Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
kgill86 said:
I still didn't receive any ting.

My documents were received on sep13, 2014 by cic
the same. I didn't receive yet. I sent doc on Oct 14, 2014 :(

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
mehuls said:
Hi Guys,

Quick questions before i submit my document to Mississauga.

1. Do we need to self attested the supporting documents i.e. copies before submitting it or not?you mean keep the copy for yourself?
2. I need to send cover letter - can anyone please send me the sample format? I didnt submit any cover letter so not sure where do you get that .. I dont think so that it is required
3. Please confirm that do I need to attached followings:
- Application forms
- Supporting Documents (Including Option C printouts for year 2009 & 2010)
- Check List
- 90 days letter
- Cover Letter
- Rights of Permanent Residence Fees
- 2 Self address labels
Yes that's all documents you need.
Please let me know if any other things I need to add or take care! Thanks in Advance.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
2010 July applicant, received a letter from CIC yesterday

hi guys:
I filed the application for my parents in July 2010 and got additional doc requestion in Auguest 2014 and sent all required ones in Sep, 2014. Yesterday, I've received a letter from CIC saying application file is complete and they are in queue now.
Does anyone here have similar experience and how long it may take for the rest stages?

Thanks

HS

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Re: 2010 July applicant, received a letter from CIC yesterday

hshi said:
hi guys:
I filed the application for my parents in July 2010 and got additional doc requestion in Auguest 2014 and sent all required ones in Sep, 2014. Yesterday, I've received a letter from CIC saying application file is complete and they are in queue now.
Does anyone here have similar experience and how long it may take for the rest stages?

Thanks

HS
Next stage is about 2-3 month for approval of sponsor and transfer to LVO. Which date in sept did you submit your documents

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013

CIC confirmed to receive complete applications on Sep.10, 2014
soonihope said:
Next stage is about 2-3 month for approval of sponsor and transfer to LVO. Which date in sept did you submit your documents

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
Hi siki
Have u receieved AOR from CIC yet?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
I am Canadian PR holder and I meet all requirements to sponsor my parents for 2015 quota including last 3 years statements. My mother is currently with me here in Canada on Super Visa for 2 years starting from 1st August, 2014. I am planning to file her application for sponsorship and was wondering when her file opens will she have to go to India (her country of origin) in order to do medical and visa. Is it possible for her to get those things done here in Canada without going to home country? I asked lawyers to help me with and their consulting fees are ranging from $5000-$7000 for each applicant. If yes what should I take care while filling up forms.

gurunanak

Aug 17, 2014
davidkaren said:
I am Canadian PR holder and I meet all requirements to sponsor my parents for 2015 quota including last 3 years statements. My mother is currently with me here in Canada on Super Visa for 2 years starting from 1st August, 2014. I am planning to file her application for sponsorship and was wondering when her file opens will she have to go to India (her country of origin) in order to do medical and visa. Is it possible for her to get those things done here in Canada without going to home country? I asked lawyers to help me with and their consulting fees are ranging from $5000-$7000 for each applicant. If yes what should I take care while filling up forms.
Hi,
I am sure that your mother can do her medicals in Canada, provided she has legal status here. With respect to forms, her current address will be an address in Canada (your address). In fact, one of my friend's mom got her PR while she was staying here under super visa status. In regards to passport submission, my friend's mother send it to their local visa office (Beijing) through one of her friend. It might not be the case with our visa office in Delhi. I am sure that the PR stamping can be done staying in Canada.
The consulting fee, thats a lot of money, at least for me. I know many genuine consultants charge you $150 - $200 for an hour consultation and you can can get answers for every question you have in your mind.
All the best!

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For new applications the opening is January 2 2015, and they will return any applications sent before that date, what date/day would be good to send the documents then dec. 30? or january 2 overnight ?

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
davidkaren said:
No, don't hire a lawyer for sponsorship file. You do not need their help at all on a family sponsorship file, there is not much lawyer can do to help you on the file. All they will do is submit the application, in any case you will be the one filling out all the family information because you know better than the lawyer. If you absolutely require help in filling out the application form, seek help from friend or family or this forum. Lawyer will rip you off the money, there is no work worth $5000-7000 to be done on filing application. If your sponsorship file is rejected for some reason, then only to appeal the case you may need a lawyer help. I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT TO GO TO SEE A LAWYER, THE APPLICATION FILING IS A VERY EASY PROCESS NOT WORTH SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON LAWYERS, WHO DOES VERY LITTLE, BUT CHARGES TONS OF MONEY TO RIP OFF THE CLIENTS.

gurunanak

Aug 17, 2014
Tp said:
No, don't hire a lawyer for sponsorship file. You do not need their help at all on a family sponsorship file, there is not much lawyer can do to help you on the file. All they will do is submit the application, in any case you will be the one filling out all the family information because you know better than the lawyer. If you absolutely require help in filling out the application form, seek help from friend or family or this forum. Lawyer will rip you off the money, there is no work worth $5000-7000 to be done on filing application. If your sponsorship file is rejected for some reason, then only to appeal the case you may need a lawyer help. I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT TO GO TO SEE A LAWYER, THE APPLICATION FILING IS A VERY EASY PROCESS NOT WORTH SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON LAWYERS, WHO DOES VERY LITTLE, BUT CHARGES TONS OF MONEY TO RIP OFF THE CLIENTS.
Well said, Totally agree....

rp1921

Dec 4, 2014

soonihope said:
I received also letter on nov 28 2014. One of my friend he had submitted document two weeks before me. he got email that his file is sent to ottawa.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013

rp1921 said:
I received also letter on nov 28 2014. One of my friend he had submitted document two weeks before me. he got email that his file is sent to ottawa.
What exact date did your friend send his documents.did he receive AOR In mail or just straight email. This seems super fast if he sent documents in August 2014