+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

gggss

Apr 16, 2023
Can anyone pls tell me that which PCC do we need to submit? as there are two different pcc i.e. one from Passport office and other from local Police office via DC etcs in Sanjh kendras (In Punjab)....(I didnt yet got official request for the pcc yet)

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Can anyone pls tell me that which PCC do we need to submit? as there are two different pcc i.e. one from Passport office and other from local Police office via DC etcs in Sanjh kendras (In Punjab)....(I didnt yet got official request for the pcc yet)
We did it from passport office!!

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I just received letter subject "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter XXXXXXXX". The letter says "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga". The letter is a 5 pages long letter. It also states "Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:" And it list all the documentation requirements which I already submitted all of them except the medical exam and police certificate. This is a generic letter and I guess everyone must be receiving the same letter.

My questions:
1. Do I need to take any action?
2. For the medical exam, it says "Immigration Medical Examination: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must each complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of this application. Instructions for the medicals will be sent separately. Please complete all required testing within the timeframe specified on the instructions." So I need to wait for the instruction letter first?
3. For the Police certificate, should I start to work on it now? Or they will request again in future? As I know the validity of the Police certificate is only 1 year.
4. My parents now is living in Canada as a visitor for more than 6 months, do they need Police certificate from Canada?

Thanks!
Your letter should be approval letter. I have the same status. I did not take actions until now I received a letter requesting PCC. Hope it's helpful to you.

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Hello everyone I received this email three days back. I sent the C Option through by post. -- Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.

If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

For more information, we suggest consulting the following online services: pls tell me what's next? I am unable to link my application.

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Hi all, I have following question if someone can help understand.

I had applied for the PR application for my mother. I had received following email in last week of Feb '23:

This refers to your application for sponsorship of a parent or grandparent (PGP) submitted in
2022. A review indicates that the application you submitted does not meet the
requirements for processing as the application is incomplete.
Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is
missing or incomplete:
<some number> - <Mother name>
 IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and
dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all
dependants aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must
sign their own copy of this form by hand.

So actually I missed putting my information in the children section for mother's form. Probably that is why this email.

But few days later (first week of Mar '23) I got another email which looks like an AOR which says the following:

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
<Mother name>
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

I sent the form requested in first email about a week ago.

But I am still not able to link the application.

Can someone let me know if at this stage I should be able to link the application or not yet?

I got the same email, I sent the documents. They sent me an email that they have received my application, Thats it.

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Can someone help me to link the application to GCKey? Do we need to link the application from my account or from my mother's account? We both have separate My CIC account.

I tried from my mother's account as below - no luck:
Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-category: Family Class (Parent and grandparent)
Application details: Application num & UCI (Got the application num. Wondering whose UCI needs to enter Mom's or mine?)
Applicant's personal info: Passport (Used my mom's passport info)
Province:
City:
Current marital status: (mom's or mine?)
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: (My husband is a co-signer and I am the sponsor, Primary applicant is my mom & we provided info about my brother but we haven't included him - What would be the count?)

Please help!

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Can someone help me to link the application to GCKey? Do we need to link the application from my account or from my mother's account? We both have separate My CIC account.

I tried from my mother's account as below - no luck:
Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-category: Family Class (Parent and grandparent)
Application details: Application num & UCI (Got the application num. Wondering whose UCI needs to enter Mom's or mine?)
Applicant's personal info: Passport (Used my mom's passport info)
Province:
City:
Current marital status: (mom's or mine?)
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: (My husband is a co-signer and I am the sponsor, Primary applicant is my mom & we provided info about my brother but we haven't included him - What would be the count?)

Please help!
1. my account or from my mother's account? - You can link the application from your mother's account.
2. Wondering whose UCI needs to enter Mom's or mine? - Need to enter your mother's UCI.
3. Current marital status: (mom's or mine?) - Mother's marital status.
4. Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: (My husband is a co-signer and I am the sponsor, Primary applicant is my mom & we provided info about my brother but we haven't included him - What would be the count?) - Sponsor + Co-signer + primary applicant + number of dependents (if your brother is not a dependent then don't count him).

Reactions: EEMduShan

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
1. my account or from my mother's account? - You can link the application from your mother's account.
2. Wondering whose UCI needs to enter Mom's or mine? - Need to enter your mother's UCI.
3. Current marital status: (mom's or mine?) - Mother's marital status.
4. Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: (My husband is a co-signer and I am the sponsor, Primary applicant is my mom & we provided info about my brother but we haven't included him - What would be the count?) - Sponsor + Co-signer + primary applicant + number of dependents (if your brother is not a dependent then don't count him).
Thank you! It worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: immg.applicant

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
The previous application you may have done for a temporary resident visa. For PR, we need to provide it separately.
Hi, I just linked my application in CIC and they were using my mom's previous biometrics and medicals which were done during her supervisa. Hope this helps!

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
Hello, I was able to link my application today. However, no email for Aor or sponsorship approval was sent. Does this mean that the sponsorship was approved but still need to wait for the official letter?
Can you tell us what info did you use without providing specific details? (e.g. what category, sub-category, what combination of ID did you use, whose UCI did you provide (sponsor or applicants or co-sponsor), whose passport details did you provide; # of applicants you entered for your case (in our case my wife is sponsor, i am co-sponsor, and we are sponsoring our in-laws; we have three kids also; so not sure if that number should be 2, or 4, or 7!)

I am in the same boat with application in mid-nov and no communication whatsoever from IRCC till now. I am also not able to link the application using GCKey.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Can you tell us what info did you use without providing specific details? (e.g. what category, sub-category, what combination of ID did you use, whose UCI did you provide (sponsor or applicants or co-sponsor), whose passport details did you provide; # of applicants you entered for your case (in our case my wife is sponsor, i am co-sponsor, and we are sponsoring our in-laws; we have three kids also; so not sure if that number should be 2, or 4, or 7!)

I am in the same boat with application in mid-nov and no communication whatsoever from IRCC till now. I am also not able to link the application using GCKey.
I managed to link and i m in same boat submitted on 19 dec

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
A friend of mine applied for his parents PR on 16Dec 2022. His parents already had biometric when they applied for tourist visa in 2019.
What are the next steps in this case. There is no AOR so far however my friend (sponsor) has received a letter which says "This letter confirms that your application to sponsor a family member has been received" however when we try to link the application to an online account it doesnt show up.

Not sure about the process. Can anyone please confirm on the process and what could be next. Should we expect AOR at the PA's address or to the SPonsor's email.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Congrats, pls share when was done biometric & medical for supper visa? Thanks
How do you know that they use the Medical too from previous application ? I know they do use Biometric as it shows in the Online account but i don't think we can confirm about that Medical . Does it says Medical Accepted in the online account ?