+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
They are booked until sep. I would say just take any earlier you can get from anywhere in punjab

Check here i see dates availability for next day too

https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/apptAvailStatusGrid

You do all the application online and pay the fees 500rd by indian card since they didnt accept my td credit card i used idbi bank credit card of my parents

Then they will just go there with the confirmation you and they will receive on phone and email let me know if still have prob. Doing it but dont waste time send them earliest available passport office !!
Hi One question after we book appointment is it possible to change date and location if we get earlier appointment some where else ?

Lay Tailor

Jun 13, 2018
I was in the exact same situation, but after checking with my lawyer, and both of us really digging into the law books. You will lose the opportunity to sponsor your parents if you leave Canada for even a vacation for more than a month/ish - let alone move to another country for work. I had to reject the offer from USA. I suggest you do the same. I know its hard, but have to be done!

If youd like me to provide you with the exact clause from the law, let me know i can post it.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I would much appreciate if you can provide that info. Looks like I gotta let this go.

LolaPM

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone!

Providing a quick update on the petition to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. The petition already gathered 386 signatures and needs to collect 500 signatures before June 19th to be presented at the House of Commons.

If you're already in the process of submitting documents for the PGP program, there are asks of this petition that can help you as well! For example, the ask to implement processing standards to ensure that families are reunited in a reasonable period of time.

Please, share and sign!

Thank you!

nirvanas

Oct 17, 2022
They are booked until sep. I would say just take any earlier you can get from anywhere in punjab

Check here i see dates availability for next day too

https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/apptAvailStatusGrid

You do all the application online and pay the fees 500rd by indian card since they didnt accept my td credit card i used idbi bank credit card of my parents

Then they will just go there with the confirmation you and they will receive on phone and email let me know if still have prob. Doing it but dont waste time send them earliest available passport office !!
PSK website is only showing PSK offices for Amritsar as the place of birth is Amritsar. It does not show the rest of the PSK offices in Punjab. How do you take the appointment for another location? Also, are the PCC from Punjab Police (https://ppsaanjh.in/) acceptable?

Last edited:

ss123456ss

Jun 8, 2023
PSK website is only showing PSK offices for Amritsar as the place of birth is Amritsar. It does not show the rest of the PSK offices in Punjab. How do you take the appointment for another location? Also, are the PCC from Punjab Police (https://ppsaanjh.in/) acceptable?
I don't think you can get PCC appointment anywhere else except your regional PSK. You can get a passport appointment for sure as per my information. It won't let you book the PCC at another PSK when you enter the place of birth as an example Amritsar.
You can go to Amritsar Court and there a lot of agents there who can get you the appointment within a week, It's just a whole lot of scam going on there.

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I would much appreciate if you can provide that info. Looks like I gotta let this go.
Approved sponsorship application

For the purposes of Part 5,

(b)
a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class and their accompanying family members shall not become permanent residents unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members is in effect and the sponsor who gave that undertaking still meets the requirements of section 133 and, if applicable, section 137.

If you are no longer residing in Canada, then you would no longer meet the requirements of section 133, and your family members would no longer be eligible to become permanent residents.

Section 133 (1)(a) states:

133 (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor

(a) is a sponsor as described in section 130;

Section 130 (1)(a) states:

Sponsor

(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who

(b) resides in Canada;

Here is an excerpt from a case that discusses what it means to “reside in Canada”:

[15] Neither the Act nor the Regulations define what it means to be a resident. The leading case with regard to residency for the purpose of sponsorship is Iao[3].

[16] In Iao Chief Justice Crampton cited Koo[4], which identified six questions to be addressed in determining whether an applicant for citizenship is “regularly, normally or customarily” resident in Canada. That test was modified in Gao[5] in order to be applicable in the spousal sponsorship context. As Justice Crampton stated: The focus of this modified test was stated to be upon whether the appellant had ‘centralized his mode of living in Canada’”. He then listed the factors to consider:

i) Was the individual physically present in Canada for a long period prior to recent absences, which occurred immediately before or during the application to sponsor the applicant for a permanent resident visa?

ii) What is the extent of the appellant’s physical absences?

iii) Where are the appellant’s immediate family and dependents?

iv) Does the pattern of physical presence in Canada indicate a returning home or merely visiting the country?

v) What is the quality of the connection with Canada: Is it more substantial than that which exists with any other country?

As you can see, the test of whether a sponsor “resides in Canada” is highly fact specific. There are no specific number of days that you need to be residing in Canada in order to satisfy this test, but a short trip for tourism purposes should not result in a finding that you are no longer residing in Canada. “Living in some other country for a few months” would depend on the specific circumstances.

Please note that if you move, you are required to update IRCC with your change in residential address.

Hope this helps

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All. I live in Toronto ,ON , I received Sponsor approval letter couple of days ago , the concern is they moved the application to Vancouver for further processing depending on the application address . why not Mississauga office. Did any one else find the same situation.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

anyusernameisgood

Jun 24, 2021
Hi All. I live in Toronto ,ON , I received Sponsor approval letter couple of days ago , the concern is they moved the application to Vancouver for further processing depending on the application address . why not Mississauga office. Did any one else find the same situation.
Got the same today for grandparents - moved to Vancouver office even though applicant plans to move to Mississauga. Did some research on forum here today and seems it is not cause for concern.

Now to find out what is next for timeline... have you been able to link GC-key account?

c93liu

May 26, 2023
Same for me as well. The office is selected based on the address of your sponsored applicant(s), not your address. As per the approval letter: "This office was selected based on your relative’s home address...".

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Got the same today for grandparents - moved to Vancouver office even though applicant plans to move to Mississauga. Did some research on forum here today and seems it is not cause for concern.

Now to find out what is next for timeline... have you been able to link GC-key account?
yes i was able to link application, through application number and first and Last name

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
That’s awesome! What your timeline.