+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
I received the invitation to apply yesterday October 12th. my deadline to submit the application is on 24th December2022. I would like to know if anyone else received the invitation. I applied for it 2020 and just now getting the email.
Please share your confirmation number

sandhuhere2

Feb 21, 2017
Most countries don’t allow any parent sponsorship with access to public healthcare and other benefits. The fact that you have the option to apply is actually very lucky.
I am blessed that I live in Canada and has this opportunity, the comment was more or so based on the lottery system. They could introduce some score based system or some eligibility checker beforehand, so ineligible people don't waste invites.

Reactions: Nishiminami

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Anybody knows whether CIC is going to send out the invite throughout the day? Or just in the morning? So sick of checking my inbox every minute. Hope I will get picked this year, has been applying for over 5 years and still no luck =/
same feeling.. :(

Swarnalatha

Dec 16, 2013
Do I need to update the CIC regarding the passport expiry in the webform? The passport which I had submitted in the initial sponsorship request form has expired. I will be submitting the PGP application with the new passport.

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Finally got an invitation to sponsor my parents yesterday after 10 years of waiting. Was such a bittersweet moment.

So now getting ready to file. I see the application is to be filed by parents but they are in India with no internet access.

I thought I could file from here as their authorized representative. But When i try to sign up as a representative, it asks for IRCC's membership ID#

I am not an immigration consultant. Can I be their authorized representative ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do I need to update the CIC regarding the passport expiry in the webform? The passport which I had submitted in the initial sponsorship request form has expired. I will be submitting the PGP application with the new passport.
No just submit the application with new passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Finally got an invitation to sponsor my parents yesterday after 10 years of waiting. Was such a bittersweet moment.

So now getting ready to file. I see the application is to be filed by parents but they are in India with no internet access.

I thought I could file from here as their authorized representative. But When i try to sign up as a representative, it asks for IRCC's membership ID#

many who have just qualified to sponsor are complaining that it’s unfair that they can’t apply. The reality is that many have been waiting 5-10 years applying every year and just got selected. IRCC should clarify on their website that although you may qualify to apply for PGP generally it takes multiple years to get selected if not much longer So to expect that it will be closer to a 7- 10 year process with the increased processing times.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019

Definatly You can filled form here. But they need to sign the form. Read the bold font. This might help you.

Using an immigration representative

If you want to appoint someone to do business with IRCC on your behalf, you must

An immigration representative (an immigration consultant or lawyer) can give you advice and help you with your application for a fee, but they can’t

• open a portal account on your behalf
  • electronically sign the application for you
  • sign into the portal using your username and password
A representative can fill out forms and communicate with IRCC on your behalf through their own account. They can also

• help you prepare the supporting documents you need to upload
  • answer questions about the forms
After you read the declaration, you must be the one who types your name and clicks the “submit” button. This is the legal requirement for your application to be considered “signed,” according to Canada’s immigration law.

Helping your parents and grandparents with their application
You have to ask permission and provide the right forms if you want to
  • prepare or help prepare your parents’ and grandparents’ application and communicate with IRCC on their behalf
  • check on their application status
Find out how to act as a representative or access your family members’ information.
How to find your Canadian citizenship information

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Please provide confirmation number if you have received the invite

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014

Please provide confirmation number