+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

archerx

Sep 13, 2011
Hi

I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of parents. I really appreciate if you can answer the following questions.

I live in Canada for three years as a permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to sponsor to my mother. However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances. However I really appreciate if you can reply my following questions.

1- If I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- Since I am unemployed and no minimum income requirements but how about if my mother has own money? she has some certain amount of money in her bank account and she is financially stable. Is it helpful to apply under this circumstances?
3- Alternatively, my parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
4- I dont have any idea about the term of "co-signor" for the application. How this term can help me to be eligible a sponsor to my mother.

Thank you

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
Hi all folks and senior member

Can everyone explain me about document checklist of number 9?
Proof of continuous full-time studies of all dependent children aged 22 or over.
including: .complete school records/transcripts since attaining age 22;
.letters from the schools indicating the number of hours of classes
attended per day, and the number of days attended per week;
.proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22;

1. I was 17 when submitted on 2010 and now I am 21, so my brother who is sponsor my mother and me, he said that don't need to send educational records because in the document checklist not request educational record for dependent under 22 to submit, then he told me if i am over 22 that u must send educational record as like in document checklist required.
If he thinks wrong, please correct him.

2. If we don't fill out the form representative, has it problem?

Thank you to appreciate ur answer.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Applied 2010 said:
Hi all folks and senior member

Can everyone explain me about document checklist of number 9?
Proof of continuous full-time studies of all dependent children aged 22 or over.
including: .complete school records/transcripts since attaining age 22;
.letters from the schools indicating the number of hours of classes
attended per day, and the number of days attended per week;
.proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22;

1. I was 17 when submitted on 2010 and now I am 21, so my brother who is sponsor my mother and me, he said that don't need to send educational records because in the document checklist not request educational record for dependent under 22 to submit, then he told me if i am over 22 that u must send educational record as like in document checklist required.
If he thinks wrong, please correct him.

2. If we don't fill out the form representative, has it problem?
2- As you are applying by your own, there is no need to fill out Representative Form (Not Applicable).
1- Agree that for under 22, there is no need to attach educational docs but I will recommend to include them. I am on the same boat but still I included my educational docs. But as stated in the checklist, they just ask for the educational docs for the dependents who are 22 or above (so you have option to send them or not, it's your will but they are not required by CIC).

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
archerx said:
Hi

I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of parents. I really appreciate if you can answer the following questions.

I live in Canada for three years as a permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to sponsor to my mother. However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances. However I really appreciate if you can reply my following questions.

1- If I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- Since I am unemployed and no minimum income requirements but how about if my mother has own money? she has some certain amount of money in her bank account and she is financially stable. Is it helpful to apply under this circumstances?
3- Alternatively, my parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
4- I dont have any idea about the term of "co-signor" for the application. How this term can help me to be eligible a sponsor to my mother.

Thank you
1. Yes, but you will have to meet some income requirements

2. Best way would be to work for three years and then apply. I don't think your mother's money will help. As a sponsor, you have to demonstrate that you could support her.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-apply-who.asp

3. Same as I said in 2.

4. "Your spouse or common-law partner may help you meet the income requirement by co-signing the sponsorship application."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp
If you are married, the income of your spouse could help you meet the income requirements.

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
usman_14pk said:
2- As you are applying by your own, there is no need to fill out Representative Form (Not Applicable).
1- Agree that for under 22, there is no need to attach educational docs but I will recommend to include them. I am on the same boat but still I included my educational docs. But as stated in the checklist, they just ask for the educational docs for the dependents who are 22 or above (so you have option to send them or not, it's your will but they are not required by CIC).
please 1 more question for form IMM 0008, we have 3 member then my brother sponsor only my mother and me, and my older sister that as a non-accompany coz she doesn't want to live in Canada. Do we count her in the form imm0008?
So we should put 2 or 3 in that question is * how many family members, including you, are in this application?*
If we put 3 so we need to fill out the form Imm0008 one more for her or not?

Thanks !

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Applied 2010 said:
please 1 more question for form IMM 0008, we have 3 member then my brother sponsor only my mother and me, and my older sister that as a non-accompany coz she doesn't want to live in Canada. Do we count her in the form imm0008?
So we should put 2 or 3 in that question is * how many family members, including you, are in this application?*
If we put 3 so we need to fill out the form Imm0008 one more for her or not?
Thanks !
Put 2 in that question (you and your mother). Also, THERE IS NO NEED to fill "IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependent Declaration" form for your sis because you can add up to 5 dependents by pressing "ADD DEPENDENT" button in "IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form".

