request soon. It took me 6 months after my file was transferred to London for me to get the medical request.

I wish all the other forum members the very best for the future and I will still look in to see how things are going with you all.
God bless

Granma Nessie
congratultions grandma Nessie.i missed your post.yesterday I also receive email from London cic that document(copr) issued yesterday.hope to receive sooner.so you receive copr 18 jan.what day copr is issued.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
After more than 5 years, we finally received passport request email earlier this week! Such a great news near the full moon :)

We do have one complication (hope it is not going to be an issue): my parents are in Canada currently and flying back home at the end of February. Our LVO said to submit passport within 30 days of letter date, but their flight back is actually about 30 days since the letter date (+ time difference). So, if they submit the next day after they arrive, it will be 30 or 31 day (hope there are no delays or any complications during the flight).
Unfortunately, our country is not allowing to mail passports across the border so mailing from Canada to home country amd back is not an option. As far as I understand, asking to submit passports to seattle is not an option eitehr because our file is at LVO (and I have not heard any precedents of success with this request - seems to only work for Ottawa cases)

Has anyone been in this situation? I did email the LVO already asking whether it is ok if we submit as soon as my parents are back in their home country.
On one hand, I hate delaying anything in this process (would have felt better to submit passports as soon as possible and get that coveted visa counterfoil). But on the other hand, there are considerable expences and other complications in rescheduling the flight so we are trying to avoid rescheduling if possible (as much as I hate delaying passport submission, there are some circumstances)

I googled and found some old posts from different forums where people were allowed to submit a bit later if travelling or somethign (but those posts are not very recent and not necessarily parent's immigration, plus could be differences between LVO).

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
By the way, my ecas is still showing 'in process' (not sure if I should worry about that, maybe they only update once a week or so - will check again on the weekend as my previous status changes were all on the weekends)

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
Anik said:
After more than 5 years, we finally received passport request email earlier this week! Such a great news near the full moon :)

We do have one complication (hope it is not going to be an issue): my parents are in Canada currently and flying back home at the end of February. Our LVO said to submit passport within 30 days of letter date, but their flight back is actually about 30 days since the letter date (+ time difference). So, if they submit the next day after they arrive, it will be 30 or 31 day (hope there are no delays or any complications during the flight).
Unfortunately, our country is not allowing to mail passports across the border so mailing from Canada to home country amd back is not an option. As far as I understand, asking to submit passports to seattle is not an option eitehr because our file is at LVO (and I have not heard any precedents of success with this request - seems to only work for Ottawa cases)

Has anyone been in this situation? I did email the LVO already asking whether it is ok if we submit as soon as my parents are back in their home country.
On one hand, I hate delaying anything in this process (would have felt better to submit passports as soon as possible and get that coveted visa counterfoil). But on the other hand, there are considerable expences and other complications in rescheduling the flight so we are trying to avoid rescheduling if possible (as much as I hate delaying passport submission, there are some circumstances)

I googled and found some old posts from different forums where people were allowed to submit a bit later if travelling or somethign (but those posts are not very recent and not necessarily parent's immigration, plus could be differences between LVO).
just submit the passports after they arrive there with a cover letter explaining what happened. would not affect the process.

pp11

Jan 7, 2013
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-04-2012
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
08-feb-2013
Passport Req..
30-12-2013
Anik said:
By the way, my ecas is still showing 'in process' (not sure if I should worry about that, maybe they only update once a week or so - will check again on the weekend as my previous status changes were all on the weekends)
They change Ecas status on tuesday/wednesday.....

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
pp11 said:
They change Ecas status on tuesday/wednesday.....
That is what they say but interestingly the status never changed on those dates for me (I checked daily or every other day around the times when I hoped to see something and all my status changes actually were on weekend, e.g. Friday no change but see a change on Saturday or Sunday)
Not sure if it depends on LVO or something..

I hope I do not need to know about the status not changing (all this waiting made us really paranoid...)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
pp11 said:
It takes around a week. I received medical request on 30th Jan 2013 and with that request I need to send PCC, PP and fill up some other forms too. I have a question for you, with medical request didn't you get request to send PP and PCC? I would also like to update my timeline. Thanx.
Folks are here in Canada with me
The forms which Delhi sends is old Medical Section A ( now obsolete since Nov ) and if you read it, it says these are for India, Nepal and Bhutan Please contact us for outside India which I did but since this whole thing was so delayed, I wasn't sure how long Delhi will take. So I went to the doctor with FILE # and UCI #, he was nice enough to send it But Delhi surprisingly emailed me the medical forms wth IME# and I took it to the doc who will send it to Ottawa, requesintg to update with meds sent last week
Delhi did 2 things the same day, contacted my friend in India as his phone was in file and the same night or ( next day in India ) the med forms. Why they didn't email other docs, mystery to me

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
rajmalhotra7 said:
You will get PPR for Seattle office. Congrats
RajaJi said:
CIC is closing Seattle office
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob496.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob481.asp

Pilot Project to Print Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Documents and Permanent Resident Visa Counterfoils by the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Anik said:

Anik, heartiest congrats - you can send via VFS but please do it within 30 days, dont take chances IMO. it might be ok but then better to be safe than sorry

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
@ Hira, Insh'Allah, nothing bad will happen with your mom medical. Lots of issues are just precautionary. I trust Allah that everything will be fine with you and your mom.
@ can someone please enter fab758 timeline in spreadsheet?

hira.n

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-06-2012
File Transfer...
16-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013 Alhumdulillah :)
LANDED..........
Soon In Shaa Allah :)
Luck786 said:
@ Hira

Don't be tense. You can have check ups done on your own to find out the cause.But I think that let the IMO do their test, they will have the result in about a weeks time.Then they are not going to send it without telling you.I mean if everything is OK they will send it otherwise they will call you and ask you to go to their approved Doctor for further testing and medication if required.They will get a report from him and attach to your meds or theycan give you another appointment for second xray after few weeks.I mean you can wait one week before going to Agha Khan Institute.May be there is nothing.
I hope and pray that there is no infection in your Mom's lungs apart from medical exam requirements.
Let your Mom finish the test and wait for test result if she is feeling well otherwise.What is the point going to two different doctors simultaneously.
@ Lucky: No they said they are not going to disclose the results here, if there is something wrong God Forbid, then islamabad will be contacting us.. This may take up to 2 months.. But yes we gonna wait for a week and thenn we gonna go for the test if we dont hear them in a week's time..

Yeah in shaa ALLAH .. Ur a gem lucky :).. Thanks for the support always :)..

hira.n

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-06-2012
File Transfer...
16-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013 Alhumdulillah :)
LANDED..........
Soon In Shaa Allah :)
starzibal said:
@ Hira, Insh'Allah, nothing bad will happen with your mom medical. Lots of issues are just precautionary. I trust Allah that everything will be fine with you and your mom.
@ can someone please enter fab758 timeline in spreadsheet?
Thanks alot strazibal :).. Yeah i know they are precautinary , but one or the other sign just keep making me worried like he pink sputuum .. I hope so too in shaa ALLAH everything would be fine in shaa ALLAH..

WIth all good wishes and suggestions i already feel better :).. Thanks all :)..

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
user828 said:
Anik, heartiest congrats - you can send via VFS but please do it within 30 days, dont take chances IMO. it might be ok but then better to be safe than sorry
Thanks!
I am not in India by the way (my LVO is Moscow)

I hate to delay - not sure what to do (still hoping that they reply to my email)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Anik said:
Thanks!
I am not in India by the way (my LVO is Moscow)

I hate to delay - not sure what to do (still hoping that they reply to my email)
Woops..sorry I mistook u for appletalk