+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Anyone can explain what’s happening here:

Hello, we received a letter saying we are not eligible to sponsor but they made a mistake on counting our family size. I am only sponsoring my both of my parents so that’s 2 plus my family (me, my wife, and son=3) my wife just gave birth this year 2022 but they shouldn’t count the baby for the year 2018-2020). My siblings are 22 years old and 34 years old so they are not dependent anymore. I already sent a webform to remove my siblings as dependent as we made a mistake to include them. It is already updated on gckey. Anyone who has the same situation? Please help us as we are only family size of 5 so we meet the needs income requirements.
So did you put your family size as 5 or ?

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Anyone can explain what’s happening here:

Hello, we received a letter saying we are not eligible to sponsor but they made a mistake on counting our family size. I am only sponsoring my both of my parents so that’s 2 plus my family (me, my wife, and son=3) my wife just gave birth this year 2022 but they shouldn’t count the baby for the year 2018-2020). My siblings are 22 years old and 34 years old so they are not dependent anymore. I already sent a webform to remove my siblings as dependent as we made a mistake to include them. It is already updated on gckey. Anyone who has the same situation? Please help us as we are only family size of 5 so we meet the needs income requirements.
If your sibling was under 22 years of age on the date of submitting your file that will be counted as a dependent child. You can not exclude now. To exclude sibling you must required to wait to submit application until your sibling cross 22 years of age. If your sibling was not crossing 22 years age before deadline of submitting application you cannot exclude. You must need to prove LICO for 2+3=5(parents +sibling) family size and from 2022 LICO it would be 6 adding your new born.

Last edited:

nancymm

Jul 5, 2013
Update on our application. We applied on early Nov 2022. Today we received an email from CIC citing that our application is not complete. It suggest that Use of Representative form IMM5476 is incomplete and is missing hand-written signature. They have given us to submit the form with a letter within 30 days via email.
Hello. Did you received the email on the sponsor email or the primary applicant email? Thank you.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Thanks a lot
May be it is important to clarify that in our case the sponsor is the authorized representative of the principal applicant and dependent spouse, though the document request was to send use of representative form with hand-written signature of all the three people involved

Reactions: nancymm

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
May be it is important to clarify that in our case the sponsor is the authorized representative of the principal applicant and dependent spouse, though the document request was to send use of representative form with hand-written signature of all the three people involved
Yes All PA and Sponsors need hand sign.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
My income for 2019 2020 2021 meets the requirements.
Do I still need to keep meeting the income requirement in 2022/2023/2024 till my application gets approved??
Thanks
YES!!! You must maintain until they land otherwise your application will be rejected if they find out you are short anytime before landing.

Ps. IRCC does check that sponsors are meeting the requirement through out the application. The two most common I know they check frequently is; 1.) That you the sponsor still resides in Canada and 2.) That you the sponsors still meets the minimum income requirements.

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Forumates,

I am submitting my Parent's application for PR and in need of a Resume/CV template. at the moment, I'm not sure how does a standard resume looks like for a parent's PR.

Would one of you could share one or suggest anywhere I could find a good resume template for parent's resume for PR ??

Thank you!
Dear All

I am just wondering if anyone could help me with my above request.

Anyone can suggest or describe a good Resume/CV format for my parents PR application please??

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Please tell me how to sign 1344 form..
when i am validating the form it doesnt allow and prompted to fill in Applicant and sponsor signature.