17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
Hi

Have you applied TRV for your parents? Or did CIC question you yet? I am in similar situation. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
I have not applied yet.will apply in a month or so

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Are you going to apply without changing your parents DOB or have you started the process to correct it? I am confused what to do?

Thank you
You must email IRCC to inform about your parents' incorrect birth dates. Do include copies of your parents' passports

aastham

May 25, 2017
You must email IRCC to inform about your parents' incorrect birth dates. Do include copies of your parents' passports
Can you help me with their email address please? and after you sent email, what reply did you get from them?

Thanks

Pareshy

May 7, 2018
hi i apply for spousal sponsorship..and filled incorrect date of birth of my father...what should i do now..my brother is also in canada..he filled correct in forms..plzz guide me

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Email: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

The records were updated
Hello,
I would like to rectify some mistakes made on my parents' date of birth and place of birth on my PR application some years ago.
Are there forms that need to be completed?
I am aware that I might have to provide my parents' Passport photo/data page as evidence.

Is it only by email that I need to inform IRCC? Are there other means to inform IRCC?

Thank you.

ani486

Oct 21, 2018
Hi Samin,

We have had the same experience..... my sibling who is a Canadian PR had stated the wrong birth dates for my parents in his PR application.

For my parents' subsequent TRV applications, TRV Invitation Letter, and other related documents, we specified the correct date of births. In any case, my parents' passports have the correct DOB. There was no problem for their TRVs.

Later, we sent all appropriate documentation to CIC to inform them about this mistake in the PR application

Hope this helps. All the best :)
HI Bryanna,

I am in similar situation. I had entered wrong date of birth for my spouse's father in my EE application. My spouse is non accompanying spouse in my EE application. Later on, I added my newborn in the application when the application was in progress. I was asked to to resubmit updated IMM 0008 and IMM 4506 forms along with my baby's birth certificate. This time, I entered correct DOB of spouse's parent in her IMM 5406 form. My application got processed and I am now a PR.

I was going through my files and came to know about this glitch as I am now sponsoring my spouse for her PR. Will that affect her application? Will the date submitted in my EE profile matter now? Because during the course of the application, I have sent updated IMM 5406 forms with IMM 0008.

Can you please give your inputs.

ani486

Oct 21, 2018
Hello,
I would like to rectify some mistakes made on my parents' date of birth and place of birth on my PR application some years ago.
Are there forms that need to be completed?
I am aware that I might have to provide my parents' Passport photo/data page as evidence.

Is it only by email that I need to inform IRCC? Are there other means to inform IRCC?

Thank you.
HI Flosure,

Could you update the records? What process did you follow as I am also in a similar situation.

Mrunalni

Jan 17, 2021
i am on the same situatiion. is there somebody can enlighten us.
Thank you and God bless
Hi I don't remember what I entered my parents date of birth format in my student visa application.. how to change it right in my PR application.. how to inform them about my mistake.

Mar 26, 2021
Hi Samin,

We have had the same experience..... my sibling who is a Canadian PR had stated the wrong birth dates for my parents in his PR application.

For my parents' subsequent TRV applications, TRV Invitation Letter, and other related documents, we specified the correct date of births. In any case, my parents' passports have the correct DOB. There was no problem for their TRVs.

Later, we sent all appropriate documentation to CIC to inform them about this mistake in the PR application

Hope this helps. All the best :)
Hii have the same problem.My mother doesn't have any passport yet,only birth certificate.I want to sponsor my cousin, will this be a problem if my mother dob mismatched?

mayu6345

Nov 19, 2013
Hello, when i was applying my PR for Canada i mistakenly gave my brothers date of birth incorrect. Now i want to sponsor my brother but i am concerned this would be an issue. I am wondering how i can correct this before he starts his process.