+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
My mom's file is updated to medical passed on Nov9/2023. We did not do any medical exam recently. As my mom is currently in Canada-Medical done in 2019 for Supervisa accepted for PGP. Hope everyone's application get processed faster than this current pace. Loosing my patience.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

CadWorried22

Oct 11, 2023
Hey guys does anyone know if the applications from December 2022 got to do the medical examination?
Could it be that this applications get their medical exam in Januar or Februar 2024? Thanks a lot for any response!

JR Bains

Aug 26, 2023
Hello friends, I received passport submission request on Friday.
Vfs is the only way? Do they pick up and drop off from your door? We r located in Amritsar and centre I believe is in jalandhar?
How long to get the visa ? Is that an entry visa to Canada or pr visa?
Next step to book ticket? Or is there anything else ?

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Hey guys does anyone know if the applications from December 2022 got to do the medical examination?
Could it be that this applications get their medical exam in Januar or Februar 2024? Thanks a lot for any response!
If your parents are already in Canada and had medical for visit visa within 5yrs they will not need medical. Please see below link.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Vfs is the only way? Do they pick up and drop off from your door? We r located in Amritsar and centre I believe is in jalandhar?
Yes you need to book and passport submission app. Online then go vfs jalandhar and submit passport

For us it took total 23 days and it will come with immigratant visa with copr and they have to land in canada before that expiry

Once you know the expiry you can book the tickets accordingly

Reactions: JR Bains

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
This is the error I receive when trying to create a tracker account at https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register, my PGP application shows "Final Decision - Nov 16... In Progress...."

Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

Am I missing something? please help

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
Congratulations!!

Reactions: JR Bains

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Congrats everyone. For those posting updates for passport requests etc, please do share your timelines so we have a clearer picture on where we should be, if there is any concern for those still waiting and any advice/guidance forward would be very helpful. thank you! :)

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
To members who had got Pr approvals or facing such like situation ------
My mother is government employee and father already retired ,
I have some questions -
At which stage, my parents will be assumed to be permanent resident of Canada ? First ,when they get pr approval ? or second when they actually land in Canada ?
This I am asking because parents can not get PR during their jobs as per government rules .
And secondly, if they receive final approval or passport requests , can they deliberately delay landing process in Canada for some time say 3-4 months time ? ie on which basis ircc give deadline to land in Canada ? So that my mother could plan to apply for her premature retirement .

ronan2023

Dec 5, 2022
Yes you need to book and passport submission app. Online then go vfs jalandhar and submit passport

For us it took total 23 days and it will come with immigratant visa with copr and they have to land in canada before that expiry

Once you know the expiry you can book the tickets accordingly
Hello Rsing,

May I ask how long is the visa last for from the day you got your stamp? Since We're in the final step and want to plant a head with the timeline.

Thank you!

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
Hello Rsing,

May I ask how long is the visa last for from the day you got your stamp? Since We're in the final step and want to plant a head with the timeline.

Thank you!
The expiry date on visa is linked with medical date.
Means the visa will expire 1 year after the medical is given.
For example you gave medical on 20th Dec 2022 so medical is valid till 20th Dec 2023. Now if you get PPR then you will have to land before 20th Dec 2023.

Reactions: ronan2023