Naytov

Jan 11, 2021
Unfortunately looks like CIC pause everything :(:(:(

Portal shows Background check in process since November 28, 2023

katezhu

Mar 7, 2023
Unfortunately looks like CIC pause everything :(:(:(

Portal shows Background check in process since November 28, 2023
I searched online and get the information: If GCKey account shows "background check in process", which means background check finished.

My parents' case is in security and criminality check. However, GCkey account shows "No backgound check".

May I ask a question about your parents' background: did they have military services history?

lahz

Mar 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share an update on my parents' application progress for those who have been waiting for a long time without any updates. I hope this will be helpful to anyone who is still waiting to hear back.

Application Submitted: 24-Dec-2022
Linked Application in IRCC My Account: 5-Jun-2023 Used last name and passport number since we hadn’t heard back since we submitted the application.
AOR: 5-Jul-2023 (Mississauga Office); this came in the mail. It was probably prompted by my phone call to IRCC to let them know I never received an AOR.
Biometric Instruction Letter: 19-Jan-2024
Sponsor Approval: 24-Jan-2024 (forwarded to Vancouver Office)

Hopefully, the application won't get stuck in a loop at the Vancouver office, and things will start moving faster from here on.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
I am still waiting for any progress on my in-laws application.
last letter we received was back in September 2023, about meeting the requirement for eligibility as a sponsor and that the application is moved to Vancouver office. since then nothing.
Also, i couldn't link their application using the UNI or Application number that was on the letter we received in Sept. it was addressed to my wife.
ecas are showing nothing. we are kind of worried.
the online portal where we submitted the application is still show "SUBMITTED"
are there more people in the same boat? why they are taking so much time?

Naytov

Jan 11, 2021
I searched online and get the information: If GCKey account shows "background check in process", which means background check finished.

My parents' case is in security and criminality check. However, GCkey account shows "No backgound check".

May I ask a question about your parents' background: did they have military services history?
Nope

Reactions: katezhu

Harsimran1606

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Application Submitted Dec 2022
AOR March 2023
Add Doc Request Aug 2023
Biometrics request 5 Jan 2024
Medical request 8 Jan 2024
Sponsor Approval 9 Jan 2024
PCC & RPRF Request 9 Jan 2024
Medical Passed 21 Jan 2024
RPRF PCC Submitted 23 Jan 2024

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Application Submitted Dec 2022
AOR March 2023
Add Doc Request Aug 2023
Biometrics request 5 Jan 2024
Medical request 8 Jan 2024
Sponsor Approval 9 Jan 2024
PCC & RPRF Request 9 Jan 2024
Medical Passed 21 Jan 2024
RPRF PCC Submitted 23 Jan 2024
Can you share which visa office?

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share an update on my parents' application progress for those who have been waiting for a long time without any updates. I hope this will be helpful to anyone who is still waiting to hear back.

Application Submitted: 24-Dec-2022
Linked Application in IRCC My Account: 5-Jun-2023 Used last name and passport number since we hadn’t heard back since we submitted the application.
AOR: 5-Jul-2023 (Mississauga Office); this came in the mail. It was probably prompted by my phone call to IRCC to let them know I never received an AOR.
Biometric Instruction Letter: 19-Jan-2024
Sponsor Approval: 24-Jan-2024 (forwarded to Vancouver Office)

Hopefully, the application won't get stuck in a loop at the Vancouver office, and things will start moving faster from here on.
Please keep us posted. In Sep after SA ours was moved from Mississauga to Vancouver. Since then pin drop silence.

Reactions: lahz

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello, we were asked for the government service form IMM0149e last week from Missg. office. We were already asked for this information (we provided this in table form (for the visitors visa), not in the 0149e. The visitors visa was stuck for almost a year and then got approved. Will the PR application now get stuck for another year as well due to them asking for this form, or will the checks performed for the visitors visa when we submitted the table be applied towards the PR as well? Thanks.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Did you try getting gcms notes?
Nope. Haven't heard of applications moving in Vancouver. So feel gcms notes are not going to help in processing faster. If applications in Vancouver start moving and still we don't hear back for a couple of months then will ask for gcms notes.

Harsimran1606

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hi today background status changed from in progress to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”

What does it really mean?

katezhu

Mar 7, 2023
Hi today background status changed from in progress to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”

What does it really mean?
My parents' case is in security check, criminality check and eligibility review. However, the background status shows "Not applicable".