+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Deepu Punjab

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi, I received the email to sponsor
Is it worth using the immigration consultant charging 2k here in Alberta
Also I don't have the marriage certificate for my parents and they are currently with me on Supervisa.
How will I be able to attach the marriage certificate in this case. They are not returning anytime soon and the submission deadline is December.

Thanks for any help!

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Also I don't have the marriage certificate for my parents and they are currently with me on Supervisa.
How will I be able to attach the marriage certificate in this case. They are not returning anytime soon and the submission deadline is December.

Thanks for any help!
When (which date) did you receive it?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks for any help!
Not worth paying someone to fill out the application if you have the time to do it yourself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
for me you either do not have the program or when you do, put a bit of effort to make it fair.
Agree that IRCC need to follow their own rules. Enforcement with IRCC is incredibly lax. I sometimes wonder why we have rules if no follow-up. Read a case today where someone had been approved for PR after 10 years 3 H&C claims plus reconsiderations, asylum denied, RAD denied, JR denied, PPRA denied, 5 deportation attempts, etc. How is someone still in Canada after so many refusals and making it to the 3 rd H&C filing? Sure the whole process has cost over 100k for taxpayers. That said it is very difficult to create a system that everyone will feel is fair for parent sponsorship if we are going to have limited spots and high demand. The current system was to prioritize those who have met LICO since at least 2018 yet that isn’t what is actually happening. People’s expectation that
aren’t sponsorship will come soon after meeting LICO for 3 or that it is guaranteed will need to change. See many complaining that they have been waiting so long when they have met 3 years of LICO less than 1-2 years. A large number of people wait much longer to get selected for PGP. The government should do a better job clarifying that parent sponsorship is not guaranteed and could take10+ years.

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
Hi All,
After waiting for 6 years, finally I received the Golden email yesterday.
Need less to say I am very happy, but I understand many of them are waiting and are all Deserving to bring their parents for various reasons. Hang in there pls and all the Best you to get your Golden Email Invite, Prayers - God Bless.
I am from Toronto region received, Oct 17th 12pm.

Is there any WhatsApp group for people who got invited this year -2023 - we can fill the applications together and discuss on doubts while filling. Also Is it better to do it ourselves or to go thro Immig-Agency ?

Regards !

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi everyone - Can we create what's app group for those who have got the invite and are in process of filling application forms. This will result in helping each other or if anyone is aware of any group plz do let me know, I would like to be part of that group

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi All,
After waiting for 6 years, finally I received the Golden email yesterday.
Need less to say I am very happy, but I understand many of them are waiting and are all Deserving to bring their parents for various reasons. Hang in there pls and all the Best you to get your Golden Email Invite, Prayers - God Bless.
I am from Toronto region received, Oct 17th 12pm.

Is there any WhatsApp group for people who got invited this year -2023 - we can fill the applications together and discuss on doubts while filling. Also Is it better to do it ourselves or to go thro Immig-Agency ?

Regards !
I am also looking for what's app group and I am also from Toronto. Do it yourself if you have time., you are the best person to make sure nothing gets delayed or incorrect.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
The spouse needed to be included on the EOI2020. Were they?
That's not mandatory, he is asking spouse to be included as a cosigner not as a dependent for PR, You can declare spouse as a cosigner even if she was not included in EOI2020 as long as she meets income requirements.

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
Hi everyone - Can we create what's app group for those who have got the invite and are in process of filling application forms. This will result in helping each other or if anyone is aware of any group plz do let me know, I would like to be part of that group

capok

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
09-12-2014
Med's Request
24-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
JULY END-MID AUG
I am also looking for what's app group and I am also from Toronto. Do it yourself if you have time., you are the best person to make sure nothing gets delayed or incorrect.

capok

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
09-12-2014
Med's Request
24-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
JULY END-MID AUG
Me as well. I just got the letter yesterday.