+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I really appreciate your detailed response. Its very helpful for us to wrap our heads around this annoying problem from two years back. The challenge for us is that we dont recall which parents name we put, the mother or the father, we may not have put both or both. This is why we wanted to see how we can login to some site to find out which parent we put. And then have a letter explaining why we are including both parents in the actual application.
Just shrinking the issue here ... its just if you have put name/details of both of your parents (which you should have) or only one? If you do not know then only IRCC can answer that. Its up to you weather to proceed further or not, with or without hiring immigration consultants. If you decide to proceed further to apply, either way, you need to include both of your parents to count towards family size, medical examinations etc (from your words, I am assuming here that your father and mother are still married to each other).

I have not seen any cases, in and out of this forum, neither I found any explanations for such cases on IRCC websites, so its just up to you to take a decision.

What I can say is, if I were you, I would have proceed further as I am okay to risk some 2500$ to immigrate my parents, given I waited for 7-8 years already and not sure how much I need to wait further.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I really appreciate your detailed response. Its very helpful for us to wrap our heads around this annoying problem from two years back. The challenge for us is that we dont recall which parents name we put, the mother or the father, we may not have put both or both. This is why we wanted to see how we can login to some site to find out which parent we put. And then have a letter explaining why we are including both parents in the actual application.
From what I've seen on this forum, I don't think it matters specially if your parents are still married. IRCC expects both parents to tbe included in the application anyway. Choose one you prefer as PA and the other as dependent and apply. Include a letter of explaination if you are worried.

There is no access to the interest to apply that you submitted back then available online to verify. But I really don't think it matters.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
From what I've seen on this forum, I don't think it matters specially if your parents are still married. IRCC expects both parents to tbe included in the application anyway. Choose one you prefer as PA and the other as dependent and apply. Include a letter of explaination if you are worried.

There is no access to the interest to apply that you submitted back then available online to verify. But I really don't think it matters.
merci!!!

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Please share your current timeline in below format to be added to the tracker:

Sponsored Person:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province:
Invitation Date:
Application Submitted Date:
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Hello everyone...need help
trying to upload the documents for parents pr on portal from few days its says there was a technaicall error while handling your request.please try again later.
anyone else facing the same situation or already faced this.please share your experience or what to do..thanks

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hello everyone...need help
trying to upload the documents for parents pr on portal from few days its says there was a technaicall error while handling your request.please try again later.
anyone else facing the same situation or already faced this.please share your experience or what to do..thanks
Each of your file must be less than 4 MB. It happened to me specially with the passport section. Here is how I dealt

1. Scanning only those pages with passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, place and date of birth, visas, stamps, markings, amendments, notes, notices, and citations, whichever is/are applicable
  2. If you have adobe Pro, you can use its feature to reduce the file size
  3. For us, (1) and (2) did reduce the size but did not help enough to reduce the size below 4 MB. We then break the file into two
  4. We wrote a paragraph in the explanation letter explaining (1) and (2) .. as what and why we did

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I have reduced the pixcel
Size of one document. Was trying to upload as JPEG image of document. Reduced pixel to 367* 540 although they accept up to 420*540 pixel and my all pdf file size is in KB.. I don’t know where I am making the mistake
Could it be the name of the file? it does not accept certain characteristics. In one of my file i use ' (e.g., name's passport) .. and the system refused to upload the file.

Very naïve, may be you could try by restarting the computer..

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
I have reduced the pixcel
Size of one document. Was trying to upload as JPEG image of document. Reduced pixel to 367* 540 although they accept up to 420*540 pixel and my
Could it be the name of the file? it does not accept certain characteristics. In one of my file i use ' (e.g., name's passport) .. and the system refused to upload the file.

yeah if the name of file will be incorrect then system will not start uploading the file process it says right way. Anyway I tried different computer also. It says same thing.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017

Try a different web browser

Rick K

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Please share your current timeline in below format to be added to the tracker:

Sponsored Person:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province:
Invitation Date:
Application Submitted Date:
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date
Hi guys, how to check application status online ? I tried with UCI but it didn’t work.

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Guys,

For 2022 Intake, I am the only sponsor and wife is not a co-signer as my salary is more than enough as per IRCC website.

In IMM5768, it asks "Is my spouse a co-signer" - I said NO

Also for Question 16, i said NO (as she is not co-sponsoring).

But in Q 16, it says if you say no, please file IMM5748.

My question to the members here is " If my wife is not a co-signer and if i put NO to question 16 In IMM5768"

1) Does she still need to sign In IMM5768 Q16 and provide sin #?
2) Do i need to fill IMM5748? IMM 5748 says "Fill this form only if you said NO to Q8 AND Q16 in IMM5768". (I agreed to provide my sin# and signed in Q8 of IMM5768)

Sorry to confuse you....I tried my best and highlighted the words as much as not to confuse anyone. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
N

Last edited:

vicwarm

Aug 25, 2022
My income for 2019 2020 2021 meets the requirements.
Do I still need to keep meeting the income requirement in 2022/2023/2024 till my application gets approved??
Thanks

Sam011

Jun 8, 2015
Anyone can explain what’s happening here:

Hello, we received a letter saying we are not eligible to sponsor but they made a mistake on counting our family size. I am only sponsoring my both of my parents so that’s 2 plus my family (me, my wife, and son=3) my wife just gave birth this year 2022 but they shouldn’t count the baby for the year 2018-2020). My siblings are 22 years old and 34 years old so they are not dependent anymore. I already sent a webform to remove my siblings as dependent as we made a mistake to include them. It is already updated on gckey. Anyone who has the same situation? Please help us as we are only family size of 5 so we meet the needs income requirements.