+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
To members who had got Pr approvals or facing such like situation ------
My mother is government employee and father already retired ,
I have some questions -
At which stage, my parents will be assumed to be permanent resident of Canada ? First ,when they get pr approval ? or second when they actually land in Canada ?
This I am asking because parents can not get PR during their jobs as per government rules .
And secondly, if they receive final approval or passport requests , can they deliberately delay landing process in Canada for some time say 3-4 months time ? ie on which basis ircc give deadline to land in Canada ? So that my mother could plan to apply for her premature retirement .
1. Becomes PR when they land in canada and get the stamped copr.
2. Check medical letter date and the expiry of the medical is the date that will be on "immigrant visa".
so if the medical is expiring in dec and you get PPR now then that is the time you will have to finish the landing and complete the process.

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Folks please help me, I found the below two

Yep status on GCKey,

Final decision - November 16, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Not sure how long the waits gonna be. Unable to logon to the tracker as well
I got the same Final Decision from GCKey today. I will see what will happen tomorrow.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Congrats everyone. For those posting updates for passport requests etc, please do share your timelines so we have a clearer picture on where we should be, if there is any concern for those still waiting and any advice/guidance forward would be very helpful. thank you! :)
It is probably best to add your timelines to your signature as it doesn't seem as if the spreadsheet is getting updated. See my signature for reference.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
1. Becomes PR when they land in canada and get the stamped copr.
2. Check medical letter date and the expiry of the medical is the date that will be on "immigrant visa".
so if the medical is expiring in dec and you get PPR now then that is the time you will have to finish the landing and complete the process.

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
Thanks so much for your reply and timely Guidance. !!
we have received AoR , biomatric and eligibility letter till now ,pcc was submitted upfront.
Medical letter still awaited. As per your reply, i understand that if we receive medical in nov 23 and do it in December 23 , we would get landing time up to December 2024 , is this my interpretation correct?
And in this way , my mother can be in job up to November or December 2024 atleast.

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
Thanks so much for your reply and timely Guidance. !!
we have received AoR , biomatric and eligibility letter till now ,pcc was submitted upfront.
Medical letter still awaited. As per your reply, i understand that if we receive medical in nov 23 and do it in December 23 , we would get landing time up to December 2024 , is this my interpretation correct?
And in this way , my mother can be in job up to November or December 2024 atleast.
Yes, you got it right.
If you have not received the medical request yet then whenever you will complete the medical, it will be 1 year after that.

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
We received medical today and pcc was done in November 2022 and it was done upfront and was attached with original application submitted in December 2022.
I have read somewhere that our deadline to land in Canada will be up to one year from medical date or pcc expiry date whichever is earlier (either one year from medical date or pcc expiry date which ever is earlier). As we know expiry date of medical is one year and what about expiry date of pcc ?
Can you throw some light on
such like situations
Thanks

ronan2023

Dec 5, 2022
The expiry date on visa is linked with medical date.
Means the visa will expire 1 year after the medical is given.
For example you gave medical on 20th Dec 2022 so medical is valid till 20th Dec 2023. Now if you get PPR then you will have to land before 20th Dec 2023.
Thank you so much for the info Faaarii!

lanreade

Apr 22, 2013
Any news from Montreal IRCC office? I have been waiting for over six months for medical and PCC requests for my parents.

haroon66

Aug 25, 2023
One old person received PGP immigrants visa but due to some unavoidable situation he is not landing Canada if his visa is expired in this time what’s the steps he can take. Someone can help in this regards?

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

We have got a letter in the IRCC account for my mother's PR application, this is a snippet from that letter:

After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You
must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the
processing of your application.
<UCI> - <Mother name>:
> Police Certificate: You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from India.
Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificate:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/policecertificates/how.html
This must be received at this office by: 2023/11/29

I just want to know that is this the standard format for the PCC request only or do I need to inform something about the current address as well? I see an option to upload the PCC in GC Key account login, can I simply upload the PCC once I get it or I need to tell something about address as well?

Also, I am likely not going to receive the PCC by 29th Nov, so I am planning to first simply ask for extension by submitting a Webform request, is there any other way.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
One old person received PGP immigrants visa but due to some unavoidable situation he is not landing Canada if his visa is expired in this time what’s the steps he can take. Someone can help in this regards?
If the COPR is expired, then he need to re-apply. Wait for the PGP invitaion to open again in the coming years and hopefully win the lottery to sponsor.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Anyone here with military service record?

Im applying for my fathers PR. He has military service record from back in the 90s. I am filling the form IMM 5546e - Details of military service. I have 2 questions:

1) Do we need to fill name of commanding officer as well as Corps commander and regiment commander?
2) Will they request extra documentation for military service? Usually military records are confidential. I doubt my father can get a detailed history letter from the military