+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents not in wedding!!

mani0044

Jan 13, 2018
Hi, i was filling forms to apply for my spouse sponsor. My wife is sponsoring me and her parents are here but they don’t know what we got married already and she is sponsoring me.

We both are living together but her parents don’t know that she is married and sponsoring me for pr.

Now question is while filing form. It ask if parents were in wedding and if NO then explain WHY.

I said my parents are backhome and they don’t have visa. But her parents are here in canada

What should i explain now in form??

Please help if anyone can

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Why don’t they know that toy got married? Are they against your relationship?

mani0044

Jan 13, 2018
Why don’t they know that toy got married? Are they against your relationship?
They not against our relationship being gf and bf. But they won’t like their daughter getting married early age and sponsoring me for my papers. That’s why we never told them.
Can i write in form that parents were against this marriage that’s why they not attend?

In our wedding there were only 4 people we did it in local muncipal clerk house.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
They not against our relationship being gf and bf. But they won’t like their daughter getting married early age and sponsoring me for my papers. That’s why we never told them.
Can i write in form that parents were against this marriage that’s why they not attend?

In our wedding there were only 4 people we did it in local muncipal clerk house.
I had a slightly different situation. Both our parents knew. My parents couldn't come because my mom had to work, and dad wouldn't travel without her. His parents are in Canada and didn't approve (religious reasons). We explained in our letter the situation about the parents including the religious issues.

CIC might assume your marriage is one of convenience and not approve it. Unless you can come up with ample proof that you are not, then maybe it should be okay. I hope it all works out.

M

mikeymyke

You'll have to come up with a better explanation than them not wanting you to be sponsored, that could be seen that they think its a marriage of convenience.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hi, i was filling forms to apply for my spouse sponsor. My wife is sponsoring me and her parents are here but they don’t know what we got married already and she is sponsoring me.

We both are living together but her parents don’t know that she is married and sponsoring me for pr.

Now question is while filing form. It ask if parents were in wedding and if NO then explain WHY.

I said my parents are backhome and they don’t have visa. But her parents are here in canada

Never lie! the consequences are far greater than telling the truth to CIC. Assuming your wife is legally married to you just tell the truth. On a personal note her parents are going to find out eventually. Better to get them on your side with this application. Without them CIC will look very closely at your application.

OmarMark

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017

Best thing to do is to sit down with her parents and tell them. From my point of view it already looks like a marriage of convenience and I'm not even the CIC.

If you sit down and tell them and they are against it and mad at least you can tell the CIC the truth by saying her parents were against it so you did what you did.

Regardless having only 4 people and being private isn't such a big deal as long as you can explain it but when it comes to parents these become issues due to it being immediate family.

Best of luck.

Krupa.d

Jul 23, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am filling for spousal sponsorship visa for my husband, I am a Canadian citizen. Therefore, we got married without my parents and his father approval as this is an inter-caste marriage that wasn’t approved by them. Though my mother in law and his aunt approved the marriage and attended the small wedding which we conducted with his friends and their family members.

Therefore, filling the form I did select no to the parents attendance, so I do have an explanation for the inter-caste marriage but have a questionable doubt if IRCC would approve the explanation or not??

Open to suggestions?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am filling for spousal sponsorship visa for my husband, I am a Canadian citizen. Therefore, we got married without my parents and his father approval as this is an inter-caste marriage that wasn’t approved by them. Though my mother in law and his aunt approved the marriage and attended the small wedding which we conducted with his friends and their family members.

Therefore, filling the form I did select no to the parents attendance, so I do have an explanation for the inter-caste marriage but have a questionable doubt if IRCC would approve the explanation or not??

Open to suggestions?
Just explain in a short letter of explanation, you're not the first person whose parents disapproved of their marriage and did not attend.

Note though: I assume this was not an arranged marriage, for obvious reasons, and that you and spouse new each other for some time before, etc.

Reactions: YVR123

Krupa.d

Jul 23, 2023
Just explain in a short letter of explanation, you're not the first person whose parents disapproved of their marriage and did not attend.

Note though: I assume this was not an arranged marriage, for obvious reasons, and that you and spouse new each other for some time before, etc.

Yes we know each other for more than 10 years now

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes we know each other for more than 10 years now
Don't worry too much then. Lots of applicants have been through this with similar issues. Just explain it and show who else attended, emphasize other parts of your relationship evidence.

Repetition I know, but again, lots of parents have disapproved of their kids' marriages. It was an old theme when Shakespeare wrote about it.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I would also provide 4 or 5 letters from friends and other family members that they are aware of your relationship and marriage.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I would also provide 4 or 5 letters from friends and other family members that they are aware of your relationship and marriage.
I'm not going to say outright that this is overkill because it has to be looked at in context of everything else that is there. But if, for example, other relatives and friends (and the other parents?) were at the wedding and in photos, 4 or 5 letters may not be necessary, maybe one or two is enough.

In my view, diminishing returns - each additional letter adds less and less to the app, unless it adds entirely new information. (For example we had letter from landlord b/c did not have lease in both our names - different content than from one more friend or family member)