+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hey, I, sponsor, received an email from CPC Mississauga with an attached PDF yesterday. PDF mentions that "A review indicates that the application you submitted does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is incomplete" It Also, Stated, " Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is missing or incomplete". below, they are asking to submit the eIMM5669 (2018-11) version for (principal applicant and dependent) and IMM5406(principal applicant only.) with a handwritten signature. In PDF, they provided a link to download these forms (but not working) along with 30 days deadline to submit and an email address to submit.

My questions:
1> whoever got the email yesterday, was that the same email?
2> In the 2022 PGP application, both forms were submitted online with an edit option and an electronic signature on the PR portal. so, why do they need handwritten signatures with downloaded forms?
3> The link they provided to download eIMM5669 (2018-11) version, is not working so, which version to fill? I can download the (06-2019) version.
when did u submit your application?

Jakedavid007

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
When I reopen the validated IMM 1344, it shows as not validated, but the page with bar code exist as the last page. Wondering if there is anything wrong I did when I filled out the form. Everytime I Open the file, it says,

Co-Signer Contact Information -

The format you entered in the following field was incorrect:

1: Telephone No (Country Code)

The correct format is:

Must be numeric and must not start with '11'

The country code is 1 which is automatically filled in when you select the number as a US/Canada number. I assume this is some issues on the form itself. Did any of you run into this? If so, how did you manage it?

Thanks in advance

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
I am not expert but as far I know you cannot sponsor one parent if you parents are married ( not legally divorced). So in your case your father should be automatically qualify.
Thank you Sameer19.

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
You cannot sponsor only one parents as long as they are still legally married. You dad will still have to had gone through the whole process even if he was not interested, you'd only have filled the actual application as unaccompanied sponsor.

Since he is ready to be a PR, you then just have to not declare him as unaccompanied.
Use a word document with appropriate address on left and right and To whom it may concern with the title underneath "Fr name missing from interest to sponsor" Explain why his name was missing and how he was intended to be unaccompanied but now he is not. Be brief and straight to the point.

If you're lost Google formal letter online, IRCC does not have a preference on format (or rather they have not informed us about that). I had a number of explanation letter in my apps and we were approved most related to non show stopping issues like yours. I believe your be fine with the explanation.

Make sure you sign the letter.

Thanks,
Nonye
Thanks a lot Nonye. My parents did have a representative but he is not helping the way we thought he will. We thought he will take of issues like this but not working out with him. Now the time is less and we are thinking to apply on our own. If we cancel the representative at this time, will it be an issue? TIA
Kg

lanreade

Apr 22, 2013
I received an email to provide additional information, can I send the requested documents through the sponsor's email? IRCC request came through the sponsor's email.

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
When I reopen the validated IMM 1344, it shows as not validated, but the page with bar code exist as the last page. Wondering if there is anything wrong I did when I filled out the form. Everytime I Open the file, it says,

The correct format is:

The country code is 1 which is automatically filled in when you select the number as a US/Canada number. I assume this is some issues on the form itself. Did any of you run into this? If so, how did you manage it?

Thanks in advance
Remove the phone numbers, keep email ids as contact info... phone# is not a mandatory field.

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
I received an email to provide additional information, can I send the requested documents through the sponsor's email? IRCC request came through the sponsor's email.
I dont think it matters who's email he docs are sent from, as long as you reference your temp application#.

when did u submit your application?
and when did you get this email?

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hi, After submitting the application how long it takes to receive next update?
Some folks have already started receiving additional doc reqs for missing/incomplete docs.
Next ideal step would be AOR, based on previous years can take upto 6 months on average.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Some folks have already started receiving additional doc reqs for missing/incomplete docs.
Next ideal step would be AOR, based on previous years can take upto 6 months on average.
Sorry for repeating but what I understand is if there is no additional document request or a rejection for ineligibility then on average I will receive Aor within 6 months?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017

The correct format is:

Thanks in advance
In my case i was getting similar error and then i had to remove the phone number and i provide them in the letter of explanation . i tried to fill multiple forms and it was still not working so better to delete the phone number and validate it . Phone number is not a mandatory field and you are ok if you leave it blank .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks a lot Nonye. My parents did have a representative but he is not helping the way we thought he will. We thought he will take of issues like this but not working out with him. Now the time is less and we are thinking to apply on our own. If we cancel the representative at this time, will it be an issue? TIA
Kg
You can cancel the representative any time you want , Fill out Use of Representative form ( select the option that you want ) and then use the Web Form to submit the form . If you select the new Representative the old one automatically gets removed from their system .

ACD

Jul 22, 2019
Hi, How to find which programmes fall under "social assistance programs" in Nova Scotia?

I wonder if I apply for the "Heating Assistance Rebate Program" in Nova Scotia, would that make me ineligible to sponsor my parents? The programme helps low-income Nova Scotians with the cost of home heating.

Mkulvi

Nov 22, 2016
Hi I am about to submit my application for PGP 2022. I am confused I have heard that each child of the applicant (my dad) has to fill (IMM5660 Background declaration/schedule A and IMM 5476 ( additional family information) separately on the portal. All my dads kids are married above 30 years old. 1 daughter is divorced but she is not financially dependent on him. Please can anyone confirm does the applicant has to fill the IMM5660 and IMM5467 separately on behalf of each child that he has?