+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
Thanks very much. This information is so helpful. So I can apply for OHIP even without opening the bank account with the Travel Insurance document.

UPDATE - looks like the Travel Insurance is not accepted as an address proof.
I’m n my case lady at counter accepted travel document as address proof. I think it depends on person to person, as they only want to see the address proof they never take it as hard copy or soft copy.

Reactions: techie85

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Which service Ontario did you went can you please let me know. After opening account in bank I went to service Ontario in Ajax and they said that pre authorization form from bank is not valid address proof you have to wait till you get bank statement.
You should try showing the printed Client Card which RBC gives right away, which has the address as well as the RBC logo on the top. I think the other person was mentioning the same. This worked for me as well today. Also, make sure you take that document back because it has all the bank information and you don't want to leave it with them.

Reactions: jessiezhai

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
You have mixed up. PR status do not "expired". You will receive a PR card and that card will have an expiry date (usually 5 years).
You will need to make sure that you meet your PR residency obligation (live in Canada at least 2 years within the first 5 years since landing/getting your eCOPR).

You need a valid PR card to travel back to Canada via commerical transport (flight, train, bus, ship, ferry ...etc)

To renew your PR card, you will need to meet your RO and apply inside Canada.
Oh that's interesting. Are you saying that PR status never expires?

But looks like this page says that we have to be in Canada for 730 within last 5 years to maintain the PR status.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html -> under Time lived in Canada

Did I understand something wrong.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Oh that's interesting. Are you saying that PR status never expires?

But looks like this page says that we have to be in Canada for 730 within last 5 years to maintain the PR status.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html -> under Time lived in Canada

Did I understand something wrong.
PR status NEVER expires BUT if you do not meet RO (730 within last 5 years), your PR status could be revoked (taken away).
So there is no automatic expiry. But you cannot renew your PR card if you do not meet RO. And you likely cannot sponsor families if you do not meet your RO.

N-R-J

Dec 20, 2018
Hi all,

We received Portal 1 email on December 20th and responded on the same day. However, we have not yet received the login information for PR portal. Is anyone else experiencing a similar situation? Based on what I've read here, I was under the impression that we should have received a response by now :(

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

We received Portal 1 email on December 20th and responded on the same day. However, we have not yet received the login information for PR portal. Is anyone else experiencing a similar situation? Based on what I've read here, I was under the impression that we should have received a response by now :(
Check your spam email, could be the case that it was delivered there.

Reactions: N-R-J

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

I had received the eCOPR few days back. I hope we don't have to do anything else for the PR card application other than whatever information we gave in the portal 2.

Is there a way to link the PR card application (whatever might have been initiated automatically) to the PR portal or the CIC account to check the progress or track something.

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

I had received the eCOPR few days back. I hope we don't have to do anything else for the PR card application other than whatever information we gave in the portal 2.

Is there a way to link the PR card application (whatever might have been initiated automatically) to the PR portal or the CIC account to check the progress or track something.
Can someone help on this query if someone knows, would appreciate it.

ameens313

Mar 16, 2023
Hi guys, got Sponsor approval today (please confirm if that's what this document is).
Application Submitted: 25-Dec-2022
AOR: 3-Mar-2023 (Mississauga Office)
Additional Docs Request, Submitted on: 14-Sep-2023 (National IDs)
Additional Docs Request (Proof of Income 2022): 11-Jan-2024
Additional Docs Submitted: 11-Jan-2024
Sponsor Approval: 17-Jan-2024

Today's letter is asking to make sure all docs are submitted.
Medical (Feb 2023) and Biometrics were already submitted beforehand. Should I redo Medicals/Biometrics?

Is this letter considered as request for PCC? Or should I wait for PCC request from IRCC?

What is the estimated processing time from this stage? Anyone else with similar timeline?

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All 2021 and 2022 applicants ,
anyone any update from Vancouver Immigration office since January 2024 ?

seems they are still way behind in processing and updating

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello, our application background check section went from one status (I think it was required) to not applicable. What does this mean? What is the next step in the process? Thanks!

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

This might be a basic question but I still want to confirm and make sure I don't miss anything.

My mother had come to Canada in Jul 2023 on tourist visa and her return was planned on end of Jan 2024 as per 6 month guidelines. But she has got her PR approved just few days back and she has got the eCOPR but not the PR card yet. Can she now continue to stay after 6 months completion? Is there a need to inform IRCC or anyone that she has received the PR visa and so now she is not planning to return from Canada on the date as informed before.

Thanks in advance.