12-12-2014 CSQ received
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
April 15 file received at BIQ Mexico
Interview........
Waived
Confirmation number please
Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation / L’invitation à présenter une demande dans le cadre du Programme des parents et des grands-parents - CP********91-20

Jay37

Aug 17, 2020
Hello

We received ITA few days ago. While the case is straight forward, there’s one thing that I’m concerned about: We have two brothers living with our parents, both financially dependent on them. However, one is under 22 and one is 23. The older one is a full time student and relies completely on our parents. As per IRCC policies, financial dependency will only be considered if the child is physically or mentally unable to support himself.
My question is, is there no way to include my older brother in the application as a dependent since he is fully dependent financially but not physically or mentally relying for support?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

We received ITA few days ago. While the case is straight forward, there’s one thing that I’m concerned about: We have two brothers living with our parents, both financially dependent on them. However, one is under 22 and one is 23. The older one is a full time student and relies completely on our parents. As per IRCC policies, financial dependency will only be considered if the child is physically or mentally unable to support himself.
My question is, is there no way to include my older brother in the application as a dependent since he is fully dependent financially but not physically or mentally relying for support?
There is no way to include your older brother.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123
Oct 17, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I got invitation last week. I am way above income requirements. My question is, I contributed 35000$ towards RRSP in 2021. Therefore it counts as deduction from total income for tax purposes. Will it affect my income requirements?

meha68

Oct 17, 2022
I just got invite but my situation changed.
In 2020 ,I fill the form with my partner for my parents and her parents ,
Now we are divorced ,then should I just sponser my parents instead of all.
That's possible

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
I just got invite but my situation changed.
In 2020 ,I fill the form with my partner for my parents and her parents ,
Now we are divorced ,then should I just sponser my parents instead of all.
That's possible
You got invitation so you can sponsor only your parents. you can't sponsor her parents. and you have divorced paper? so upload your document you should be fine.

Reactions: meha68

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Yes I have divorce papers.
Thanks
On cic website.
As per instruction guide.
Question 8
  1. Indicate your current marital status:
    Annulled Marriage
    This is a marriage that is legally declared invalid. An annulment can also be a declaration by the Catholic Church that the marital union did not have a binding force.
    Common-Law
    This means that you have lived continuously with your partner in a marital-type relationship for a minimum of 1 year.
    Divorced
    This means that you are officially separated and have legally ended your marriage
    Legally Separated
    This means that you are still legally married but no longer living with your spouse.
    Married
    This means that you and your spouse have had a ceremony that legally binds you to each other. Your marriage must be legally recognized in the country where it was performed and in Canada.
    Single
    This means that you have never been married and are not in a common-law relationship.
    Widowed
    This means that your spouse has died and that you have not re-married or entered into a common-law relationship.

Include the Divorce petition and judgement paper.

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
Does anyone know this invitation sent based on some % ratio for each province ?
i.e. ON has highest population so may be interest count would be higher so they get more invitations then other provinces like SK or PEI ?

gaverosette

Oct 13, 2022
hi all, both my husband and I got the invitation to sponsor our parents. We will likely make the income requirement. My question is, do you think that if we both submit it lowers the likeliness of getting approved? Should we choose between his parents and mine? Thoughts?

hi all, both my husband and I got the invitation to sponsor our parents. We will likely make the income requirement. My question is, do you think that if we both submit it lowers the likeliness of getting approved? Should we choose between his parents and mine? Thoughts?
As long as your income(s) covers the requirement for the number of people sponsored, it won't affect your chances.

Reactions: gaverosette