+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents marriage affidavit

Rishabh4545

May 30, 2019
Hello,

Is it possible to submit marriage affidavit for parents sponsorship instead of marriage certificate?

If yes, Is there any template available ?

Thanks

Newbie888

Aug 8, 2021
Hello,

Is it possible to submit marriage affidavit for parents sponsorship instead of marriage certificate?

If yes, Is there any template available ?

Thanks
Hello is there any specific format someone can help me with for the affidavit of marriage for parents?

arti.tekwani

Jun 2, 2015
Hi

I am looking for help on marriage certificate too, please let me know if someone has approved format of marriage affidavit ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

I am looking for help on marriage certificate too, please let me know if someone has approved format of marriage affidavit ?
Let's clarify the issue: your parents are married, but there is no marriage certificate/impossible to get a replacement?

I don't know the issue in detail but here are options:
-if your parents live together and have for a long time, they can just declare that they are common law.
-if their country allows it, get married now (may not be allowed in some jurisdictions if already considered married).
or,
-do an affidavit. An affidavit is just a letter sworn in front of a lawyer or notary, usually. Form can usually be any form at all: they swear that they were married on [date] in front of [officiant] and have been married ever since in eyes of [local legal system] and never divorced or separated. Official documents not available because [short explanation] and cannot be replaced. [Formal part of the affidavit is completed by lawyer or notary, something like 'sworn in my presence on [date] in evidence of which [signature or seal or something'].

Good luck.