+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

cutiecube

Oct 2, 2019
If you don‘t meet LICO for 2019 it will be refused for your parents too. You must meet LICO for all three years. Doesn’t matter who is principal applicant, if they apply.
OMG, that means people should give up not applying without meeting LICO even though people get an invitation? If people still want to try but refused, IRCC just make money on the application fees...

cutiecube

Oct 2, 2019
sounds like your only option is to apply for 1 person

god, and I was wondering why they send out 23K invitation with the intention to have only 15K applications.
you filled in the interest form KNOWING you don't meet requirements!?

I never thought about that I will get invitation after 2 years, so I filled on interest form just like playing a try, thinking at least I step inside the pool. I filled out in Oct, 2020, I guessed that I can meet LICO starting from 2020, as many many many stuck at home and got EI, but I still kept working in a pharmacy. Adding my grandma's name at time just thinking that why not give it a try.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OMG, that means people should give up not applying without meeting LICO even though people get an invitation? If people still want to try but refused, IRCC just make money on the application fees...
You can’t apply for one parent. You must apply for both. The eligibility requirements are clearly stated - you must meet LICO for 3 years. You don’t apply if you don’t meet LICO. Go ahead and apply and see what happens. Just so you know if the program opens next year or the year after, and your file is still being reviewed for not meeting LICO, you can reapply.

cutiecube

Oct 2, 2019
You can’t apply for one parent. You must apply for both. The eligibility requirements are clearly stated - you must meet LICO for 3 years. You don’t apply if you don’t meet LICO. Go ahead and apply and see what happens. Just so you know if the program opens next year or the year after, and your file is still being reviewed for not meeting LICO, you can reapply.
Thanks, I see, then try to apply for my parents exclude my grandma.

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
im not sure if you can cancel your Representative portal ,but lets say you cant when you apply using a different email you can add a document explaining why you are changing the email straight forward with full transparency .
for the second question you mentioned it yourself your mother is still under the the title of visitor in Canada so her actual place of residency is still the home country ,as long as you are respecting the dates ,and most probably if everything goes well the PR wont finish by 2024 ( in reference to the expiry date of the visa ) mentioning that your mother is in Canada presently on a visit visa can also be mentioned in the letter explaining why you changed the email address .
you will simply be delaying your process if you dont start it the right way
Thank you very much for the feedback. I will make sure to attache a letter from the get-go to minimize delays

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
She is visiting you. You can try to extend her visitor status in Canada. A visa that expires in 2024 doesn’t mean she can remain until 2024. She will have to try and extend her visitor status to determine if she can remain during the PGP processing.
I will be extending her visitor visa as well

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Before you said go ahead and try? I also want to try...
Because you keep saying it is unfair that you don’t meet LICO. You want to go ahead anyway. You should decline as you don’t meet eligibility requirements. They decline people who are $100 short. You will tie up your application for years, and possibly miss future opportunities because you will not be able to put in further expressions of interest while your file is under review. There is a reason they sent out invites to around 23k and only accept up to 15k. It is because so many applications will not be eligible, and many will be refused because they don’t meet LICO.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Before I filled out my interest sponsor form are my parents, my grandma, now just checked the income requirement, if counting me, my father and mother 3 people, I only meet 2020 and 2021. The 2019 is not meet. If counting me, my father, my mother, my grandma, 4 people so not meeting income requirement. So I got the invitation this year and I should just fill the application for my parents exclude my grandma for a better chance to success, right?
you should have checked income requirements BEFORE you submit the interest to sponsor.
this is on the 2020 interest to sponsor form:

What happens next

After the closing date, we'll randomly choose potential sponsors and invite
them to apply to sponsor their parents and grandparents. If we invite you
to apply, you need to meet all eligibility criteria. For example, you need to
meet minimum income requirements, live in Canada and be at least 18
years old.

Add to add: 2019 is the norm: minimum income requirement = LICO + 30% This had always been the requirement until covid hit.
IRCC lowered the requirements by not adding 30% for 2020 and 2021. This is a one-time special treatment for covid. They can announce it to end anytime. You didn't meet the requirement on the year you submitted interest to sponsor (2017, 2018, 2019) and you don't meet the requirement this year when you are invited (2019, 2020, 2021). Don't waste your money and time on it.

Reactions: Naturgrl

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for your response. I have also sponsored my parents in past. they are the permanent resident now. should i be including my parents in the head count? meaning me, me wife, my two kids and my parents . Total 6 people and now two parents in law. meaning i have to meeting the requirement for a family of 8? :rolleyes:
If it's witihin the 20 years undertaking (or 10 years depending on the sponsorship rule when they were sponsored) after they were sponsored for PR, they needed to be counted for the family member. Yes the number is 8 for you.