+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

mohsinzubair

Jan 16, 2014
Ok, This is one of the confusing parts to this:

I imagine that I will not be adding my brothers (22) and (26) and myself (citizen) here as dependents. ??

The title says, you must provided details of each of your family members (and the rest mentioned).

Generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).
You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.
When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.
Do you have dependants to add to this form? (required)
Yes
No

Bhavneet91

Dec 9, 2015
There are only 3 days left for invitation. What date did you guys apply (the ones who got application invite)?

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
I have recieved the invitation to sponsor and I have question. My date of birth certificate doesn't have my last name which I need to prove my relationship with my parents but my invitation letter and passport have it . What can do in this case. Should I attach my educational documents and will this be any issue?

jeychie18

Nov 30, 2016

I imagine that I will not be adding my brothers (22) and (26) and myself (citizen) here as dependents. ??

The title says, you must provided details of each of your family members (and the rest mentioned).

Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).
You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.
When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.
Yes
No
22 and over are not considered dependants anymore. You don't have to include them.
It clearly says dependants there "Do you have dependants to add to this form? (required)"

Reactions: YVR123

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021

Dependants
Yes
No
22 and over are not considered dependants anymore. You don't have to include them.
It clearly says dependants there "Do you have dependants to add to this form? (required)"
I posted this in another thread and posting it again here, so that who missed also sees it.

Adding where @jeychie18 left, for anyone who is not spouse (one of your parent) or dependent (your sibling) or dependent of dependent (your nephew or nieces) of the principal applicant (one of your parent), there is no need to submit a separate
  • Schedule A- Background/Declaration (IMM5669),
  • Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
  • Supplementary Information Your Travels (IMM5562).
  • CV
  • Moreover, you do not need to add a separate section in Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 008) for them.
To know who qualifies as a dependent, please refer the the guide 5772 or check the tool in the guide to check that. For the reference, I have put link to the guide and excerpt from the guide. Also, if anyone qualifies as dependent s/he must be included to calculate the family size.

This is based on my understanding of the guide, and other official references. I highly encourage you, and other preparing application package, to read it thoroughly. Also, I would appreciate a lot if you, or other, could point out my understanding is inconsistent with the guide or other official references.

Link to guide:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Dependant’s relationship to the principal applicant
Select your dependant’s relationship to you, the principal applicant:

• Adopted Child
  • Child
  • Common-Law Partner
  • Grandchild
  • Other
  • Spouse
  • Step-Child
  • Step-Grandchild
  • “Other”
Dependant type
Type A

The dependant is under the age of 22 and single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).

Type B (Important: This dependant type applies only if your child’s age was locked in before August 1, 2014)

The dependant has been continuously enrolled in and in attendance as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22.

Type C

The dependant is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22, and is unable to provide for themselves because of a medical condition.

Not sure which type of dependant your child is? Check if your child qualifies as a dependant by answering a few questions.

Reactions: jeychie18

canada88

Oct 19, 2014
Hi All,

I have a basic question. I just got an invitation email for my parents sponsorship.
My question is:
Can I apply for my parents and create an account for them with the same email that I used for initial request for parents sponsorship?
or my parents have to have a different email and apply directly?

Thank you all

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hi All,

I have a basic question. I just got an invitation email for my parents sponsorship.
My question is:
Can I apply for my parents and create an account for them with the same email that I used for initial request for parents sponsorship?
or my parents have to have a different email and apply directly?

Thank you all
We are doing the same ... for me, my wife received the invitation for PGP2022 for her parents (dad and mom). She will be using her email to create a profile and apply the pr. She will be the representative for her parents, and going to fill "Use of a Representative [IMM5476e]" and work (prepare, upload and apply) on her parents behalf.

FYI the below is from Application Guide 5772

Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)
Who may use this form?
Fill out this form only if you:

• are appointing a representative;
  • need to update contact information for your previously appointed representative; or
  • are cancelling a representative’s appointment.
If you have dependent children aged 18 years or older, they must fill out their own copy of this form if a representative is also conducting business on their behalf.

Who is a representative?
A representative is someone who:

• you have appointed by completing the IMM 5476 form;
  • gives advice, consultation, or guidance to you at any stage of the application process; and
  • has your consent to conduct business on your behalf with IRCC and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
You are not obliged to hire a representative. We treat everyone equally, whether they use the service of a representative or not.

For more information, see: Use of a Representative.

malwai3x

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Hello Everyone,
I got invitation last week. I am way above income requirements. My question is, I contributed 35000$ towards RRSP in 2021. Therefore it counts as deduction from total income for tax purposes. Will it affect my income requirements?
No it won't affect anything as LICO refers to your Gross income and not Net income.

Reactions: YVR123

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Did any one from Quebec get invitation? Is there is thread for Quebec PGP ?
Yes I did receive invitation this Monday 16th. And already overwhelmed with the application process as I am doing paperwork myself. l have soo many questions. Looks like there isn't many quebec applicant here, as I didn't find any active thread :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 8494193