+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
I still don't know why I can't link my application after receiving a sponsor letter from IRCC.
First and Last name should be same as you placed in online application , remembers its case sensitive so typo error
2ndly use application number or UCI number( UCI number remain same if you ever have applied their visit visa you can take from there)

Thanks

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Important queries,

Is that mandatory to link the application under GCKEY login? I have applied through given link of IRCC when I got invitation letter for application of my parents. That portal does not shows anything.

It only shows the status of application: Submitted
and Action: View, delete (both of them are greyed out)

I am wondering, do I need to link my application under GC key login? FYI, I have GC key login when I applied for my parents visit visa.

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Important queries,

Is that mandatory to link the application under GCKEY login? I have applied through given link of IRCC when I got invitation letter for application of my parents. That portal does not shows anything.

It only shows the status of application: Submitted
and Action: View, delete (both of them are greyed out)

I am wondering, do I need to link my application under GC key login? FYI, I have GC key login when I applied for my parents visit visa.
I guess so. In the future you will have to submit doc through that account as required. Also you can check the application status.

LolaPM

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the petition to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. We already received the support from the Member of Parliament, and now the petition needs to collect 500 signatures before June 19th to be presented at the House of Commons. NOTE: Anyone in Canada can sign the petition, you don't have to be a citizen or PR. The petition benefits those who has already applied for the PGP program as well, so please, consider supporting it!

I would be very grateful if you could sign it and share with your friends and on socials.

Thank you,

Lola

lahz

Mar 17, 2017
If it could help anyone in the same boat as me.

I received my invitation on October 14 and applied on Dec 24. I haven't received any correspondence from IRCC since I applied beside the automated response on Dec 24 after applying. I've been trying to link the application to GCKey and last week Wednesday, I was finally able to do it.

I used the last name and passport number since I didn't have the applicant UCI and/or application number. Number of people in the application include sponsor, co-sponsor, principal applicants plus dependents.

I still haven't received any correspondence from IRCC but hopefully things will start moving soon.

Reactions: YVR123

Rickie s

Aug 1, 2018
My father was stayed in canada for more than 6 months, IRCC requested pcc for india and any other country where they stayed for more than 6 months
Do I also need PCC for Canada as well, Now he is in India. I had already applied for Indian PCC
How can I apply for Canadian PCC, please advise

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022

I received my invitation on October 14 and applied on Dec 24. I haven't received any correspondence from IRCC since I applied beside the automated response on Dec 24 after applying. I've been trying to link the application to GCKey and last week Wednesday, I was finally able to do it.

I used the last name and passport number since I didn't have the applicant UCI and/or application number. Number of people in the application include sponsor, co-sponsor, principal applicants plus dependents.

I still haven't received any correspondence from IRCC but hopefully things will start moving soon.
Call this number 1-888-242-2100 from within Canada

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the petition to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. We already received the support from the Member of Parliament, and now the petition needs to collect 500 signatures before June 19th to be presented at the House of Commons. NOTE: Anyone in Canada can sign the petition, you don't have to be a citizen or PR. The petition benefits those who has already applied for the PGP program as well, so please, consider supporting it!

I would be very grateful if you could sign it and share with your friends and on socials.

Thank you,

Lola
I suggest not to hijack the others platform. This forum is for 2022 nominees only

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM

I had same situation and later found out it was 1 day after the aor date that i was able to link the application

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
My father was stayed in canada for more than 6 months, IRCC requested pcc for india and any other country where they stayed for more than 6 months
Do I also need PCC for Canada as well, Now he is in India. I had already applied for Indian PCC
On your letter if it does not say ( multiple ) then you do not need PCC from canada .

Reactions: Rickie s

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
To my understanding yes, you need a canadian
On your letter if it does not say ( multiple ) then you do not need PCC from canada .
Just out of curiosity, your signature says you got invited on October 14th and you submitted the application in 6 days!!!! How did you do that? did you prepare before? It took me 2 months almost to collect the information and submit the application.

Reactions: Rickie s

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Is Your pcc says multiple after the name?? If yes you do need canadian pcc

As i did too this will save your time and rest of mind that you have provided we did too !!

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
@Modds please advice..

No correspondence from IRCC on my application since it was submitted in mid Nov. Today I linked my PGP application to GCKey using the last name and passport. Status shows submitted.

Application was filled in Nov 2022. I have a new born this January, My parents got their visitor visa this Feb. I just got my application number after linking the file to my GC Key, should I raise a webform to add these info?

Thanks in advance

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
@Modds please advice..

No correspondence from IRCC on my application since it was submitted in mid Nov. Today I linked my PGP application to GCKey using the last name and passport. Status shows submitted.

Application was filled in Nov 2022. I have a new born this January, My parents got their visitor visa this Feb. I just got my application number after linking the file to my GC Key, should I raise a webform to add these info?

Thanks in advance
Its really important to update any change in application so do update child birth

Is your parents coming to canafa now?