+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents landing in Montreal without CSQ! is that a problem?

parpari

Sep 29, 2009
Hi Everyone,

My parents are issued visas for immigration through sponsorship by me. In their application they mentioned Toronto as the city they will land in. Now, I have relocated to Montreal and they want to come to Montreal. They don't have a CSQ (Certificate de Selection du Quebec for living in Montreal). They are not PNP of course because I applied for them as sponsor. So can they land in Montreal and fill out a CSQ form there or should they acquire the CSQ before landing in Montreal? I can't get clear answers by consulting the CIC website. I appreciate it if anyone has info about this issue and can share it with me.

Thank you very much,

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Oh wow, I think you should have applied through Quebec because there are special forms they have to fill and you have to fill. It takes about a month. Nevermind the website, you must call in and ask ASAP!
I am guessing you did not notify CIC or MICC (Quebec) before you moved to Montreal? They ask for the CSQ at airport.

Call ASAP!

parpari said:
Hi Everyone,

My parents are issued visas for immigration through sponsorship by me. In their application they mentioned Toronto as the city they will land in. Now, I have relocated to Montreal and they want to come to Montreal. They don't have a CSQ (Certificate de Selection du Quebec for living in Montreal). They are not PNP of course because I applied for them as sponsor. So can they land in Montreal and fill out a CSQ form there or should they acquire the CSQ before landing in Montreal? I can't get clear answers by consulting the CIC website. I appreciate it if anyone has info about this issue and can share it with me.

Thank you very much,

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
You could take the trouble to ask them to land in Toronto and you pic them up from there. Problem solved?

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
No, Quebec has is own criteria and they need the CSQ.

sakamath said:
You could take the trouble to ask them to land in Toronto and you pic them up from there. Problem solved?

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
I found this online...not sure if much has changed since then...

http://www.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10555

Hope this helps...

parpari said:
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much,

mahdi82

Nov 17, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much,
Hi, I have exactly same case for my wife, can you please tell me how was your experience? I am extremely worried about it as there are different and contradictory reports about it. Please share your experience