+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Cmarwah said:
If you do not have your birth certificate the best thing to do is go to Indian Consulate and get your birth certificate. They will give you your birth certificate with your parents name on it.
thanks, do you have any idea how long it takes to get one

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Cmarwah said:
If you do not have your birth certificate the best thing to do is go to Indian Consulate and get your birth certificate. They will give you your birth certificate with your parents name on it.
i just checked cgitoronto website and found out the form, but one thing confuses me, in the form it asks for details for father as well as for spouse but no info for mother???!!!! here is the link
http://www.cgitoronto.ca/Forms/Miscellaneous%20Services%20Form.pdf

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
raju735 said:
I have a question and need help, I have been asked to submit 2 documents showing proof of relationship between me and the sponsor, and the documents incl -
- Original birth certificate
- school documents such as 5th, middle, matriculation or senior secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from and education board
- certified copy of sponsor's old passport showing the sponsor's name and parents name
- marriage certificate showing parents name
- voters id card

now the problem is, I only have my old passport showing my parents name, I dont have any other document showing my mothers name ( as i am sponsoring my mom only)

so I dont really know what to do, pls reply asap
If you were born in Delhi, you or your authorized agent can get a birth certficate from the Registrar's office. There is New Delhi statue under which child name on the birth certificate can be added. It takes a week or so. Cost is not much. Get several copies and they will all be original. You will need a copy of your original/old birth certificate. Then they can easily locate your info in the Register. I got is done for my daughters when they were 17+ years old.

http://delhigovt.nic.in/dept/pubserv/BirthCertificate.asp

http://des.delhigovt.nic.in/Vital/charter.htm
Click above link and under
9. IMPORTANT FEATURES OF DELHI REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS AND DEATHS RULES, 1999.
C. Entry of Name of the Child in Birth Record :(Rule 10)

a) Registration on or after 1.1.2000

i) Within 12 months from the date of registration
Nil

ii) After 12 months but within a period of 15 years from the date of registration
Rs.5/-

b) Registration before 1.1.2000(Eligible period is fifteen years which will be reckoned w.e.f 1.1.2000
Rs.5/-

So I think you have until 2015 to get your name added to your Birth Certificate...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
raju735 said:
i just checked cgitoronto website and found out the form, but one thing confuses me, in the form it asks for details for father as well as for spouse but no info for mother???!!!! here is the link
http://www.cgitoronto.ca/Forms/Miscellaneous%20Services%20Form.pdf
You mean Name of Spouse under Name of Father - I guess thats Spouse of Father, your mother - not your Spouse

P.S - Getting things done in consulate is way faster, remember its VFS who takes apps on behalf of consulate

http://www.cgitoronto.ca/misc/vfslocations.html

Their fees etc is different and payable via debit/visa at their location. I learnt this when we applied for Police Clearance

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
raju735 said:
agreed.....this double paper work makes things complicated and tedious, when the forms are already submitted why they want it again? why different process at CPP-O and ND (may be some other LVO might ask for same)
Coz, the file is in "babu' land of India

Cmarwah

Sep 29, 2012
raju735 said:
thanks, do you have any idea how long it takes to get one
I got mine from Ottawa in 2 days (back in 2008).. I guess it wont take more than 2 weeks at Toronto in worst case scenario ..

I think it might be faster now as they have started accepting birth certificate request at CGI Toronto instead of applying at VFS..

If you apply at Ottawa or Vancouver you still have to go through VFS and that will take 2 weeks..

I see the spouse question is confusing.. Leave it blank and ask at the time of submitting.. I am not sure given the form is general purpose..

