+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Havent seen anyone say they got today. Resembles previous year. Dries up towards the last few days :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeh, I was among the first to put in my application- on the 1st day - I believe it was Oct 13th 2020 and I am still waiting. I have been trying for 7 years even when there was a rat race in January (before lottery system), in that system by 12:05am they closed, in that time site was so overwhelmed that I could not even upload the docs so we thought lottery system will be better and I am still waiting. I am a very sad Canadian, having waited patiently without complaining and now I can't seem to see any hope even this time. I have worked hard and made sure I qualify everytime so really feel cheated by this system.
Would suggest suing IRCC if you have the funds. Makes me very frustrated to see that some who didn’t qualify for EOI2020 are being approved because they met LICO for past 3 years. They have benefitted from being in the pool and have had an increase chance of being selected while a large number didn’t apply because they followed the rules and didn’t qualify to apply for EOI2020. Some only moved to Canada in 2018-2020. There are secret settlements but would also be nice to see IRCC following their own rules. That said parent sponsorship is not guaranteed. The waitlist to sponsor parents will get longer and with our ageing population and HC system in crisis it may be very hard to justify these types of programs while longterm taxpayers struggle to access care. Most countries do not allow parent sponsorship with access to public healthcare. There is a large percentage of Canadian who don’t know the PGP program exists.

Reactions: shaazdeh

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would suggest suing IRCC if you have the funds. Makes me very frustrated to see that some who didn’t qualify for EOI2020 are being approved because they met LICO for past 3 years. They have benefitted from being in the pool and have had an increase chance of being selected while a large number didn’t apply because they followed the rules and didn’t qualify to apply for EOI2020. Some only moved to Canada in 2018-2020. There are secret settlements but would also be nice to see IRCC following their own rules. That said parent sponsorship is not guaranteed. The waitlist to sponsor parents will get longer and with our ageing population and HC system in crisis it may be very hard to justify these types of programs while longterm taxpayers struggle to access care. Most countries do not allow parent sponsorship with access to public healthcare. There is a large percentage of Canadian who don’t know the PGP program exists.
for me you either do not have the program or when you do, put a bit of effort to make it fair.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Totally Agree

Reactions: find_anand

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
The main issue is for ageing parents , clearing medical is challenge and as waiting year increase , it will get more worse.

Reactions: find_anand

ss_88

Oct 17, 2023
Can the spouse who became pr in 2019 through spousal sponsorship be included in the application as a cosigner??

jeychie18

Nov 30, 2016
I did not see anyone posting that they got invite TODAY! So I guess its all done now this year! Sucks for us who didn’t get invited again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was wondering whether sponsored persons need to wait till a certain period before they can sponsor someone else
Only certain categories and under certain circumstances. Doesn't apply to PGP.

confusedcai

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Nomination.....
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
11-06-2015
Passport Req..
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
For those that have filled out their application, for the Schedule A (Background/Declaration), Section D: Personal History

Do you also include the times when you just travelled for a couple of days? For example, my mom went to the US for 3 days, and also to HongKong and Macau for 2 days in the past 10 years.

Thank you! And good luck to all those that are still waiting