+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hello everyone,
If I’m the representative for my parents pgp application. Am I able to link the application?

one of the members here mentioned that while trying to link the application, it says “ the application is tied to a representative”
If you applied online then you should have access already if not then who applied that should be the rep.

And that person is me lol !!

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi all,

I had applied to sponsor my mother in Dec 2022.

But I have received an email stating that the application is incomplete. It says that the form Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is not completed fully.

My father passed away so I had filled the form only for my mother, and in the children details I didn't include my details because the form clearly says that fill details for the children who are not Canadian PR or Citizens (I am already a Canadian Citizen). Should I have filled my details too?

Also I didn't fill this form on behalf of my brother (married) or my sister(married), because I though only family members had to fill and children who are not dependency anymore are not considered family. Was this assumption wrong and I should fill the form myself also and ask my siblings also to fill the form and sign?

I would really appreciate if someone can please help with these queries.
So for 5406
Just fill all the info. And what you dont have put n/a but dont leave empty and i did fill mine too even im citizen too and also we filled my sis. Info too

Basically they want form all filled up no matter what. Also fill your mom bro. Sister info proper like if someone deacsssed fill date place and country ..

Howerver we applied through a representative and they asked as 5406 form too so they told me this

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: YVR123

ssenjaliya

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Quick question, I am not able to check eCAS, any suggetions? I tried both ClientID and App # XF...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
process time are too long , it use to be only one year before but since last year it has become worse
It is not a high priority for IRCC compared to most other visas and permits because except a small number of cases the applicants aren’t benefitting Canada and can actually be a large drain on resources. There is clearly a benefit to the actual family but usually not Canada in general. The parents usually have the option to appply to visit on a supervisa while waiting for the their PGP application to be processed. There are very few countries that allow parents and grandparents to be sponsored with access to public healthcare and receive other supports right away or in 10 years. Having the option to sponsor and already being selected means that you have already been quite lucky.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I had applied to sponsor my mother in Dec 2022.

But I have received an email stating that the application is incomplete. It says that the form Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is not completed fully.

My father passed away so I had filled the form only for my mother, and in the children details I didn't include my details because the form clearly says that fill details for the children who are not Canadian PR or Citizens (I am already a Canadian Citizen). Should I have filled my details too?

Also I didn't fill this form on behalf of my brother (married) or my sister(married), because I though only family members had to fill and children who are not dependency anymore are not considered family. Was this assumption wrong and I should fill the form myself also and ask my siblings also to fill the form and sign?

I would really appreciate if someone can please help with these queries.
Not familiar with the new forms but you do need to include your father on your mother’s application as a spouse but then indicate he is deceased. YoI should include death certificate or equI alert.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
I submitted my parents application on Dec 19th 2022

I got a request to send IMM5406e on Feb 21st 2023,

I have few doubts if someone can help:
1. I forgot to include one dead sibling of my mother - Will that be fine if i include them now as i did not mention them in online application?
2. I did not include myself in children when I submitted online. I will add myself now
3. Date of births of my grand parents are unknown, should i fill 1901/01/01? this is what i filled in online application
4. Most the people in this form don't have email addresses, should i write 'Unknown' or 'Not Applicable'?
5. there is only space to add 3 siblings in section C, how do i add more?

If someone could help that will be great. TIA

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hi All,

I had submitted my parents permanent resident application in December 2022 and yesterday we got an update email from IRCC and when I checked online it’s showing status as returned and only detail I can see is incomplete document for Imm5476e(I was the representative)which seems to be due to missing spouse signature.No letter has been by IRCC yet for reason to return.How to do I resubmit the doc? Does a return application mean we can’t reapply as I don’t see any option online to resubmit?
Thank you!

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi All,

I had submitted my parents permanent resident application in December 2022 and yesterday we got an update email from IRCC and when I checked online it’s showing status as returned and only detail I can see is incomplete document for Imm5476e(I was the representative)which seems to be due to missing spouse signature.No letter has been by IRCC yet for reason to return.How to do I resubmit the doc? Does a return application mean we can’t reapply as I don’t see any option online to resubmit?
Thank you!

You can fix your Rep form and submit it using the online web form .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I submitted my parents application on Dec 19th 2022

I got a request to send IMM5406e on Feb 21st 2023,

I have few doubts if someone can help:
1. I forgot to include one dead sibling of my mother - Will that be fine if i include them now as i did not mention them in online application?
2. I did not include myself in children when I submitted online. I will add myself now
3. Date of births of my grand parents are unknown, should i fill 1901/01/01? this is what i filled in online application
4. Most the people in this form don't have email addresses, should i write 'Unknown' or 'Not Applicable'?
5. there is only space to add 3 siblings in section C, how do i add more?

If someone could help that will be great. TIA
1. I think it should be fine to include them now ( Sibling) .
2. Yes you can include yourself , since last time when you submitted it was not a complete form.
3. For date of birth i have seem people putting the best estimated date . But you need to keep this record so it can match all other future application . This is not the best recommended way but i have seen people doing it without any problem as long as you keep this as record and in future you use same date again . I would say wait for other people to respond about this and see what is the best process to include date of death
4. Yes you can use N/A.
5. If you are not able to add more sibling then add a copy of letter and mentioned all other sibling in that latter make sure you submit this letter with the form.

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
You can fix your Rep form and submit it using the online web form .
Thanks for the info! Do you know if IRCC sent a letter with details on the reason to return the application as sometimes its not clear on what is missing in the document other than a message shown against the document online that it is incomplete?

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Curious to know if someone received AOR, I submitted application back in November and got email from them for to resubmit 5426 in December and since then no update. How do I check status of application?
Any help is appreciated

ssenjaliya

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Thank you!
How did you check online? Where? Thank you