+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Are they still sending invitations?
We invited potential sponsors for the 2022 intake
For the 2022 intake, we invited potential sponsors from the pool of 155,313 remaining potential sponsors who submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020. We sent 23,100 invitations to apply in order to reach our goal of accepting up to 15,000 complete applications.

Between October 12 and 20, 2022, we invited potential sponsors to apply. You can check if you were invited using the tool below.

If you were invited to apply, we must receive your application by the deadline shown on your invitation to apply letter.

For the 2022 intake, we emailed you only if you were invited to apply. To make sure you don’t miss our email, do the following:

• Look for our invitation in the same email account you used to submit your interest to sponsor form in 2020.
  • Check your junk and spam folders for our invitation.
  • If we couldn't send the invitation by email, we sent it by mail to the address used to submit your interest to sponsor form in 2020. Check your mailbox.
  • If the tool below says you were invited, but you still don't have the invitation, you can ask for a copy of it using this online form. You should get an answer within 10 business days.
Check your invitation status by entering your confirmation number in the tool below. We emailed you a confirmation number when we received the interest to sponsor form you submitted in 2020.

Answer a few questions to look up your confirmation number and find out if you’re invited to apply.

If you lost or forgot your confirmation number: Check your invitation status through our online form. We’ll respond within 10 business days.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for the info, H&C would not be an option for them as it's not the case. Will try Super Visa are those an easy option for parents or are they strict in approving that also?
If you meet income requirement for super visa and purchase super visa insurnace, it should be OK. There are lots of discussions in the visitor section, check them out and join the discussions there.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visitors.8/

Reactions: dcowboys

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
For Additional family information imm 5408, if the family member is deceased do we still have to provide date of birth?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
For Additional family information imm 5408, if the family member is deceased do we still have to provide date of birth?
enter as much information as possible. I think DOB is needed to identify anyone (deseased or not).
If you do not have the exact date, provide with your best guess and include a letter of explanation.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hi Folks, Thanks again for all the support. I am into completing the application now. I have two road blockers,

1) I do not have a birth certificate, it was optional when I submitted my PR application
2) My parents don't have a marriage certificate. But they are married for the past 39yrs

Any advice is greatly appreciated

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Only the last part of your statement is correct. Everyone including new immigrants who landed in 2022 have every right to enter the PGP pool as soon as it is available to them. IRCC has defined this in plain English, as listed below.

'Expressing interest' is totally different from 'Applying'. 'Applying' happens only after the PGP invite is sent, until then this form is a way to inform IRCC you are interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents. For the 2022 process, IRCC assess sponsors on their income for tax years 2021, 2020 and 2019. You are not a 'potential sponsor' until your are invited to apply and submit your sponsorship application. IRCC is ultra clear about being unable to assess any income requirement until the actual application is submitted, which only happens after PGP invite.

Not sure why you are trying reinvent IRCC policies and where you are getting this LICO policy. I have just copy pasted IRCC text once again. I will surely start a new thread busting the myths circulated by VIP members.

****************************************IRCC WEBSITE***************************************************
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents:

• The interest to sponsor form is not an application.
  • The form is a way to inform IRCC you are interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents.
  • As a potential sponsor, you need to ensure that you are eligible to sponsor before you submit an interest to sponsor form. This includes making sure that you meet the minimum necessary income requirements
  • You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if you have one) must prove you have enough income to support all the people you’ll be financially responsible foronce you become a sponsor. This includes yourself.
  • If you’re invited to apply, you have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 tax years before the date you apply.
  • We can’t assess whether you meet the income requirements until you apply (if you’re invited).
    Note: For the 2022 process, we’ll assess sponsors on their income for tax years 2021, 2020 and 2019.
I agree with "yourfather" ,
Hope this "Canuck78" guy has other things to do in spare time.

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Got an invite for my parents on Oct 14! The invite code was 9C*****-**

When I am going through the application process, i have some questions if someone can help:
1. The application checklist says it needs the photo at the beginning of the process. But I hear photos are only requested when sending the passport. Which way is recommended?
2. I am filling out the application for my parents since they don't speak english. Do i still need to fill out the representative form additionally?
[Yes you need to sign representative form.]

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hi Folks, Thanks again for all the support. I am into completing the application now. I have two road blockers,

1) I do not have a birth certificate, it was optional when I submitted my PR application
2) My parents don't have a marriage certificate. But they are married for the past 39yrs

Any advice is greatly appreciated
I have same situation, I m sure birth certificate is needed, for me being in Alberta I will need to approach Consulate in Vancouver. But still checking if Marriage affidavit of my and parents will work or we will need Marriage certificate only?

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hi, I am in a process of filling in Form imm5768-Financial evaluation for parent and grandparents sponsorship, it asks ( Question 3 A Current undertaking) Number of persons included, does that include me, my spouse, kids and My parents who I am sponsoring? Please guide current and previous undertaking? Appreciate any guidance. Thanks

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi, I am in a process of filling in Form imm5768-Financial evaluation for parent and grandparents sponsorship, it asks ( Question 3 A Current undertaking) Number of persons included, does that include me, my spouse, kids and My parents who I am sponsoring? Appreciate any guidance. Thanks
Here is how it goes . Question 3 Current undertaking you counts your parents only so write 2 ( Mom and Dad )
Question 2 has already counted you - 1 ( Now total is 3 )
go down to question number 5 - Your spouse - 1 ( new total is now 4 )
go down again to question number 6 - Every one else ( Your kids ) - if you have one kid write 1
question 7 will auto populate - as per above example it will be 5 ( Auto Populated )

Make sure for all other field enter 0 if that does not apply , so not leave it blank .