+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Medical Exam

dabhatia

Apr 8, 2015
Hey guys, I applied for my parents immigration under family class this year in January and they just got request for medical exam. They've been living with me in Canada for just about over a year as visitors under visitor visa status.

I got their medical exam done back in February 2019 when I requested immigration for their visitor visa extension. Now for the PR Purposes, they've asked Medical Exam again. I was doing some reading that the medical exam is valid for 12 months.

What I was wondering is if I am able to use the same results for their exam so I don't end up paying for another exam which costs about $800.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys, I applied for my parents immigration under family class this year in January and they just got request for medical exam. They've been living with me in Canada for just about over a year as visitors under visitor visa status.

I got their medical exam done back in February 2019 when I requested immigration for their visitor visa extension. Now for the PR Purposes, they've asked Medical Exam again. I was doing some reading that the medical exam is valid for 12 months.

What I was wondering is if I am able to use the same results for their exam so I don't end up paying for another exam which costs about $800.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Yes, you can use the same medical.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can ask but they could be asked to complete a medical again if there are concerns about there health. They have also been visiting you in Canada not living in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You can ask but they could be asked to complete a medical again if there are concerns about there health. They have also been visiting you in Canada not living in Canada.
OP doesn't need to ask. The medical is valid for a year and can be used. They may be asked to complete another medical if this one expires while the app is processing but if they remain in Canada, it will likely just be extended.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OP doesn't need to ask. The medical is valid for a year and can be used. They may be asked to complete another medical if this one expires while the app is processing but if they remain in Canada, it will likely just be extended.
Ask was the wrong work point out that they have already done a medical this year. We do see that some of the medical are not very thorough especially when it comes to visitors. Your parents may be asked to do some follow-up testing if there was already some issues highlighted in the first application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ask was the wrong work point out that they have already done a medical this year. We do see that some of the medical are not very thorough especially when it comes to visitors. Your parents may be asked to do some follow-up testing if there was already some issues highlighted in the first application.
I'm not sure what you mean about medicals not being thorough. It is the same medical for visitors and PR applicants. If there were issues, the follow-ups would have already been requested.

Sydawei

Jan 3, 2018
For the visitor medical, it is Non EDE.
For immigration, it is EDE.

So they are different type. Maybe you can send the result in. If they want your parents do it again, they will let you know.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
For the visitor medical, it is Non EDE.
For immigration, it is EDE.

So they are different type. Maybe you can send the result in. If they want your parents do it again, they will let you know.
Several things wrong there:

1. The medical is the exact same for temporary resident and PR. Same tests, same x-ray, same diseases looked for etc.

2. Immigration is NOT Excessive Demand Exempt. Only spousal/child sponsorship and refugee classes are EDE. All other PR applicants, including sponsored parents, are not EDE.

3. The same review of the medical is done whether it is EDE or not. The difference is that EDE pass even if they exceed the threshold.

dabhatia

Apr 8, 2015
So, I called and asked the doctor's office that I fi can use the same results and they said yes you can but now my concern is how do I send them the results. Doctor's office gave me the e-medical sheet to submit but who do I submit to and how?

I can't seem to link the paper application online yet so can't submit through that channel. any other ways?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So, I called and asked the doctor's office that I fi can use the same results and they said yes you can but now my concern is how do I send them the results. Doctor's office gave me the e-medical sheet to submit but who do I submit to and how?

I can't seem to link the paper application online yet so can't submit through that channel. any other ways?
Send it through Webform.