+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Sandeep C

Mar 8, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I got a passport request for my mother.

If you are currently in Canada, and plan to be in Canada for at least two months, you are
not required to submit your passport/package and will be landed virtually. Please advise the
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter
if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI
and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

The webform link given here is not working.

Please help how to get access to this webform.

nkaur1985

Oct 13, 2022
Can anyone help me with this ?we have applied for both the parents and they got only one COPR document for the main applicant (father). There is no separate COPR for my mother. In my dad’s COPR , it says that she will accompany her. Is this expected ?

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
How long do Background checks get? we got Pre-Arrival Letter for my parents in Oct 2023, they have passed through Medical and POC and others, right now shows both Eligibility and Background check in progress. They are from Iran, so I assume lengthier background check but it has been 5 months since last update

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
My mother's background check has been going on for 8 months now and still no medical or PCC. Background checks can take weeks, months, or years.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My mother's background check has been going on for 8 months now and still no medical or PCC. Background checks can take weeks, months, or years.
This is different. I though background check is usually done after medical and PCC.
Maybe it's different for Quebec?

katezhu

Mar 7, 2023
How long do Background checks get? we got Pre-Arrival Letter for my parents in Oct 2023, they have passed through Medical and POC and others, right now shows both Eligibility and Background check in progress. They are from Iran, so I assume lengthier background check but it has been 5 months since last update
After passing medical exam on Oct 2023, my parents' case is in security check, criminal check and reviewing eligibility.

In GCKey account, it shows "background not available".

When did your parents case's status change to "background check in progress". I searched online and if the status was changed from not available to in process, usually background check is finished.

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Their status under background check changed just short after their medical was approved in Oct 2023

katezhu

Mar 7, 2023
Their status under background check changed just short after their medical was approved in Oct 2023
The background status in our case is "not applicable". No change so far.

My parents passed medical exam on Oct 2023 and my dad had 3 years of military services more than 50 years ago even just a stand guard.

I think we have the similar timeline, keep posted if there is any update at your side.

Reactions: sakshi mehta

shubhamtapadar

Dec 11, 2018
united states of america
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Nomination.....
12-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-02-2019
Guys, finally received the Passport request. Timeline as follows:

Application Submitted: December 24,2022
Additional Documents Requested (IMM 5406 for both principal applicant and dependent): February 17, 2023
Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) confirming application is processed at CPC Mississauga: March 3, 2023
Biometrics not requested as previously provided for TRV.
Additional Documents Requested (Documents to support dependent's relationship to primary applicant: Aadhar Card, Voters Card, Passports and Documents to support sponsor's relationship to primary applicant: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passports, Secondary and Senior Secondary School Certificates): August 11, 2023
Medicals Request: December 6, 2023
Sponsor Approval and letter to submit PCC (if not already submitted): December 8, 2023
Medicals Passed: December 22, 2023
Additional Documents Requested (IMM 0149 for principal applicant): January 25, 2024
Invitation to Pre-arrival services: March 9, 2024
Final Decision Updated with Date on CIC website: March 11, 2024
PPR Request: March 12, 2024

Wishing everyone best wishes for speedy application processing.

canadatech

Jan 16, 2018
Hello all,
This is in regards to my mother's PR sponsorship that we applied
It shows "Decision Made" on both Sponsorship & Permanent Residence on ECAS portal on 11th March 2024
We received the Pre-Arrival Service Letter as well on 11th March 2024.
Does anyone know how long till we receive Passport Request
It is outland application, Visa Office is New Delhi, India
Any insight would be helpful :)

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
The background status in our case is "not applicable". No change so far.

My parents passed medical exam on Oct 2023 and my dad had 3 years of military services more than 50 years ago even just a stand guard.

I think we have the similar timeline, keep posted if there is any update at your side.
Yeah we have very similar timelines, my dad also served in military for his compulsory service as an engineer 45 years ago

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
Hi All
Need information about linking PGP application to gckey account..

1. Can i link application with XF prefix which i recd recently? Or should we wait till AOR with actual file no?
2. Family size - should i count co-sponsor and child of the sponsor also alongwith principal and dependant application
3. I do not have family name on passport and as per instruction provided family name was left blank.
However to link first name and family name is mandatory..How to beat this and any workaround?

Kindly support...Thanks in advance

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hi All
Need information about linking PGP application to gckey account..

1. Can i link application with XF prefix which i recd recently? Or should we wait till AOR with actual file no?
2. Family size - should i count co-sponsor and child of the sponsor also alongwith principal and dependant application
3. I do not have family name on passport and as per instruction provided family name was left blank.
However to link first name and family name is mandatory..How to beat this and any workaround?

Kindly support...Thanks in advance
Try removing the X from prefix to link. I suppose if the family name is blank then use the first name.

For #2 I guess you are right in including everyone. Anyways search through this thread as there were such queries and responses that helped during Dec 2023 to Jul/Aug 2023. All the best!