+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I would recommend to fill out a Representative form and use your address , phone number and name so in case if some thing goes wrong with the file you get the email or letter . My parents also do not speak English so if any thing goes wrong then i will have the authority to call the office and discuss the matter .
Without the representative form they wont give you any specific details about the file . They will only answer the general question .

I have submitted the photo of my parents . its better to include them.

Reactions: YVR123

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hello

I got the invite for PGP program.
My question - Is it something that i can do my self or should i get an agent to complete the application for me?
all the agents that i have contacted are asking for $2500+tax just for application which is quite high.
Has anyone applied themselves?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello

My question - Is it something that i can do my self or should i get an agent to complete the application for me?
all the agents that i have contacted are asking for $2500+tax just for application which is quite high.
I think most people apply themselves , but if you are uncomfortable and getting confused looking at the forms and have never fill out similar forms for yourself before I would recommend to hire a agent . it is always a good idea to hire agent but there is no guarantee that agent don't make mistake but at least they know what information goes in the field that is provided in the form . Most part of the form are very easy but again it depends if you have fill out similar form in the past or not . Or take the help of friend who know more about the forms .

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I think most people apply themselves , but if you are uncomfortable and getting confused looking at the forms and have never fill out similar forms for yourself before I would recommend to hire a agent . it is always a good idea to hire agent but there is no guarantee that agent don't make mistake but at least they know what information goes in the field that is provided in the form . Most part of the form are very easy but again it depends if you have fill out similar form in the past or not . Or take the help of friend who know more about the forms .
thank you
I have applied for spousal Pr i hope its similar.
I will try and go thru the forums my self and see if its something i can do myself.

Meenubarpagga

Oct 27, 2017
Hi
  1. Filling 5768 form, answered yes to take direct information from CRA, but not able to sign?
  2. Family size on form 5768, in employment history section should I include my parents as well.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thank you
I will try and go thru the forums my self and see if its something i can do myself.
I hired a consultant for the spousal PR sponsorship. Then I joined the forum during the process.
And I did the PGP myself. I think it's pretty striaght forward as there is no "story" to tell.

It's fact that those are your parents. :) nothing really need to proof it other than birth certificate. :) (most everyone has it)

Last edited:

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
thank you
Perfect , then you should be able to fill out this form as well , They are not very difficult but consume some time and need to double check just to make sure nothing is missed , Follow the document check list .

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Here is how it goes . Question 3 Current undertaking you counts your parents only so write 2 ( Mom and Dad )
Question 2 has already counted you - 1 ( Now total is 3 )
go down to question number 5 - Your spouse - 1 ( new total is now 4 )
go down again to question number 6 - Every one else ( Your kids ) - if you have one kid write 1
question 7 will auto populate - as per above example it will be 5 ( Auto Populated )

Make sure for all other field enter 0 if that does not apply , so not leave it blank .
Thanks soo much for quick reply, You are awesome.

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hello

I am doing myself. I am sure this group will prove better than hiring a consultant. Here in Edmonton they are charging $2000 and some lesser.

Reactions: maybelady

maybelady

Oct 13, 2022
Hello all,

I am filling the background/declaration form and it asks for address information. As an example:
From date: YYYY/MM To Date: YYYY/MM

My question is for my parents current address, what do I put in the "To Date" because its their current home? Should I put 2022/10 or "CURRENT"?
Any suggestions?

maybelady

Oct 13, 2022
Hello

It is a lot of data for sure, but I think you can do it on your own. You will need to take your time and don't rush it. My husband applied for his mum by himself using the paper forms prior to the portal and it was much more convoluted than this method. I am completing the application for my parents by myself and started last week and I'm almost finished. The key is how quickly you can gather the data you need. You will still need to do this data gathering even if you decide to use a consultant.

Salomey

Jun 26, 2017
Hello All,

Please I wanted to ask, when filing the forms that include dependent children for Principal applicant, do I include a child that is 16 years old?
My mum has a 16year old dependent, but the instructions usually say 18years and older.