Here is the guide which you must go through while filling the forms so that you don't make any mistake: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Hi all,

I have a question and I may need some advice.

My parents applied PR many years ago, but I'm the only family member who lived in Canada. They have never come to Canada again after we become landed immigrants. In this case, I do not think there is any way that they can keep their PR status.

I'm willing to sponsor them to get another PR years after, but I'm worried that if they give up this time, it may be hard for them to get another PR later. Does anyone has some experience for re-gaining PR after giving it up? Will some reasonable explanations, such as cannot find a good job here, help?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Deep31

Oct 31, 2013
TORONTO, ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2009
Doc's Request.
NOV-2012
File Transfer...
MAY-2012
Med's Request
NOV-2012, Remeds (Issued & Missed) - FEB 2014
Med's Done....
DEC-2012, Remeds (Submitted Late) - JUNE 2014
Interview........
SEEMS WAIVED..
Passport Req..
NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
LANDED..........
WILL POST SOON...
Hi Guys! NEED SOME HELP.

My parents got the visa last month and got the tickets booked, but the only problem is that they are coming via MONTREAL(QUEBEC) which is a 2 hours stay before they get to their final destination 'TORONTO'. My question is whether the landing process will be in Montreal (which is the first entry point in Canada) OR will it take place at their final destination WHICH IS TORONTO. Im quite confused with this.

Please REPLY.. ??? ??? :(

Thanks

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
my sis birthcertificate issued by village nambardaar.its ok for cic.they will accpt it or not.
another question is can cic accpt affidavit given by my parents showing tht the dob of my sis if I not send birth certificate.

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
usman_14pk said:
Put 2 in that question (you and your mother). Also, THERE IS NO NEED to fill "IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependent Declaration" form for your sis because you can add up to 5 dependents by pressing "ADD DEPENDENT" button in "IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form".

Here is the guide which you must go through while filling the forms so that you don't make any mistake: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp
How many dependents are there in ur application?

Yes I went to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp, but I still confused that "Question 3: Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not."

I want to verify who must fill out the form such as imm0008ENU_2D(for mother & me), imm0008DEPENU(for only me), imm5669(for mother, sister & me), imm5406(for mother, sister & me), please correct me if im wrong.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Deep31 said:
Hi Guys! NEED SOME HELP.

My parents got the visa last month and got the tickets booked, but the only problem is that they are coming via MONTREAL(QUEBEC) which is a 2 hours stay before they get to their final destination 'TORONTO'. My question is whether the landing process will be in Montreal (which is the first entry point in Canada) OR will it take place at their final destination WHICH IS TORONTO. Im quite confused with this.

Please REPLY.. ??? ??? :(

Thanks
They have connecting flight to Toronto or they from Montreal or what?
I think they will pass through immigrations at Montreal but if they have PR approval for Ontario and not for Quebec then they can always tell the immigration officer that we have next flight to Toronto and can show their tickets.

There won't be any problem at all.
Congratulations on your parents visa approval :)

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Applied 2010 said:
How many dependents are there in ur application?

Yes I went to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp, but I still confused that "Question 3: Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not."

I want to verify who must fill out the form such as imm0008ENU_2D(for mother & me), imm0008DEPENU(for only me), imm5669(for mother, sister & me), imm5406(for mother, sister & me), please correct me if im wrong.
Firstly, yes you are right. I just go through the guide again. You will write 3 (you, mother, sis) regardless of your sis is accompanying or not.

OK lemme explain you about the forms:

IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form
filled for Principal applicant (your mother) and in the same form at the bottom, there is a button "ADD DEPENDENT". You need to add 2 dependent info (you and your sis) but you will only check your name as "Accompany to Canada - YES" and for her check "Accompany to Canada - No".

IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependants Declaration - More than 5
This form is NOT APPLICABLE. There is NO NEED to fill this form neither for your sis nor for yourself.
If for example someone has more than 5 dependents then for additional dependents i.e for 6th dependent we fill this form. This is because the "IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form" don't allow us to add more than 5 dependents so we fill "IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependants Declaration - More than 5" for extra dependents i.e 6th dependent.

