+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
URGENT request: one month ago, we received a letter asking us to fill out use of rep, and again the additional family info for both parents. We sent it off within a week as per instructions on the letter. I raised a webform asking if they have received all information to which they said they have all documents ready for officer review. Today, a month later we received almost the same letter, asking to fill out use of rep and additional family info for both parents, with slightly different attachment of a different type of consent form. Has anyone received a second letter asking them to resubmit documents already submitted from an earlier letter? Its all very strange. Thanks!
I would say just fill it and send it asap!!

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hello, I was able to link my application today. However, no email for Aor or sponsorship approval was sent. Does this mean that the sponsorship was approved but still need to wait for the official letter?

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Hello all,

Hope to get few answers and appreciate your response. Asking on someone's behalf, my friend got invite and filed PR application for her mother under Parents program. Her mother has visited Canada on a visitor visa.
Note: She did not apply for her father as father is not interested in moving to Canada and is living in a different country as a citizen. Parents have been living separately for a long time and meeting yearly during most of the married life.

She filed application with mother as the principal and only applicant but CIC is asking for few extra forms (IMM5406e, eIMM5669e) to be filled by her father as well.

1. I am not sure but is it the procedure to ask forms to be filled by a parent's spouse, when one is not filling to be an applicant?
Should she clarify again that only mother is wanting to move to Canada?
2. What should be parents marriage status, is it Married or Separated? They are living separately although involuntary not because of a breakdown but due to work and preference reason. Note they do meet regularly yearly or so for a month or over.
3. The parents do not have a marriage certificate as a proof of their wedding. The wedding happened in late 60s and country they married did not require a certificate at that time. What proof or explanation can be provided? The sponsoring child has already shared letter explaining situation.
4. If she is unable to provide further information asked e.g. marriage certificate etc. What could be worst case scenario in addition to application decline?

Any other related information will be appreciated if anybody has knowledge on this matter.

Thanks

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello, I was able to link my application today. However, no email for Aor or sponsorship approval was sent. Does this mean that the sponsorship was approved but still need to wait for the official letter?
Same here. We need to wait for sponsorship approval. It just mean they have moved the application in the system

Reactions: Iyan123

moet_j

Apr 14, 2023
Is any one with XF prefix file number able to link their application?
I'm trying since many days but unable to link it. I was asked to submit imm5406 on 10th March which ii submitted on 15th March 2023.

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Just as a follow up, Quebec MIFI is requesting the latest 2022 Taxation years IT Return and Notice of Assessment. This is after they start processing your Quebec application for PGP. So, if anyone has not done their IT returns, please be aware of this. I got a request yesterday and posted them to MIFI today.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
I have applied for my mom and also receiving mails from IRCC to submit already submitted documents. One mail gives many option to submit the documents and another gives only one option. When I log into the web portal, I am able to view all documents but probably they are not able to and that's the reason documents are requested again. It is frustrating!
Note the latest version of the forms. I just checked...they have a new version of Additional family information released on Feb 2023. This is indeed frustrating.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Btw Help needed with Additional Family Form (new version came out in 02,2023)

1. I know that my mother has to fill out the IMM 5406 ("Additional Family Information") form. However - my father is also required to fill out this form as the spouse of my mother- I'm confused about how to fill it out. On the version of my mother, under "Applicant," I obviously put the name of my mother as the principal applicant. However, on my father version of the form, under "Applicant" whose name must be written? It seems logical to put mother name as she is the principal applicant, however, the forms were returned so I need to make sure I am doing it correctly. Cannot figure what else could be wrong.

2. For empty fields, what do I put?
Thank you in advance,

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Btw Help needed with Additional Family Form (new version came out in 02,2023)

1. I know that my mother has to fill out the IMM 5406 ("Additional Family Information") form. However - my father is also required to fill out this form as the spouse of my mother- I'm confused about how to fill it out. On the version of my mother, under "Applicant," I obviously put the name of my mother as the principal applicant. However, on my father version of the form, under "Applicant" whose name must be written? It seems logical to put mother name as she is the principal applicant, however, the forms were returned so I need to make sure I am doing it correctly. Cannot figure what else could be wrong.

2. For empty fields, what do I put?
Thank you in advance,
Both have to fill up there own forms with there own name on the top only change on forms will be
On mother form mother is applicant father spouse and on father form mother is spouse

I know kinda confusing but keep it simple
Mother form on top mothers name and rest all the information and on father form fathers name on top and rest all the information..

In empty fields old form do say on top if dont know write not applicable which we did !!

Hope this help if not post here again with your question :)

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

syham

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
03-09-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2014
Passport Req..
01-10-2014
Submitted on early Nov and additional docs on early dec. and nothing yet.
HI, Is there any email id or call center line to check the application status? I submitted in 2nd week of Nov. Its is been around 5.5 months now.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
HI, Is there any email id or call center line to check the application status? I submitted in 2nd week of Nov. Its is been around 5.5 months now.
Yes 18882422100 is the no.
And here how you can check
First enter uci
Then select 1 for application
Again 1 do listen what the option is then press 2 for pr application then 3 for application start with F

Then file no. And dob of main applicant then just 1 to skip extra stuff or wait

You can check this way and thats i use it too

syham

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
03-09-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2014
Passport Req..
01-10-2014
Yes 18882422100 is the no.
And here how you can check
First enter uci
Then select 1 for application
Again 1 do listen what the option is then press 2 for pr application then 3 for application start with F

Then file no. And dob of main applicant then just 1 to skip extra stuff or wait

You can check this way and thats i use it too
Thanks. I tried to fetching info about application. IVR voiced no application is in the system.

gggss

Apr 16, 2023
Hi all..cam back on this amazing platform after almost 7 years now...
just want to update abt my. mother's application.
submitted online Dec 9, 2022
Aor in March 3, 2023 via mail.
did gckey acct on 14 april.
nothing after that..
They say biometric dsnt required as they r valid till 2031 frm supervisa in gckey...
Eligibility... In progress
Medicals : You don't need medical exam, we'll let you know if this changes..(did medicals in feb 2022 for supervisa, didnt did it for PR process)
Additional Docs... don't need they say... (but i updated my income docs in webform and got reply in email that they have been attached to my file... but no update in gckey.)
background check : We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need anything.)

just want to ask the experts all these updates are general in gckey or they r different frm what you guys get in ur gckey...

Last edited:
Reactions: dynisious007

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi all..cam back on this amazing platform after almost 7 years now...
just want to update abt my. mother's application.
submitted online Dec 9, 2022
Aor in March 3, 2023 via mail.
did gckey acct on 14 april.
nothing after that..
They say biometric dsnt required as they r valid till 2031 frm supervisa in gckey...
Eligibility... In progress
Medicals : You don't need medical exam, we'll let you know if this changes..(did medicals in feb 2022 for supervisa, didnt did it for PR process)
Additional Docs... don't need they say... (but i updated my income docs in webform and got reply in email that they have been attached to my file... but no update in gckey.)
background check : We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need anything.)
Your aor in post mail or by email? Just ssking as i m out of town and don’t have access to my posts