+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother got invitation to apply for PR on this Monday that is yesterday Oct 17th. She is in Canada with me right now on visit visa. What should I put as mailing address and residential address?
If she has supervisa and she can stay up to 5 years, then I would put your Canadian mailing and res. address.

Reactions: YVR123

Misbahur

Oct 17, 2023
The simple answer is there is no way to check if you are in the pool. Only option is to go through your emails from that period and check. I had raised a query regarding this in 2022 and they only answered by saying I was not picked in 2022. They never answered whether I am in the pool.. It still remains a mystery to me and I doubt if my application is in the pool. I am pretty sure I did not miss any emails in 2020 - 2022.
Thank you

Sensible

Oct 5, 2021
I had called IRCC to ask if my details were still in the pool as I know for sure that I didn't get invite yet but the said they have no way of checking on their end. They said if you have a confirmation number then you are in the pool

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had called IRCC to ask if my details were still in the pool as I know for sure that I didn't get invite yet but the said they have no way of checking on their end. They said if you have a confirmation number then you are in the pool
What a BS system! I mean it is still over 100K applications left so we are probably hidden underneath somewhere!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No way that everyone that has a confirmation number are STILL in the pool.
once again showing that call centre agents don't know what is going on.

Quebec11D

Jan 11, 2021

Sensible

Oct 5, 2021
Yeh, I was among the first to put in my application- on the 1st day - I believe it was Oct 13th 2020 and I am still waiting. I have been trying for 7 years even when there was a rat race in January (before lottery system), in that system by 12:05am they closed, in that time site was so overwhelmed that I could not even upload the docs so we thought lottery system will be better and I am still waiting. I am a very sad Canadian, having waited patiently without complaining and now I can't seem to see any hope even this time. I have worked hard and made sure I qualify everytime so really feel cheated by this system.

Reactions: hims0912

Gill92

May 27, 2014
I applytwo interst form one for gm and one for mother father they deleted one form bcz thry throught it was duplicate. How i know this is in 2021 when we check if we invited or not one confirmation number shows it says u are not invited other number doesn’t show there it just said ur not invited . Then i did webform they said same thing u r not on invitation list I think we don’t have any thing to check if we are in pool

mws87

Aug 3, 2016
1. Yes you can, fill the representative form with yourself as representative
2. Same situation with us, I submitted a copy of the PR card that was used in 2020 and copy of the passport as well.
thanks kma_85. I will act as a representative for my parents. I did not know I could do that. I hope that will not create any issues. Did you do the same for your application?

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Congratulations!

https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/sponsor-family-member/sponsoring-father-mother-great-parent/undertaking-application#c179762

I am also in QC and I thought that nobody from QC would get an invitation. What are the first 2 characters in your confirmation number
Should we submit the application to IRCC at the same time? they give us a deadline to submit.
IRCC must receive your application on or before December 22, 2023, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

I don't know the steps between Federal and Quebec applications.
My application number start with 41

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I am a little nervous, should I get the lawyer to apply for my parent? here in Montreal they charge around 4k

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a little nervous, should I get the lawyer to apply for my parent? here in Montreal they charge around 4k
That's really up to you. Many do it themselves. However if you're not comfortable doing that, then you can certainly hire an immigration lawyer (I would stay away from immigration consultants). The $4K sounds about right if you decide to go with an immigration lawyer vs. DIY.

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
That's really up to you. Many do it themselves. However if you're not comfortable doing that, then you can certainly hire an immigration lawyer (I would stay away from immigration consultants). The $4K sounds about right if you decide to go with an immigration lawyer vs. DIY.
I guess for Quebec residence is more complicated than rest of Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I guess for Quebec residence is more complicated than rest of Canada
Yes, there's an extra step. But lots of people (probably most) still do it themselves. Again, ultimately up to you.