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
RajaJi said:
If you were born in Delhi, you or your authorized agent can get a birth certficate from the Registrar's office. There is New Delhi statue under which child name on the birth certificate can be added. It takes a week or so. Cost is not much. Get several copies and they will all be original. You will need a copy of your original/old birth certificate. Then they can easily locate your info in the Register. I got is done for my daughters when they were 17+ years old.

http://delhigovt.nic.in/dept/pubserv/BirthCertificate.asp

http://des.delhigovt.nic.in/Vital/charter.htm
Click above link and under
9. IMPORTANT FEATURES OF DELHI REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS AND DEATHS RULES, 1999.
C. Entry of Name of the Child in Birth Record :(Rule 10)

a) Registration on or after 1.1.2000

i) Within 12 months from the date of registration
Nil

ii) After 12 months but within a period of 15 years from the date of registration
Rs.5/-

b) Registration before 1.1.2000(Eligible period is fifteen years which will be reckoned w.e.f 1.1.2000
Rs.5/-

So I think you have until 2015 to get your name added to your Birth Certificate...
thanks for info

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
user828 said:
You mean Name of Spouse under Name of Father - I guess thats Spouse of Father, your mother - not your Spouse

P.S - Getting things done in consulate is way faster, remember its VFS who takes apps on behalf of consulate

http://www.cgitoronto.ca/misc/vfslocations.html

Their fees etc is different and payable via debit/visa at their location. I learnt this when we applied for Police Clearance
thanks for clarifying confusion, on thing I would like to know, can a Notorized copy of Ration card be submitted?

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Cmarwah said:
I got mine from Ottawa in 2 days (back in 2008).. I guess it wont take more than 2 weeks at Toronto in worst case scenario ..

I think it might be faster now as they have started accepting birth certificate request at CGI Toronto instead of applying at VFS..

If you apply at Ottawa or Vancouver you still have to go through VFS and that will take 2 weeks..

I see the spouse question is confusing.. Leave it blank and ask at the time of submitting.. I am not sure given the form is general purpose..
ya spouse question is confusing. I will ask at time of filling form, maybe there is a separate form for birth certificate

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
raju735 said:
agreed.....this double paper work makes things complicated and tedious, when the forms are already submitted why they want it again? why different process at CPP-O and ND (may be some other LVO might ask for same)
You know when our file clears the first step and transfers to LVO, one cic agent told me that file does not go to LVO pysically...it stays at Missisauga forever. I dont believe cic agents but i guess it makes sense cuz LVO's are asking for same documents again. If this is true then i m disappointed cuz i thought our files wont take upto 2-3 yrs in new delhi like 2006,2007 applicants. But it could be longer since we are sending documents twice :-X

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
user828 said:
Coz, the file is in "babu' land of India
What? u mean baabuland? i did'nt get it :-\

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
kandel said:
You know when our file clears the first step and transfers to LVO, one cic agent told me that file does not go to LVO pysically...it stays at Missisauga forever. I dont believe cic agents but i guess it makes sense cuz LVO's are asking for same documents again. If this is true then i m disappointed cuz i thought our files wont take upto 2-3 yrs in new delhi like 2006,2007 applicants. But it could be longer since we are sending documents twice :-X
hi kandel i think from my previous research i found that LVO-ND send medical to sept 12 2007 to dec31 2007.so this is first batch of medical.i think we will hear soon get good news for medical because our application are in initial of 2008.so i am hoping that this time my information will be again correct and we hear some good news i am already started to fill the foems and collecting doc again

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
kandel said:
What? u mean baabuland? i did'nt get it :-\
In British India, babu often referred to a native Indian clerk. The word was originally used as a term of respect attached to a proper name, the equivalent of "mister", and "babuji" was used in many parts to mean "sir"; but when used alone without the suffix, it was a derogatory word signifying a semi-literate native, with a mere veneer of modern education.[1][2] In the early 20th century the term babu was frequently used to refer to bureaucrats and other government officials, especially by the Indian media;[3] in this sense the word hints at corrupt or lazy work practices.

jaggudada

Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>Dependent.....: YES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011 <br>Doc's Submitted:Jan 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 2012 <br>AOR from ND: June 2012
Med's Request
26 Nov 2012
Passport Req..
26 Nov 2012
gaggidhillon said:
i am hoping that this time my information will be again correct and we hear some good news i am already started to fill the foems and collecting doc again
Gaggi, can u please list the forms that we will need to fill again? Also what kind of supporting documents will be required (Form-E, relationship proof document etc.) ? Do you have Form-E for dependents in physician form? Is it possible for you to scan it?

Seems like a lot of people have information about the forms and supporting docs that ND will ask again but no one wants to share it. I thought this forum was there to help. :(