But in your case, you are just 2 dependents, you and your sis. So there is no need to fill this "IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependants Declaration - More than 5" form neither for your sis nor for yourself because you both will be added as dependent in "IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form" by pressing "ADD DEPENDENT" button.... I hope i have cleared my point this time.

IMM5669E - Schedule A Background Declaration
To be filled for you and for your mother separately

IMM5406E - Additional Family Information Form

Use of Representative Form
NOT APPLICABLE - because I guess you are submitting the application by your own and not consulting from any consultant or third part

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
usman_14pk said:
Firstly, yes you are right. I just go through the guide again. You will write 3 (you, mother, sis) regardless of your sis is accompanying or not.

OK lemme explain you about the forms:

IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form
filled for Principal applicant (your mother) and in the same form at the bottom, there is a button "ADD DEPENDENT". You need to add 2 dependent info (you and your sis) but you will only check your name as "Accompany to Canada - YES" and for her check "Accompany to Canada - No".

IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependants Declaration - More than 5
This form is NOT APPLICABLE. There is NO NEED to fill this form neither for your sis nor for yourself.
If for example someone has more than 5 dependents then for additional dependents i.e for 6th dependent we fill this form. This is because the "IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form" don't allow us to add more than 5 dependents so we fill "IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependants Declaration - More than 5" for extra dependents i.e 6th dependent.

But in your case, you are just 2 dependents, you and your sis. So there is no need to fill this "IMM0008DEPENU - Additional Dependants Declaration - More than 5" form neither for your sis nor for yourself because you both will be added as dependent in "IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form" by pressing "ADD DEPENDENT" button.... I hope i have cleared my point this time.

IMM5669E - Schedule A Background Declaration

IMM5406E - Additional Family Information Form

Use of Representative Form
NOT APPLICABLE - because I guess you are submitting the application by your own and not consulting from any consultant or third part
Yes u r right, I fill all the form by myself. Sorry if I asked u repetitive question and last question as well. Smiley
1/. IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form is for only the principal applicant?
Or any dependents as accompany to live in Canada need to fill IMM0008ENU_2D-Generic Application Form separately or not?
2/. And in doc checklist say that for IMM5669E - Schedule A Background Declaration and IMM5406E - Additional Family Information Form:
(A separate form must be completed, dated and signed by:
.the principal applicant, and.
.spouse of common-law partner(whether they are accompanying or not), and.
.each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not.)
so I must fill form IMM5669E and IMM5406E for my sister separately as well, right?

Thank you

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
Guyz i have finally landed and reunite with family sin Canada on 30th august 2014 after 6 years of process so everything went good at airport . It was very quick and easy just few basic question and said welcome to Canada . it is very beautiful feeling here , i wish and pray for Everyone to get reunite with their families very sooon :)

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Applied 2010 said:
Yes u r right, I fill all the form by myself. Sorry if I asked u repetitive question and last question as well. Smiley
1/. IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form is for only the principal applicant?
Or any dependents as accompany to live in Canada need to fill IMM0008ENU_2D-Generic Application Form separately or not?
2/. And in doc checklist say that for IMM5669E - Schedule A Background Declaration and IMM5406E - Additional Family Information Form:
(A separate form must be completed, dated and signed by:
.the principal applicant, and.
.spouse of common-law partner(whether they are accompanying or not), and.
.each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not.)
so I must fill form IMM5669E and IMM5406E for my sister separately as well, right?

Thank you
I was looking back my forms and guide. OK so here it is what I sum up:

1. IMM0008ENU_2D - Generic Application Form is ONLY FOR PRINCIPAL APPLICANT i.e your MOM
There is a dependent section in this form at bottom. Here you will fill information for your sis and for yourself. There is a "ADD DEPENDENT" button. So to fill the 2nd dependent's information, click this button and it will population another copy for dependent section so that you can fill information of 2nd dependent.

2. I was only dependent in my case. You pointed it very correctly. Sorry actually there are lot of stuff so sometimes things get mix-up.
For the forms: IMM5669E and IMM5406E, YES, you will fill separate forms for the principal applicant (your mom) and dependents which are 18 or 18+ (you and your sis).