+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

PGP2019QC

Jun 21, 2019
hello we got PPR but the main applicant is back home and the dependent child is in canada as a student . can they send passport copies to 2 different offices ?

Last edited:

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Hello everyone, while I understand this thread primarily focuses on 2022 applications, I'm hopeful that someone here may relate to my current situation. Recently, my mother, who is a dependent on the application, has arrived in Canada on a visitor visa and plans to stay for six months. However, my father, the primary applicant, remains in our home country. I'm seeking guidance on where to inform IRCC about my mother's presence in Canada. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello, does anyone know what this means?

We only got a pre-arrival letter, and on the system it says Latest update: Final decision with todays date followed by "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made." .Its confusing/contrasting that it says Final Decision and date, but then it says we will send you a message when a final decision is made. Background check says we are processing.

Thanks.

katezhu

Mar 7, 2023
Hello, does anyone know what this means?

We only got a pre-arrival letter, and on the system it says Latest update: Final decision with todays date followed by "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made." .Its confusing/contrasting that it says Final Decision and date, but then it says we will send you a message when a final decision is made. Background check says we are processing.

Thanks.
I think your case passed background check. Passport request will be soon.
Could you please share your timeline?

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
I think your case passed background check. Passport request will be soon.
Could you please share your timeline?

Hello, thank you for your response. I hope this is good news then, they have been taking a very long time.

My timeline is

Application submission: Dec 22-23, 2022
Family info request: March 10 2023
Sponsorship approval: August 2023
Medicals: December 2023
PCC: sent in advance in December 2023
Govt service info request: January 2024
Request for marriage evidence since documents did not suffice: Feb 2024
Sent pre-arrival letter March 14 2024

Thats all i have for now. Dates are approx since I did not keep track of it.

SueCha

Nov 5, 2023
Hello guys,
I got the passport submission letter for my dad. My mum is listed as dependent. I am wondering if they have to send all requested documents in 1 package or individual packages for each of them. The passport submission letter is only under my dad’s name. They are in India if that helps at all.. would really appreciate any help from anyone who have successfully passed this step,
as mixed instructions everywhere.
thanks again!

ameens313

Mar 16, 2023
Hello All,

Does anyone know how long it's taking to get eCOPR after submission of photo & address on PR portal? I just received 2nd email to upload photos and addresses. Already done.

PGP Application:
Inland (Parents on Visitor Visa)
CPC Mississauga

Submitted: Dec 24, 2022
AOR: Mar 3, 2023
Biometrics: From previous visa application
Medical: From previous visa extension application
Request for Additional Docs: Voter ID and Adhaar - Aug 14, 2023
Submitted on: Sep 1, 2023
Sponsor Approval: Jan 17, 2024
Request for PCC: Jan 23, 2024
Submitted PCC: Mar 6, 2024

PR Portal Email to send email for each applicant: Mar 12, 2024
Replied to this email on same day

PR Login credentials email: Mar 18, 2024
Logged in and submitted photos and addresses on the same day

eCOPR: Waiting as of 18-Mar-2024

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello guys,
I got the passport submission letter for my dad. My mum is listed as dependent. I am wondering if they have to send all requested documents in 1 package or individual packages for each of them. The passport submission letter is only under my dad’s name. They are in India if that helps at all.. would really appreciate any help from anyone who have successfully passed this step,
as mixed instructions everywhere.
thanks again!
Hello, so does this mean, u do not have to upload photos on the portal.? so basically in this case, the package with letter, passport and photos are sent to VFS and they send it to the embassy for passport stamping directly? Thanks.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I received invitation to Pre-Arrival Service and another document which says Information Letter ( Asking for Photo and Appendix -B updated information chart)
Is this common to everyone ? What actions are required from my side?
Please advise

Thank You
Hi Ravi, I also got this letter with Appendix B. Did you fill this out? is this common for everyone? Thanks

ndndnd

Apr 3, 2012
I got a strange request asking for either my voter ID (didn't have one before I left India) , Aadhaar card (wasn't there when i left India), and middle school certs. Otherwise they are asking for old passports and/or OCI, my old PAN card and parents ration card. Anyone else receive this request?
Hi there, Were you able to submit all docs and did you hear back on it? I got the same request. I only have passports and 10th certificate.

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Hi there, Were you able to submit all docs and did you hear back on it? I got the same request. I only have passports and 10th certificate.
I had received this request last yr. I submitted only the old Indian passport as I have nothing else. Then I received my sponsor approval.

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Hello everyone, while I understand this thread primarily focuses on 2022 applications, I'm hopeful that someone here may relate to my current situation. Recently, my mother, who is a dependent on the application, has arrived in Canada on a visitor visa and plans to stay for six months. However, my father, the primary applicant, remains in our home country. I'm seeking guidance on where to inform IRCC about my mother's presence in Canada. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
You can use this webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx