+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

maria_28

Dec 15, 2022
Hi i hope anybody can help me with my question, i got an invitation to sponsor my parents. can my husband co sign even he is on wcb, he got injured and i don't know if receiving money from wcb considered as social welfare? Thanks in advance

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi I hope anybody can help me with my question, i got an invitation to sponsor my parents. can my husband co sign even he is on wcb, he got injured and i don't know if receiving money from WCB considered as social welfare? Thanks in advance
Although I do not know the exact answer and cant find it on the website that this is not an income so i would assume this can be included , Also since you get paid WCB only because of work place injury i don't see any reason why they cannot accept/consider this as income . In my opinion this should be counted as a income just like Maternity leave benefit .

May be try to post this question in 2021 PGP group hopefully some one will be able to answer it .

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
1. it was for 2020 PGP. Now you are applying for 2022. So it's the previous 3 years' income. (2021, 2020, 2019)
2. Your father needs to be in the application as non-accompanying. If he is non-accompanying, he will NOT get PR. But he still needs to pass all the checks (medical, police, background) and your income requirement needs to include him when you count number of family members.
Hi, I did not mention my Father's name in interest to sponsor form but now situation has changed and he is willing to wind up business to be PR. Please can you share format of letter of explanation and any other possible good reason to add my father as accompanying spouse with mother as PA.
TIA

maria_28

Dec 15, 2022
Although I do not know the exact answer and cant find it on the website that this is not an income so i would assume this can be included , Also since you get paid WCB only because of work place injury i don't see any reason why they cannot accept/consider this as income . In my opinion this should be counted as a income just like Maternity leave benefit .

May be try to post this question in 2021 PGP group hopefully some one will be able to answer it .
Thank you so much. Appreciate it

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
I received the same email requesting a hand written signature for IMM5476. My online portal application status was showing "returned" instead of "submitted" after I received that email for resubmission of the form. How about yours? The online portal application status?
Hi,
Our online portal shows returned from last week, but have not received any email that why it is returned. we have checked all the emails principal applicant and sponsor but no luck yet. I think we also missed signing 5476 use of rep form. Can you tell me from what email you got the message and do i have to aend the required document (which i dont know) by email or in the portal? Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I did not mention my Father's name in interest to sponsor form but now situation has changed and he is willing to wind up business to be PR. Please can you share format of letter of explanation and any other possible good reason to add my father as accompanying spouse with mother as PA.
TIA
I don't think it's anything unusual to include both of your parents.
As long as your parents are still married, just include you father as the dependent and continue for your mother as the PA.

If you are worried, add a letter of explination. But it's nothing to worry.

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
I don't think it's anything unusual to include both of your parents.
As long as your parents are still married, just include you father as the dependent and continue for your mother as the PA.

If you are worried, add a letter of explination. But it's nothing to worry.
Thank you YVR123.

Sanjeevarao

Sep 27, 2009
Even I got a reminder letter. when I checked my application it shows submitted (submitted on Nov 7th) and I cannot click on view my application. Are any experts here to comment if I need to resubmit my application? In case I resubmit the whole application with another email id, will this be considered a duplicate application? do I need to be concerned?

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
TIA
You cannot sponsor only one parents as long as they are still legally married. You dad will still have to had gone through the whole process even if he was not interested, you'd only have filled the actual application as unaccompanied sponsor.

Since he is ready to be a PR, you then just have to not declare him as unaccompanied.
Use a word document with appropriate address on left and right and To whom it may concern with the title underneath "Fr name missing from interest to sponsor" Explain why his name was missing and how he was intended to be unaccompanied but now he is not. Be brief and straight to the point.

If you're lost Google formal letter online, IRCC does not have a preference on format (or rather they have not informed us about that). I had a number of explanation letter in my apps and we were approved most related to non show stopping issues like yours. I believe your be fine with the explanation.

Make sure you sign the letter.

Thanks,
Nonye