+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hi all, I also received an email from IRCC asking to resubmit IMM 5476 (Use of a Representative) using hand-written signatures. I did the whole print-->sign-->scan-->convert to PDF process and emailed it back to IRCC as an attachment. It's been over 3 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back about whether they've received my new form.

A thought occurs: nowhere did the email from IRCC mention any size limit on attachments, but I do recall when first submitting my application that the portal has a size limit of 4MB per file.

Do you think the same 4MB size limit applies to documents emailed to IRCC? Mine is slightly over at 4.3MB. I would hate for my application to be returned or rejected due to something as trivial as this.
Do you remember the date when you initially submit the full application? And how long after that IRCC asked for signatures? Did you send it through portal or used your email?

Jan 2, 2023
Do you remember the date when you initially submit the full application? And how long after that IRCC asked for signatures? Did you send it through portal or used your email?
Application submitted November 14.
IRCC emailed me Dec 7 to resubmit IMM 5476 with handwritten signatures.
I sent the new IMM 5476 in via email, as per their instructions.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi all, I also received an email from IRCC asking to resubmit IMM 5476 (Use of a Representative) using hand-written signatures. I did the whole print-->sign-->scan-->convert to PDF process and emailed it back to IRCC as an attachment. It's been over 3 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back about whether they've received my new form.

A thought occurs: nowhere did the email from IRCC mention any size limit on attachments, but I do recall when first submitting my application that the portal has a size limit of 4MB per file.

Do you think the same 4MB size limit applies to documents emailed to IRCC? Mine is slightly over at 4.3MB. I would hate for my application to be returned or rejected due to something as trivial as this.
You should be okay. Emails can support larger attachments. I think the reason they ask to submit attachments with a smaller size on the portal is so as to not burden their servers with massive attachments. But emails are okay.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
One small correction, IRCC sent 23,100 invites expecting at least 15,000 complete applications. If all 23,100 applicants sent complete applications that qualify then all 23,100 will have to be approved by IRCC. So for now, I would safely assume that 155,313 - 23,100 = 132,213 applicants are in the pool. Only 2023's data will give a clear picture.
one third people who submitted the interest to sponsor form were not qualified at the time of submission , and many still don't qualify so actual number is less than what we expect :)

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Reactions: dpatel08

honylalwani

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
Hello Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update that I tried linking the file to MyCiC account and I was able to successfully link file and to my surprise I was able to see the application number. I have not officially received an AoR though

Sponsored Person: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Your Province: SK
Invitation Date: Oct 17, 2022
Application Submitted Date: Oct 31, 2022

nancymm

Jul 5, 2013
Hello Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update that I tried linking the file to MyCiC account and I was able to successfully link file and to my surprise I was able to see the application number. I have not officially received an AoR though

Hello. How did you link your file? To the sponsor or principal applicant?thank you

honylalwani

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
Hello. How did you link your file? To the sponsor or principal applicant?thank you
I linked it on Principal Applicant - which is my Father's account. I created MyCiC account for him and then linked the application.

That being said, I have been trying to link the application from some time and was able to link it. It depends if the office has assigned the application number or not. If they have not then you will get "No records Found"

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hello Guys,

Thank You for sharing.

The tracker has been updated with your application info too.

Reactions: honylalwani

dynisious007

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hello Guys,

Anyone else had luck in linking the application?

Rick K

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello Guys,

Hello! Can you please guide how to link the file? I have created the account and I can only see application submitted.